Some Ebay guy is selling my free map!!! WTF

• LOL. No but he should not be doing this.

• Well, to be fair, it seems he’s selling the game (for an inflated price) and just throwing in your map to go along with it … he isn’t just selling your artwork.

He should definately be more specific about how this is worded though just so it’s clear that the map is being included for free or something.

• Maps can be expensive to print up, so it does not bother me that it is included

• I don’t recall seeing any Copyrights on your map(s) that you posted.

Seems to me that without that, your postings made them public domain.

I’m no lawyer, just wondering what legal footing (if any) you might have

• It’s just against the spirit of the thing…to take a free map and start selling them. That is not why it was made at all.

I just think its in poor taste, but i guess he is getting out of AA?

• I think it would be wrong if he was selling several copies of your map and just your map, but it seems he is just getting rid of his entire set and as such, has no future use for the map so why not just include it.  But I can see how it would offend ya.

• Customizer

if all he did was print your board, then i think it would be wrong…. but he is selling the board and ALL pieces, which means whoever buys it is going to be able to play AA50… so isn’t this a good thing?  Someone took your artwork and did what you are intending with it, to allow more people to play aa50 (which is discontinued).

• I was watching that auction- the first bid I saw was 120- and then it went up until it sold.
    Not sure if that makes it any better….

Speaking of that map where would you go to have it printed out? Would a kinko’s do it? Would just lamenating the map work or would you (probably) have to give it a cardboard or other backing?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hmm, maybe he’s trying to pig the new1942, and use it with custom AA50 maps, to make saleable copies of Anniversary.

Hot Damn, it would work if you could convince people. might even make $100 a copy depending on your construction costs.

• It is not a question of copyright or ‘legal footing’, rather one of integrity and just doing the right thing, but he is not selling this all the time, but just this one print. I just thought it was kinda funny actually. I think he is a poster here, but not sure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m