• Hello.

I have just adquired the Allies & axis today and before reading the rulebook I wasn’t able to guess some things… I would be pleased if you can help me

-How does the reinceforment work? I mean, What should I do or how can i know how many reinceforcements and which kind of should i get Once i have rolled the dices?

-Can i move troops in the movement phase to a zone which is controled by enemy troops? If it’s yes; Even if its in combat? (Example: St Lou is with 3 infantery and 2 american tanks. They are fighting with 2 germany infantery. Can i move 2 tanks there?)

-If I control the UK troops. Can i move to a place where are USA’s troops? Even if they are in combat?

-If a victory city is conquested (Example: St. Lou) Can I counterattack?

Regards

• Those answers are in the rulebook. If you still have questions try the Frequently Asked Questions Page at the official website.

Just my own feeling on this but rules questions and any form of the statement, “I haven’t read the rulebook” come across as lazy and inconsiderate.

• I have read all the rulebook. But the reinceforcement text is really confusing (I’m not native-speaker). It says that you get the number of reinceforcements equal to the result you got. (Example: 3 and 4; 3+4= 7 reinceforcements). I understand everything. But then it shows an example which im not able to understand.

I can’t understand how does the reinceforcement card work…

I hope anyone can help me

Thanks

• You roll 2 dice for each chart/card during the appropriate order card in the game.

You then bring in that number of reinforcements from that card, left to right and moving down the chart per the silhouettes on the card. It is easiest to set-up the units on the cards. It is pre-determined how many infantry, tanks and artillery you are eligible to recieve during the game. You do not ‘buy’ reinforcements as in other Axis and Allies games.

The Allied reinforcements will have to come in by specific beachhead boxes as shown on the card at first and you will be unable to bring in reinforcements further down the chart, no matter what number is rolled, until the units specific to a beach can enter by that specific beach. Eventually the reinforcements will become ‘any beach.’

Axis works the same way but they have game board spaces they must enter thru, and if you have too many units in that space they will need to use another and so on. One chart is only able to use certain game spaces as is the other. These spaces are labeled.

You must obey the stacking limits for game spaces and beachhead boxes. If you don’t have room the reinforcements will have to wait till a subsequent turn’s roll to be brought in. (If you get 8 reinforcements from your roll but the beachhead boxes only have room for two, you only get two new units. The extra units stay on the chart to be rolled for next turn.)

When you have taken all the reinforcements off of a card that’s it, no more are available.

I hope that helps.  :-)

• Ok let’s see if i understood everything;

Well firstly i would like to say you thanks for your post. It has helped me a LOT

I roll dices: Got 3 and 3 (6)

Let’s inmagine;

UK REINCEFORCEMENT CARD

INF. ART. ART. TANK TANK INF. INF. (x BEACH)
    INF. INF. INF. ART. TANK INF INF ART.(x Beach)
    ART TANK TANK ART INF INF(any beach)

Now I should count left to right up to down: INF. ART. ART. TANK TANK INF.
    Ok that’s what i will receive in the beach called X. ok?

If its like this i have some questions: What should i do with the unit which is left? I mean, this one who must be moved to the X beach and hasn’t be moved because I got a 6 (In my example)

Regards.

P: Ah! And if the zone is full of reinceforcements what should i do move them to another beach or just keep them until next turn’s order of landing?. Many thanks friend :)

• @PARRAesp:

Ok let’s see if i understood everything;

Well firstly i would like to say you thanks for your post. It has helped me a LOT

Happy to help. Sorry for getting cranky that you hadn’t read the rulebook.

I roll dices: Got 3 and 3 (6)

Let’s inmagine;

UK REINCEFORCEMENT CARD

INF. INF. INF. ART. TANK INF INF ART.(x Beach) (let’s say Y beach)

Now I should count left to right up to down: INF. ART. ART. TANK TANK INF.
    Ok that’s what i will receive in the beach called X. ok?

This is correct.

If its like this i have some questions: What should i do with the unit which is left? I mean, this one who must be moved to the X beach and hasn’t be moved because I got a 6 (In my example)

Regards.

P: Ah! And if the zone is full of reinceforcements what should i do move them to another beach or just keep them until next turn’s order of landing?. Many thanks friend :)

For the Allies if a beachhead box is full or doesn’t have room for all the reinforcements your dice roll entitles you to- you can not get those units that turn. Those units stay on the card until you can make room in the beachhead boxes by moving units inland.

If X beach doesn’t have enough room for all the units you can not bring in the Y beach units even if you’ve rolled high enough (an 8 or 9 say in your example chart) to get them.

If X beach has only room for two units and you get that same six, you will only be able to bring in the INF, and ART. The other units will have to wait.

Units must come off the chart in order.

It works similarly for the Axis but they have a couple of spaces to pick from if one gets full and seldom are unable to bring all their rolled for units onto the board.

• Wow! That’s what I call a usefull and complete answer! That was great friend!

I think that i have understood everything. Just got a little question

I read in the rulebook that there is a maximum size of the army that you can put during the reinceforcement step in each boat or transport.

Which is that maximum? The number of INF+TANKS+ART that are drawn in the box?

Thanks very much. And don’t worry about it. It was my fault haha. I revised my first post and I said before instead of after… sorry, I’m spanish not english hahaha

Well Many thanks another time. You have allowed me to play this afternoon! GREAT GAME!

Regards

EDIT!

UK REINCEFORCEMENT CARD

INF. INF. INF. ART. TANK INF INF ART.(Y beach)

Sorry last doubt, i promisse :) .

I have put all the red troops. Next turn i get 4. I have to put all the green troops right?.
    Where will the first green troop (INF) ? X beach or Y beach? Thanks another time :P

• @PARRAesp:

I read in the rulebook that there is a maximum size of the army that you can put during the reinceforcement step in each boat or transport.

Which is that maximum? The number of INF+TANKS+ART that are drawn in the box?

The maximum for the beachhead boxes is the total units pictured in that beachhead box. Pictures are only for set-up. Starting with the first reinforcement step the beachheads can hold any combination of units.

UK REINCEFORCEMENT CARD

INF. INF. INF. ART. TANK INF INF ART.(Y beach)

Sorry last doubt, i promisse :) .

I have put all the red troops. Next turn i get 4. I have to put all the green troops right?.
    Where will the first green troop (INF) ? X beach or Y beach? Thanks another time :P

The remaining green unit will come in at X beach. The next three units will have to come in at Y beach, assuming space is available.

Stacking limits must be obeyed at all times as well. If all Axis reinforcement zones have 8 Axis units they will not be able to bring on additional troops.

• Today I have played my second game and I’ve got my last doubts.

-If there are 8 units in a place; Can I move 2 of them to one place and the other 6 ones to another zone? If it’s yes; Even to three different zones?

-If I have 3 patrols in a place and a unit which is placed there moves, they will receive shoots from my fighters. And what’s happens if a unit which is placed in another zone enters in a place which is patroled by my fighters will it be attacked too?

-Can I exchange troops between 2 full places (Both have 8 units)?

-If there are units fighting agains mines in a zone which is patroled by my fighters will they receive fire?

-When Germany receives reinceforcements in a place patroled by fighters will they receive attacks?

thanks very much. Allies & axis is a great game

• @PARRAesp:

-If there are 8 units in a place; Can I move 2 of them to one place and the other 6 ones to another zone? If it’s yes; Even to three different zones?

Yes, even to three zones.

-If I have 3 patrols in a place and a unit which is placed there moves, they will receive shoots from my fighters. And what’s happens if a unit which is placed in another zone enters in a place which is patroled by my fighters will it be attacked too?

Yes, whenever you move in or out each fighter gets a shot at each single unit.

Hm, intuitively I’d say yes, but I’m not 100% sure because of the 8 unit stacking limit.

-If there are units fighting agains mines in a zone which is patroled by my fighters will they receive fire?

Only when they moved into that zone on OrderCard 12 ( “Axis Moves” ) but not on OrderCard 13 (“Axis Attacks”).

-When Germany receives reinceforcements in a place patroled by fighters will they receive attacks?

At least card No.15 says so.  :-D

Come on be honest, you never took a look at the rules, did you ?  :wink:

• @c64:

@PARRAesp:

Yes, even to three zones.

Yes, whenever you move in or out each fighter gets a shot at each single unit.

Hm, intuitively I’d say yes, but I’m not 100% sure because of the 8 unit stacking limit.

Only when they moved into that zone on OrderCard 12 ( “Axis Moves” ) but not on OrderCard 13 (“Axis Attacks”).

At least card No.15 says so.  :-D

Come on be honest, you never took a look at the rules, did you ?  :wink:

Lol? I read them. But I can’t understand everything very good because I’m not native speaker. Thanks very much

Regards

• How many people have doubts about the theory?  What are your doubts and questions?  What doesnt add up?

This is the place to put these thoughts and inquiries.  You can also respond to some of the questions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m