• Wait…so you’re saying my Chinese forces shouldn’t be buying strategic bombers?  :?

:-D

• @valthonis:

Wait…so you’re saying my Chinese forces shouldn’t be buying strategic bombers?   :?

They can but only if the Burma Road is open… and extended westward to Cairo.

• @allboxcars:

@valthonis:

Wait…so you’re saying my Chinese forces shouldn’t be buying strategic bombers?   :?

Lol I’m pretty sure it was a joke. Chinese have 1 Fighter, but otherwise can ONLY buy infantry if Burma Road isn’t open, and they can add Artillary if it’s open. They can’t get any other types of units at all.

• @Mino1124:

@allboxcars:

Lol I’m pretty sure it was a joke. Chinese have 1 Fighter, but otherwise can ONLY buy infantry if Burma Road isn’t open, and they can add Artillary if it’s open. They can’t get any other types of units at all.

:-o what??  :-o

OK somebody tell the Chinese infantry if anybody still has the receipt for their shovel…

• I got my 6 tac bombers today and new battle strip. Kudos WOTC you came thru!!!

• @trackmagic:

I got my 6 tac bombers today and new battle strip. Kudos WOTC you came thru!!!

so how was their condition?

• Good. I noticed one of the tac bombers had a light color area of the wing like it got bent (you know how plastic turns white when it gets stretched?) It wasn’t bad though. Probably happened in shipping.

• How were they shipped, in a padded envelope or boxed?

• In an envelope. I think it had the bubble-wrap in the inside, but I don’t recall.  Was there another thread that complained about the packaging or something?

I don’t think the packaging was inappropriate. It seemed to do the trick. I wouldn’t complain about that light spot on my tac bomber’s wing. I’m sure after I played a few more times it would be there anyways.

• Just got my new battle strip and 6 tac bombers too. Thanks for coming through, WOTC!

Unfortunately, due to them being shipped in an unpadded envelope, one of the tac bombers had its vertical stabilizer broken off….But I guess I  can live with that.

• Weird, I got mine today as well, but my tact bombers were in a ANZFAC storage box, yes they shipped the box too)
    I was a little confused by it until I opened the ANZFAC box.

• @Incline:

Just got my new battle strip and 6 tac bombers too. Thanks for coming through, WOTC!

Unfortunately, due to them being shipped in an unpadded envelope, one of the tac bombers had its vertical stabilizer broken off….But I guess I  can live with that.

similar thing with mine. 2 others had fatigue creases in the wings butt I’m happy they came through

• #558  Do not delete me please.

LOL… your too funny!!

• Hey all, i haven’t posted in a little while.

I’m going to order an AAP1940 today, but was wondering if there are still issues?

Do i still need to email them about a new battle strip?

And do i need to email them about Japanese tactical bombers and mechanized infantry? Will they send them?

One last question, other then that is there anything else that i will need?

There are issues with the instruction manual and game set up??

Sorry for ignorance on the matter, i was reading through this thread, but just want to make sure before i order.

• '10

yes, and mail them the battle strip that came with the game

And do i need to email them about Japanese tactical bombers and mechanized infantry? Will they send them?

mention it in the battle strip email and they will send you 6 additional japanese tac bombers

There are issues with the instruction manual and game set up??

yes, check the errata for updates to the setup and rules

• Great, thank you!

What is the email address?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@johnnymarr:

yes, and mail them the battle strip that came with the game

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough.

• '10

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough

if your request was after a certain date, they require the incorrect battle strip as a proof of purchase

• Official Q&A

@eaglex72:

What is the email address?

You can contact Wizards Customer Service either here or using the information on the back of the Rulebook.

• @johnnymarr:

I don’t think this part is necessary, is it? I thought the email was enough

if your request was after a certain date, they require the incorrect battle strip as a proof of purchase

Not necessarily true.  I purchased the game online only AFTER the announcement was made that 6 tac bombers and a corrected strip was available, and even then only after I had the game in hand (another 2 weeks or so after the announcement).  I emailed customer service requesting the pieces and strip, mentioning specifically the announcement and provided my address in that email, and asked for instructions to send in the battlestrip if necessary.  I received no followup email or request, but within a week I had received a package with the bombers and the battlestrip with the form letter everyone else has received about how the game originally was meant to have 9 japanese bombers, here’s the missing 3 plus 3 additional, blah de blah de blah.

Also a bonus, as I’m in Seattle no shipping damage whatsoever as it ships from their warehouse nearby.  So fear not, Seattleites.  USPS doesn’t have nearly the time to spindle, fold and mutilate when you’re a local!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m