• The only thing more foolish than complaining about a game that hasn’t come out yet is putting in feature requests for a product that is already “in the can” as Larry has told us.

Nonetheless, here are my requests for AAE40:

1. Two baltic SZs (gives Germany a chance of keeping a navy around, without necessarily having to buy a T1 AC)
    2. German-Russian Non-aggression pact like Japan-US, void on USSR turn 2 income phase
    3. 4 SZs between US East coast and any UK-adjacent SZ (unlikely, but only way to have “Atlantic Gap” with ports)
    4. 4 spaces of air travel from UK to Germany.  You need a staging point or LRA to strat bomb germany proper (still able to bomb secondary ICs, e.g. French)
    5. At least 4 german subs at large in the Atlantic to start the game

• My request would have to be…

1. Two territories for Spain.

2. more sea zones in the North Atlantic

3. Technology that I really want to buy

• My two cents:

1- Specific molds for the italian units;
    2- Dark green or grey or dark grey or light grey or anything but brown for the italian units;
    3- At least two sea zones from Canada to Algeria;
    4- A Major IC behind Urals (let’s say Novosibirsk) for the USSR;
    5- A Cruiser or a Battleship alone for the Germany in the South Atlantic.

1. Turn order that eliminates the Italy/Germany can opener tactic on Russia
    2. Large enough border between G/R where germany cannot threaten all 3 russian factories from 1 territory
    3. German factory that can build boats into the med
    4. At least 2 SZs, preferably 3, between British isles and Karelia
    5. At least 1, preferably 2, territories between Axis main factories and the beaches in France.
  • Customizer

My suggestions (from LHGD)

The most important thing is the positioning of Moscow.

Still in the Urals? The Moscow Tank Magnet pulls Germany and Japan equally, so very familiar game.

Moved into Europe? Germany/Italy have to attack Russian without Japan, which has too much empty central Asian areas to gobble up. There should be at least twice as many areas from Manchuria to Moscow as from Berlin to Moscow.

New play outs!!
    A game resembling WWII becomes plausible!!!

The pripet marsh will nicely break the eatern front up into northern and southern zones.

There need to be 2 SZs between England and Germany; but (western) Germany must have a north sea coastline!

Stalingrad should be on the Volga, not in the Caucasus.

Oh, and prefer a rule preventing UK/US forces from operating on Russian territory; they should have to attack the European Axis from the west or south through Africa (“Spheres of Influence”). Plus, no Norway-USSR border.

There needs to be an Urals factory to balance the westward shift of Moscow.

I’ve tried to find an elegant solution to Denmark, but in the end it looks like treating it all as one land area bordering Germany with a “Denmark Sea” around the top leading to the Baltic. Must be something better…

Finally, nearer to home, if “England” is to be 2 territories, I assume they will be England and Scotland. This border must be drawn in the right place, as this is the most important ethnic/political border on the whole continent. The IPC split should be proportionately about 8/1.

Something else I was wondering about is Poland; specifically will the board be 1939 friendly?

It’s fairly clear Poland will be divided West/East along the lines of the 1939 partition, but will these two combined constitute a Poland recognisable from pre-partition, so we can use the map to play a 1939 scenario?

My guess is that the western part will be lumped in with east Prussia; I just hope that Poland is not telescoped eastwards as in previous versions.

• My requests are no typos, enough pieces to play, and no need for errata.

• Mine are 2 French costal territories, remote English convoy sea zones in the middle of the atlantic, a Cacacus oil field and MORE JAPENESE TACKS, to make up for the lack of them.

• You guys can forget about Canada.

• @i:

pourquis BD you cant handel bevers!!! or ower invention of hockey??

Don’t know what that meant, but I love hockey.

• My requests are no typos, enough pieces to play, and no need for errata.

• @Brain:

My requests are no typos, enough pieces to play, and no need for errata.

@Razor:

My requests are no typos, enough pieces to play, and no need for errata.

Is there an echo in here.

• '22 '19 '18

One request I have is that central america and eastern US are not adjacent.

• I request a dynamic North African/Middle Eastern Front! I also request a game in which Germany can’t capture a single territory and be on equal industrial footing with the US… I find Revised guilty of violating both of these requests! :-P

• My requests for Europe are:

1. Scrap the Euro
    2. Rename Estonia (Gwlachstonia perhaps?)
    3. Greece should switch countries with Mexico (since their currency is worth the same)
    4. Portugal and Spain should merge (I think this would look better on the map, and it would make it easier for me in Total War Empire)

• A mediteraninan sea beg enough that UK cant reach Egypt from Gibraltar, so Italy has a chance to attack them
    A UK “government in Exile” rule so the game isnt a wash on G2 with a successful sea lion
    A US atlantic fleet with more than just…2 transports 1 destroyer (id like at least 2 destroyers and a cruiser on the coast, and a destroyer cruser at the panama canal)
    A German Battleship and Cruiser near denmark, and with a clear path to open sea in the atlantic
    A russian NO that doesnt kick in untill US and USSR are both at war with germany
    A 7 territory north africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisa, Lybia, Tripolitania, Upper Egypt and Sianai Penisula)
    A minor factory in South Africa, and two minors in Canada (Ontairo, Quebec)
    Convoy zones in the atlantic that are in “open water” sea zones, that the german player can choose who to attack (a convoy in a zone in the middle of the atlantic, but germany can pick any allied space within 3 to convoy raid)
    A bomber to start for italy, 2 for germany 2 for UK, 2 for US
    UK starts with 1 INF, 1 ART, 1 MEC, 3 FTR, 1 TAC,  2 BMR…and a strung out but big fleet
    Units to start the game on gibraltar, and malta

• I request a great game and a promise of more in the future.

• Its cool that many of the early request have already been answered. The Baltic will be 3 sz. The north sea will be 2 sz (between UK & Germany), and Germany will have a direct coast line there. Denmark is the gateway to the Baltic (new straight rule), and RAF can’t reach Baltic fleet from UK and return (w/o LRA anyway). UK will have to first have somewhere to land safely, and Russia won’t be an option early on as it should be neutral. So before UK could mount an attack on the Baltic fleet it will need to take some tt, unless Germany/Russia go to war. I do hope that Germany starts w/BB (or at least a couple cruisers) & support ships in Baltic, along w/many subs in the North Sea/Atlantic. I too would like to see the Brits BB in the Atlantic make it through rd#1. The Med will be interesting, as it sounds like Gibraltar will play a similar role to Denmark. Neutral Turkey will be the only way to gain access in/out of the Black Sea w/surface ships anyway (can you imagine a small starting Russian fleet). Not sure if Larry is allowing subs to pass through straights.

Its a bummer the release got moved from the orig June date to Aug, but it will be worth the wait if the rule book and other production problems are all worked out. That’s my biggest request.

• Also, a German BB (Tirpitz) off the coast of Norway to chomp on Allied convoys :evil:! Also, an increased importance for UK Mediterranean bases (Gibraltar, Malta, Cyprus), although it sounds like Gibraltar will already be playing a more important role. Planes should be able to attack convoys.

• I would like resources to be added to the game. Oil in particular. IPC’s and Oil.

• @Brain:

I would like resources to be added to the game. Oil in particular. IPC’s and Oil.

No way. Definitely not. I would be fine with resources. As in oil, steel, wood, food, labor, and what not. But all or nothing. I don’t want some random stupid oil rule thrown in with ipcs if all the other resources used are not included as well (and they won’t be).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m