• I just sent the same e-mail already sent by Blutcher to the e-mail address reported by skinny1.

• Awesome, thanks. I’m definitely emailing them.

Good work!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I’m betting we can actually make this happen! They already regard this forum as one of their biggest fan bases for A&A (link on their site). IF enough of us complain and are adamant about it, they may eventually concede.

I haven’t been over to Larry’s site lately - is there anyone who’s asked him how many TB he used to play the game? Krieg, did you guys only use 6 TBs? And what about the global game? We will get X2 of all US and UK units but only X1 of everyone else. A bit strange if you ask me…

• I’ve been coming here and lurking for a little while now.  This is the site where I first learned of both P40 and E40 and was excited about being able to expand the A&A experience for myself.  With the problems I’ve heard of with this printing of the game I think I’ll wait and see if they fix things in the second printing.

I myself don’t have a problem with using the markers as I find the regular game board can get quite overcrowded and I can understand the need for cost cutting, they are after all running a business and need to make a profit.  Misprints for setup, stats, the wrong battle strip plus the problem of not having enough pieces for splitting your forces or trying different tactics isn’t cost cutting but poor quality.  That is not good business and also hurts their profit.  Win my money back WOTC!

Here’s my email to them:
    @Variable:

"Hello again,

I purchased Pacific 1940 a few days ago and understand I need to register here to receive the corrected charts for the game. Is there anyway to also get corrected box tops for the new setup info? And, like everyone else, I will ask for a few extra Japanese Tactical bombers as well.

Thank you for your help."

…and here is their response. This is NOT A JOKE. I have not altered the message at all. I think this shows where the communication beakdown occurs between us and WOTC:

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted and the Japanese Bombers. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rule-book and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Jamie
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST

Now, did they just ADMIT there is an issue with the number of Tac Bombers?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

I got the same message and gave them my address.  We will see what happens.

Sean

• I would mention (like I did) that you are less likely to drop another 90$ on Europe if this is what we can expect.

• I’ve added you to the list for the corrected battle strips. Those should starting getting sent out in February, when we expect to receive the corrected ones.

As for the bombers and mechanized infantry, unfortunately you did receive the correct number of those pieces and as such I’m not able to send any more out. We are letting the A&A team know that a lot of customers are frustrated by the smaller amounts, and may be able to get extras of those to send out in the future.

Thanks,

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

Josh
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast

• I sent off my e-mail today, hopefully i will get the same response as you guys. Well at least they are admitting they made mistakes. We’ll see how they fix it.

• Here is the email I sent them, followed by their reply.

Hello,
    I am contacting you in regards to the game Axis and Allies Pacific 1940. I
    received this game for Christmas, and am currently about halfway thru my
    first game. So far, I have been very impressed with the gameplay. I think
    the diplomatic situation adds a very nice mechanic, and I also enjoy the
    added strategic element of the naval/airbases. At first, I was a little
    dissappointed with the cardboard markers for the ICs, AA guns, and
    naval/airbases, but after playing with them, I have decided that it is nice
    not having the board quite so visually cluttered. One thing I do have to
    complain about, however, is the lack of Japanese tactical bombers. There are
    enough to start with, if you use plastic markers, but if and when the Jap
    player splits his forces, there just are not enough minatures to go
    around. How should I go about getting more tac bombers?
    Thank you for your help,
    Adam Ensz

Hi Adam,

I apologize that you feel you have insufficient pieces for Japan. Unfortunately, the amount provided is the correct number of pieces. However, we are in communication with the Axis and Allies team to see if there is any way to provide more of the pieces as this appears to be a common concern. At this time, we do not have more pieces to provide. I will pass your feedback on to the appropriate people.

Please let me know if you need anymore help!

Sound like there may be hope! ;-)

• I got a response from WOTC today:

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rulebook and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

There is no mention of the boxes with incorrect set-ups or Japanese tac bomber pieces that I had requested information on.

• @Butcher:

There is no mention of the boxes with incorrect set-ups or Japanese tac bomber pieces that I had requested information on.

There is also no mention of all the typos and corrections to the rules.

Just when do you think we will get the official release of “Encyclopaedia Errataca” anyway.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@Imperious:

I’ve added you to the list for the corrected battle strips. Those should starting getting sent out in February, when we expect to receive the corrected ones.

As for the bombers and mechanized infantry, unfortunately you did receive the correct number of those pieces and as such I’m not able to send any more out. We are letting the A&A team know that a lot of customers are frustrated by the smaller amounts, and may be able to get extras of those to send out in the future.

Thanks,

Josh
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast

THis was encouraging as well.  I got the same response after I sent my address to them.

Sean

• I’ll wager that the only way you’re going to get extra pieces is buy another game.

• Hey all, here’s the letter I sent:

Hello,

I purchased a copy of Axis and Allies Pacific 1940. Upon opening the box and
    reviewing the contents I have found some issues. The battle strip provided
    does not have the proper units listed. Also, after conducting setup I ran
    out of Japanese Tactical Bombers, grey chips, and was running very low on
    units for other forces. After one round my opponent and I had to use coins
    as grey chips and pieces of paper to represent units. Further research has
    shown me that there are rules errata (including initial setup changes) in
    the works. I don’t feel this is an appropriate level of quality for a game
    of this price.

As a result, I have a few questions: Will a proper battle strip be
    available? Will there be a new rulebook sent out with the errata? Will new
    national army boxes be sent out to reflect setup changes? Will extra pieces
    be made available, and if so, how?

Thank you, and I await your response.

Honestly, I was a little terse in the email. I let my excitement get the better of me. But, hey, I had to cajole, convince, and confound my partner into buying this and play it.

Also, could someone give a count of the number of tact bombers and cruisers for Japan? Heck, if someone could give (or point to) a breakdown for each nation it would be appreciated. I’m wondering if I’ve gotten too few pieces (as opposed to not enough to enact my stratagems).

• Hey guys.  I sent an e-mail to WOTC as well.  This was the response I got from Jamie.

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. The same goes for the Japanese Tactical Bombers as well. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

So in other words, we should be receiving more tactical bombers in Feburary!  Woohoo!

• So I did a draft of the included pieces in my box. I’m guessing I did, in fact, get the right amount with one exception (US Infantry).

Here’s the numbers:

|

| UNIT |
    | Infantry |
    | Artillery |
    | Mech Inf |
    | Tank |
    | Fighter |
    | Tactical |
    | Bomber |
    | Sub |
    | Transport |
    | Destroyer |
    | Cruiser |
    | Carrier |
    | Battleship |

|

| JAPAN |
    | 40 |
    | 12 |
    | 6 |
    | 12 |
    | 16 |
    | 6 |
    | 8 |
    | 12 |
    | 12 |
    | 12 |
    | 8 |
    | 8 |
    | 8 |

|

| USA |
    | 19 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 8 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 4 |
    | 4 |
    | 4 |

|

| CHINA |
    | 30 |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |
    | – |

|

| BRITAIN |
    | 20 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 8 |
    | 8 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 4 |
    | 2 |
    | 4 |

|

| ANZAC |
    | 20 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 8 |
    | 8 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 6 |
    | 4 |
    | 2 |
    | 4 |

|

RED CHIPS  - 10
    GREY CHIPS - 50

So, the 19 Inf for US looks funny to me. What burns a little is that when AAE40 comes out, the Brits and US will get a boost in units, but ANZAC and JAPAN have gotten all they’ll get. How am I supposed to have Japanese in Africa, hmm?

EDIT: Forgot to add the chip counts.

• I have 21inf for the US.( The only extra piece I have. None missing)

Looks like I got your missing US 1inf. :lol:

The bag stuffer for the US inf was having a bad day. :-(

• @BadSpeller:

I have 21inf for the US.( The only extra piece I have. None missing)

Looks like I got your missing US 1inf. :lol:

The bag stuffer for the US inf was having a bad day. :-(

Hey! That’s my infantry! Give him back! :wink:

I was thinking about asking for the unit, but one infantry for the US is going to be moot. Once AA40E comes out I’ll have a whole slew more.

That’s great news (maybe) on the tac bombers. Now, let’s do a bit of a preemptive assessment…

First, can we do what we want to do with just 6 mech inf? If so great, if not, better get them to add that as well.

Second, assuming they fix the amounts of new units, Japan will have a complete double set. After E40, so will the Brits and the US. However, the Germans, Russians, and Italians may run into issues with a single set like the P40 US set. They should all get double sets in E40 as well like the Japanese did in P40. Think they will come through with this or do we start the begging now before we buy it and get disappointed and mad?

Lets collectively draft a letter to WOTC to handle this situation before they box everything up at the banana factory.

With these two games together, we should have two complete sets of equal counts for each nation for the global game, right? Let’s make them give us what we need!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m