• Hello all. Ok so i just got this game and some things are really confusing for me, first of all the submariines, i have read the rulebook but i still have some trouble to figure out how the suprise attack works, lets say im japan and attacks hawaii with 1 sub he has his carrier there and his sub, i fire and get a hit, then his sub fires and misses, do the suprise strike sink his carrier or can he choose and can his carrier defend?

If i do the same attack and lets say he doesn’t have a sub and i make a suprisestrike on his carrier and scores a hit can he defend with it before it is removed?

strategic bombing is also very unclear i think ok so bombers go in anti air fire hits 1 bomber then 2 left and they roll 2 dices, 1 bomber rolls a 3 and the other rolls a 5 so i place markers under the industry but what do they represent i mean what does it mean?do i lose 8 money for the following turn? do they repair itself?

If i have a fleet in sz 43 can i move it to sz 21?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Veresh!

@veresh:

Hello all. Ok so i just got this game and some things are really confusing for me, first of all the submariines, i have read the rulebook but i still have some trouble to figure out how the suprise attack works, lets say im japan and attacks hawaii with 1 sub he has his carrier there and his sub, i fire and get a hit, then his sub fires and misses, do the suprise strike sink his carrier or can he choose and can his carrier defend?

He can choose to tale the hit on his sub, allowing his carrier to defend.  However, he must choose before he rolls for his sub.  Even if he chooses his sub, it will still fire back, because it fires at the same time as your sub.

@veresh:

If i do the same attack and lets say he doesn’t have a sub and i make a suprisestrike on his carrier and scores a hit can he defend with it before it is removed?

No, because the casualties of a sub Surprise Strike are removed before they can fire back, unless they are also subs.

@veresh:

strategic bombing is also very unclear i think ok so bombers go in anti air fire hits 1 bomber then 2 left and they roll 2 dices, 1 bomber rolls a 3 and the other rolls a 5 so i place markers under the industry but what do they represent i mean what does it mean?do i lose 8 money for the following turn? do they repair itself?

The markers reduce the production capacity of the industrial complexes.  One less unit may be mobilized there for each damage marker.  The IC in Germany may normally mobilize ten units.  If it has three damage markers, it may only mobilize seven units.  If it has ten or more, it cannot mobilize any units.  The most it can have is twenty (twice its normal capacity).

It costs one IPC to remove each damage marker.  You are not required to repair damage unless you want to use the mobilization capacity.  You can repair some, all, or none of the damage on your turn during the Purchase & Repair Units phase.  Repairs take effect immediately, meaning that you can use the repaired mobilization capacity on the same turn.

@veresh:

If i have a fleet in sz 43 can i move it to sz 21?

Yes.  The map “wraps around” from left to right, but not from top to bottom.

• thanks for the fast reply.

But what if my sub misses, can he fire back then? otherwise the battle will go on and on until i sink his carrier?

• Official Q&A

Yes, the carrier will fire back if it’s not hit.

• thanks alot for the help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m