When will the game become available for pre-order?

• Hey guys, does anyone know when the game will become available for pre-order? I’m just wondering because I love the new AAP40, despite some errors which I’m sure will be fixed in AAE40. Anyone who wishes to comment or has some inside info please do reply.

• I believe Field Marshal Games are already taking pre-orders.  I believe that they started taking them as soon as the Pacific theater was released.  Hope that helps you out.  :-)

• probably in a few months. cheer up though! the more people who know a secret exponentially increase its chances of getting known!

• I just double checked at Field Marshal Games.  Yes they are taking pre-orders for AAE 1940 for 79.99.

• Man, I got my game for $62.99 (AAP40). I would pay that if they gave free shipping, cause that is about what my total was after shipping.

• I’ll wait to see what kind of crap they are going to try and push on us, so basically what I am saying is I won’t be pre-ordering this game.

• Yeah I hear you on that. I will probably wait until further info about the game comes out before I hand them my money again.

• I’m going to wait before placing a pre-order. It took quite some time from the USA to arrive to Canada with coolstuffinc. I’d rather support a local shop instead of waiting that long

• I for one am not buying another WotC game if they are not willing to send a few more Japanese tactical bombers for AAP1940. Sorry that it will hurt Larry in the long run but for the price WotC is wanting for a half-assed game I am not willing to fall for it again.

• I remember reading in a post that someone said that Wotc told them that they are sending him some additional tac. bombers.  I have not heard if he had gotten them or not thou.

• In the threads on AAP1940 I remember 3 people stating that they got extra pieces in the mail over the weekend. I emailed WotC again advising of the posts here with people saying that they got some and WotC said that those were sent before WotC did an official piece count of the game and 6 Japanese tac bombers is the number that is supposed to be in the box. Very disappointed with this company and I sent them another email stating that I will not buy another game from them. Here is the response that I got from them today:

We apologize that you are dissatisfied with the Axis & Allies game that you purchased and assure you that we have passed this feedback on the tactical bomber issue along to the parties who are in charge of the brand. While we cannot promise any changes will be made to that piece count for the game, but that feedback has been given and the brand people are investigating the situation. Thank you and good gaming.

• @miragehunter:

I remember reading in a post that someone said that Wotc told them that they are sending him some additional tac. bombers.  I have not heard if he had gotten them or not thou.

He got his tac bombers.

• TripleA '12

I’m with you skinny1. I won’t buy AAP40 until a corrected 2nd print has been issued. Does anybody know if this is in the pipeline? And I won’t buy AAE40 until the problem has been rectified. I’m sorry to Larry, but there we are.

• I am not happy about less units than needed (setup + builds), but from all I heard here and elsewhere the game is so good that I can “look over” the few bad things.

• @Lozmoid:

I’m with you skinny1. I won’t buy AAP40 until a corrected 2nd print has been issued. Does anybody know if this is in the pipeline? And I won’t buy AAE40 until the problem has been rectified. I’m sorry to Larry, but there we are.

According to WotC they will be sending out correct battle strips in February. That info was in an email that I got from WotC. Maybe a new print will be in the works then after the new battle strip is completed. Hopefully WotC won’t have the production issues with AAE40 after the complaints about AAP40. Larry has even issue a statement about the production of AAP40 that can be found on that forum.

There is also a thread on AAP40 about home brew things for AAP40. The member there created a bigger production chart, new set up/reference cards and a new battle board. They look really good and he provided a link to download them.

• Just wait until it comes out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m