Should the Draft be extended to Women?

• I wasnt saying that the US should do this, I was just saying that females are drafted in my country

• Theres a difference between Bulgaria, with a population of what, 20 million? And America, with 275 Million people. We’d have an insanely costly, huge, and unneeded military if everyone joined at the age of 18.

Well maybe not just military but also publics works and the like. Great way for job experience. :)

• @TG:

Theres a difference between Bulgaria, with a population of what, 20 million? And America, with 275 Million people. We’d have an insanely costly, huge, and unneeded military if everyone joined at the age of 18.

Well maybe not just military but also publics works and the like. Great way for job experience. :)

i kind of like this idea.
    If you don’t go for post-secondary education, then you are drafted into military or public works service. That almost makes too much sense . . . it would never fly in Canada . . . .

• Yeah, and at the end you would be awarded with tax benefits for your service to the country. :)

• Agreed. Public Service would be very positive.

TG Moses - The military is this aspect is like any other job. For the Navy, all recruits take a test to see if you can make it in the Nuclear Program, then they go from there. It has the highest drop out rate in the Military. I was on a fast attack submarine (Los Angeles Class - USS Boston). Most guys in the auxiliary mechanic, electrical, and electronic divisions (non-nuclear) were nuclear trainee drop-outs (we called them Nuke-Waste!). Some of those guys hated their new rates. They get in trouble they get out, etc., etc. Beyond that, recruiters will promise you the sun and give you little for it if they can. Some people get “promised” a job code only to have the Navy change it in bootcamp (needs of the Navy). Alot of people will get kicked out over that, promised something exciting and then find themselves a cook. I would not have enlisted without a guaranteed school in writing. Beyond all this, like I said before, people just don’t want to get the positives out of a military experience which will help them in any future career. Anyway, that’s what I got out of it…

• I agree the military isn’t for everybody, though the Navy is also an excellent way to earn a secondary school education without having to pay a large tuition. As long as you willing to abide by their rules and work hard enough.

• YOu know why women will never be drafted? Women won’t vote for it.
    Its like if you had a vote about extending childbirth to men. Male voters would block it.

• but there’s nothing the women can do about it if the senate and the house vote on it, and not the people(i guess maybe the women in the senate would vote against it, but they’re too old to be drafted anyway, so they won’t care)

• Perhaps you are forgetting that Senators want to get reelected too? :)

• Exactly

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m