• hi,

me and my friends just started playing the game and we are split between one of the rules. when a battleship takes a support shot and it hits, does the unit get a counter-attack.

thanks for the help.

• yes

• NO it doesnt!!! when a battleship gets an attack during an amphibous landing, the unit it destroys, if it succeds (and there is a 66% chance of that) the unit gets no retaliation at all!!! at least those are the rules that came with the board game, apparently everyone around here is accustomed to changing he rules. also, the battleship is not involved in battle so it cannot be destroyed. it shoots ground cover for the freighters and the amphibious landers.

• Yes it does… The second edition rules under the combat section (top of page 19) says…Note:Any defending units hit by the battleships’ one shot support attack can counterattack. However I like the idea of “softening the beach head” and eliminating the defender with no counterattack. But this varient must be stated at the begining of the game otherwise the rules stands.

• @you:

NO it doesnt!!! when a battleship gets an attack during an amphibous landing, the unit it destroys, if it succeds (and there is a 66% chance of that) the unit gets no retaliation at all!!! at least those are the rules that came with the board game, apparently everyone around here is accustomed to changing he rules. also, the battleship is not involved in battle so it cannot be destroyed. it shoots ground cover for the freighters and the amphibious landers.

well, you’re right in your last sentance.
    and kind of right in your second-to-last sentance (although Hasbro/Avalon Hill does make some suggestions for “evening out the playing field”. As for your first 2 statements - they’re wrong, although i’m curious as to which version of the game you received this rule with.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m