Does this indicate limited run or pacific1940 bieng fixed?

• After getting my second copy of Pacific 1940, cuz i am a extra piece junkie, I was told by my trust worthy hobby shop owner that he was trying to get more copies of Pacific 1940 and that the distributor told him it was sold out. Now I know copies are still being sold but does that indicate a limited runor are they pulling to fix problems.What d you experts think?

• No, it means that Avalon Hill didnt anticipate demand and made too few copies.  Dont read too much into this, they arent gonna pull games.
    If anything they will place an updated version in the new boxes.

• I do not think AAP40 is limited production.

• Could just mean the distributor is sold out, and needs to order more copies from the manufacturer.

• It has already been determined that it is not a limited edition.

• thanks now i will open my new game,      {as a side note he did say they were going to re-release the scaled down pacific like they did with spring 1942.  } Anyone eles here any type of rumer as this. sorry for the bad grammer guys, by now you could be making fun of me ,thanks for not doing so

• @Iwo:

thanks now i will open my new game,      {as a side note he did say they were going to re-release the scaled down pacific like they did with spring 1942.  } Anyone eles here any type of rumer as this. sorry for the bad grammer guys, by now you could be making fun of me ,thanks for not doing so

My local game shop told me the deluxe version is a limited run like AA50 and a smaller Pacific game will be released like WotC did with 1942. I asked him where he got the information and he said it is on the packing slip he got with AAP1940.

• Well looks like we are getting the same info skinny. I am planning on my pacific 1940 being worth twice the value in a year and i will be buying the small version for extra plastic.

• @Iwo:

Well looks like we are getting the same info skinny. I am planning on my pacific 1940 being worth twice the value in a year and i will be buying the small version for extra plastic.

I wonder if the slim and trim version will have tac bombers in it? My guess is that it will not just to frustrate us.

• I went to my local Game Shoppe the other day to order Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear and the owner of the store said he is not so sure that AAP1940 is a limited run anymore. He said he was talking to the sales rep and the rep indicated that it will be around for awhile. I wonder if the game is not selling due to the issues of limited pieces and set up errors and other things that are mentioned in the forum? There are still 2 copies available for sale and he hasn’t sold one since I picked mine up when it was released.

I think AAE1940 will be the last AA game that I buy. I feel really let down by AAP1940 after the previous games have been of such high quality. The other games that I play, Memoir '44 and Conflict of Heroes have much better quality components and I think better game play.

• @skinny1:

I went to my local Game Shoppe the other day to order Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear and the owner of the store said he is not so sure that AAP1940 is a limited run anymore. He said he was talking to the sales rep and the rep indicated that it will be around for awhile. I wonder if the game is not selling due to the issues of limited pieces and set up errors and other things that are mentioned in the forum? There are still 2 copies available for sale and he hasn’t sold one since I picked mine up when it was released.

I think AAE1940 will be the last AA game that I buy. I feel really let down by AAP1940 after the previous games have been of such high quality. The other games that I play, Memoir '44 and Conflict of Heroes have much better quality components and I think better game play.

Dont give sup Skinny…i have a feeling Avalon hill is going to make some great strides in the future with A&A

• @RJL518:

@skinny1:

I went to my local Game Shoppe the other day to order Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear and the owner of the store said he is not so sure that AAP1940 is a limited run anymore. He said he was talking to the sales rep and the rep indicated that it will be around for awhile. I wonder if the game is not selling due to the issues of limited pieces and set up errors and other things that are mentioned in the forum? There are still 2 copies available for sale and he hasn’t sold one since I picked mine up when it was released.

Dont give sup Skinny…i have a feeling Avalon hill is going to make some great strides in the future with A&A

I just sent WotC another email asking for more Japanese tac bombers since another thread has people reporting that they received some in the mail yesterday. If I do not receive any I will be done with Axis and Allies after AAE1940 comes out.

• @skinny1:

@RJL518:

@skinny1:

I just sent WotC another email asking for more Japanese tac bombers since another thread has people reporting that they received some in the mail yesterday. If I do not receive any I will be done with Axis and Allies after AAE1940 comes out.

Here is the response that I received from WotC:

The units you see that were sent out in the forums were for for orders that occurred before Game Support had received the correct piece count for the game. So, unfortunately we cannot provide you extra pieces for the game. We do have a limited amount of replacement pieces, but those are for games that are defective, which include having broken or misshapen pieces, or if a game is missing pieces that are supposed to be in the box.

We do appreciate your feedback regarding the number of pieces provided in the game and have passed the comments on to the game designers.

Thank You

Here is the response that I sent WotC:

Thank you for the quick reply. Axis and Allies Europe 1940 will be the last of the games that I will purchase from your company. I find it very unfortunate that a game calls for 10 tactical bombers for set up and only 6 are included. I will be buying games from Days of Wonder and Academy Games from now on. I have never had this poor of customer service or have bought such a shoddy produced game in all my years of buying board games. This is a shame.

Thanks,

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m