• Has anyone created an alphabetized list of A&A acronyms and other jargon?  I mean for terms like Polar Express, KJF, and things like that?

Although I have several versions of the game and have played since it first came out, I have not previously been involved as deeply as a lot of folks here obviously are.

Since there are special strategies and techniques that have been developed for different versions, and they have names and acronyms that may not be obvious to the first-time reader, it would be neat to have a list of them, with the term defined.

Has anybody made such a thing?  If so, please point me to it.  It would help me in reviewing lots of posts where acronyms and nicknames are used.  Thanks.

If nobody has done this before, I could take it on…I just need input from folks who know what the terms and definitions are, and I could compile them and make the list available.  People can just add to this thread with the term, what it means, and which version(s) it applies to.  I will organize and publish the list somewhere on this board, and strive to keep it updated (I expect more terms to come into use with the 1940 games).

If I see some posts in response to this, I will announce in each version’s forum that info can be added here.  I think this is a little project that could be helpful to new players and the player community as a whole.

• Don’t know how current this is but the last attempt at such a thing was this thread.

I think the recent spate of games, 42, Anniv. and Pacific 1940 have shook this up a bit but it’s a start.

• That is indeed a great start.  Thanks, frimmel.

• I have cut-and-pasted the great answers in that other thread and will work on arranging them in some coherent fashion in a Word doc.

I could probably guess…but someone define exactly the “ignore Japan” strategy and the “Polar Express” counter-strategy and which game(s) they apply to, please.

Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m