Poll: In what turn should Japan attack ?

• What turn is the most optimal for Japan to attack ?

Turn 1. With some luck, Japan may pull through a Blitzkrieg and conquer NSW, wich is a capital, so Japan got 10 IPC plus a 5 IPC NO for a capital, and ANZAC cannot buy or place units for next turn. Also Malaya will be down, so UK will not get any NO’s, and if Japan place a major factory there the next turn, India is soon to fall. Japan buy 3 trannies in T1, and in T2 takes Phillipines, Kwangtung and the East Indies. It will be a fast game, but much gambling. If bad dice or clever Allied play, Japan will fall fast.

Turn 2. Now Japan have time to buy more trannies, and get the forces in better positions for a large scale attack. They will also denie UK and ANZAC any NO bonus. This is the safest turn to launch the attack.

Turn 3. If Japan sit and wait too long, and use time trading with China, UK will get two NO’s in T2 and 37 IPC in income and ANZAC will get 15 IPC in income, while Japan still recive less than 30 IPC. Also the US forces will be in strategically good positions in the South Pacific. Japan might get a hard time pulling a T3 attack off.

T4. Now the Allies will attack Japan.

• In the first game we played Turn 3 seemed to be the best option.  Beating back China on the way to India (or killing them off- they can be a little peave if not exterminated) seemed to do well and gather forces in the the sea zone under Malaya).  Let UK get the bonuses, you will get them back next turn because they must defend India.

India and Australia turtle up against the massive wave of Japanese forces headeing towards them.  Japan buys transports, infantry and ICs later.  Keeping a stalemating naval force to blockade the US force east of Midway line (North-South) seems to work.  Keeping the US out of the war as long as possible is key.  Doing this, with give Japan a chance because then the US really doesn’t get rolling until about round 6 because of wait time and travel of forces.  If you attack early- make it round 4-5 and Japan is in a heap of trouble.

• round 1
    UK will be decimated, with little chance to defend itself
    phillipines fall, and bomber with it
    UK battleship is sunk by few bombers and perhaps fig from formosa
    kwantung is taken by 3 at land starting units, while you try to trade at Yunnan

this plan gives allot more money to japan and damage to allies than US 40 dollars can replace

• In the long run this seems like suicide however.  When do you predict India to be sacked??- rd 2 or 3, then what??  Ignore China and gun for ANZAC??  By round 3-4 US will have over 100 IPCs in material to backhand Japan from ANZAC or at its own doorstep.  Japan’s units will be spread thin and too far (at India) to make a comeback at the homefront or attack ANZAC efficiently.  Doesn’t make sense to me.

• india falls round 7.
    what’s left of the attacking force can hunt china.
    you zillion fighters with ships will hold of US.
    if US has 40 IPC extra, that’s 1 loaded carrier (they lose bonus and phillipines: -7 so 33)
    bomber and fighter cost 22 –> 11 profit
    destroyer and transport who normally escape: - 4 profit
    not included: UK gets no bonus from kwantung, they won’t get east indies: -16
    this severly weakens them
    then you just place IC in kwantung and move your army to india while fending of US and with some destroyers the anzacs. any questions?

• You’d have to be playing an idiot as allies if you take India rd 3.  Lets see, IC on kwang turn 2, 10 mech inf turn 3, turn 4 the move in range of india, so around turn 5 you’d have 10 mech inf plus whatever in range of India.  UK starts with 10 ground units, plus ability to build around 4 to 5 more a turn, your look at turn 7 at best to take India against a decent allied player.  And by turn 3 the US can start trading the indie islands.

• @Frontovik:

india falls round 7.
    if US has 40 IPC extra, that’s 1 loaded carrier (they lose bonus and phillipines: -7 so 33)
    then you just place IC in kwantung and move your army to india while fending of US and with some destroyers the anzacs. any questions?

Why on earth is the US buying loaded carriers which are crap on the offense.  They get 55 IPC a turn, even without phil.  That is 8 destroyers a round, plus a transport or a sub.  Plus another 1-2 from anzac if so inclined, or they can just send a fighter a turn to India.  2 turns, 3 at the most, and that can crack japan’s defenses if japan decides not to build more fleet, and how are they going to build fleet when there spending 30 on turn 2 for a factory and 40 to 60 on mech inf/armor.  Not even mentioning China which can build atleast 4 inf a turn for the first 2 or 3 turns.  Frontovik, are you up for an Abattlemap game?

• @Vareel:

You’d have to be playing an idiot as allies if you take India rd 3.  Lets see, IC on kwang turn 2, 10 mech inf turn 3, turn 4 the move in range of india, so around turn 5 you’d have 10 mech inf plus whatever in range of India.  UK starts with 10 ground units, plus ability to build around 4 to 5 more a turn, your look at turn 7 at best to take India against a decent allied player.  And by turn 3 the US can start trading the indie islands.

UK has no possibility to build 4 or 5, rather 2-3
    india falls rounds 7, is true
    US has no possibility to trade east indies at round 3 if japans IQ is higher than tactical bomber pieces of japan

or tell me how ;)

• @Vareel:

@Frontovik:

india falls round 7.

Why on earth is the US buying loaded carriers which are crap on the offense.  They get 55 IPC a turn, even without phil.  That is 8 destroyers a round, plus a transport or a sub.  Plus another 1-2 from anzac if so inclined, or they can just send a fighter a turn to India.  2 turns, 3 at the most, and that can crack japan’s defenses if japan decides not to build more fleet, and how are they going to build fleet when there spending 30 on turn 2 for a factory and 40 to 60 on mech inf/armor.  Not even mentioning China which can build atleast 4 inf a turn for the first 2 or 3 turns.  Frontovik, are you up for an Abattlemap game?

japan gets 30 air units, how can you stop that with 50 US income at round 3?
    true, in long term it’s lethal, but not before india falls.

• played one game where Japan attacked on T2…got a very interesting setup after that where Japan already had knocked out the Phillipines…but…sometimes the dice just dont go your way though…how about 3 bombers at a 4 or less…3 fighters and 3 or less…and 3 tanks at a 3 or less…

on 9 dice…rolled 5 sixes and 4 fives…talk about FOG of war…

after that attack…Japan lost all tanks and 2 fighters…japan was on the defense in asia after that disaster

• @Frontovik:

@Vareel:

You’d have to be playing an idiot as allies if you take India rd 3.  Lets see, IC on kwang turn 2, 10 mech inf turn 3, turn 4 the move in range of india, so around turn 5 you’d have 10 mech inf plus whatever in range of India.  UK starts with 10 ground units, plus ability to build around 4 to 5 more a turn, your look at turn 7 at best to take India against a decent allied player.  And by turn 3 the US can start trading the indie islands.

US has no possibility to trade east indies at round 3 if japans IQ is higher than tactical bomber pieces of japan

or tell me how ;)

US1 purchase 2 SS, 1 Trans, move fleet to Pearl
    US2 purchase 8 DD, 1 Trans, move Pearl fleet to SZ 54, rally with AN DDs if built.
    US3 move transport and/or fleet to SZ 42 and take Java, or phil, or celebs.  Stack up all starting planes on Queensland.  Continue trading until you can smash japan fleet at sea, or until they run out of transports and you hit critical mass with fleet.

• @Vareel:

@Frontovik:

@Vareel:

or tell me how ;)

US1 purchase 2 SS, 1 Trans, move fleet to Pearl
    US2 purchase 8 DD, 1 Trans, move Pearl fleet to SZ 54, rally with AN DDs if built.
    US3 move transport and/or fleet to SZ 42 and take Java, or phil, or celebs.  Stack up all starting planes on Queensland.  Continue trading until you can smash japan fleet at sea, or until they run out of transports and you hit critical mass with fleet.

and what if i just put entire japanese fleet at carolines, and be able to attack you before you reach east-indies?

• On J2 you are going to move the entire japan fleet to carolines?  That seems like a great idea, then my US bombers based in australia will have fun sinking your transports, not to mention ANZAC will sneak around the bottom to start trading islands, and i’m not even begining to play with ANZAC and UK airforces.  If you wait until turn 3 i’m already past with my starting fleet and have 8 destroyers hanging out in pearl and another 8 in LA.  If you attack me your going to loose your fleet at that point, or atleast a large chunk of it.  The key is the make japan leave the safty of there airbases and then smash them.  And to make it even better, ANZAC can DD block all your surface ships for me with SZ 46 and SZ 49 DDs, then you can only reach with air.  You can try the same trick with me, but I can kill your blockers with airplanes and then NCM where i’m going, or can opener with US for ANZAC.  I’m tellin ya, J1 may work now, but once people learn how to play it will get crushed, just like all armor for germany in aa50-41.

• And again I repeat, there is an Abattlemap module that only has minor setup errors, if your up to showing me the power of J1 attacking, I welcome it.

• When Japan attacks on the first turn, who cares about the UK?  they are going to be earning nothing a turn, you can put a Major Factory down in Hong Kong if you were so inclined, dump loads of infantry down for use as soakers along with the insane airforce you have at your disposal and still have enough cash to start buying DDs to soak against America.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m