• And have the right shape for Taiwan. I understand the difference in size between Japan and, say, Kamsjatka, because of importance (placement of units). But Taiwan isn’t big on the map and has a weird shape. Reminds me of AA50 where Copenhagen is neutral (like it belongs to Sweden).

• @Butcher:

What have the Allies done to counter this, MaherC?

do the j1 opening move and you tell me.

• @dogwood:

It would have been nice if they put honolulu on the right island  :-(

Are you kidding me? Did they get this wrong too?

• I understand what you are talking about but man you must really get lucky dice rolls or something. Either that or the Allies just have no luck at all because in the game I’m playing, the Japs have the edge right now but I have lost quite a bit to get China and India. And the US is coming on strong.

• MaherC, I don’t have a chance to play very often. I was just curious about the Allied counters to your opening. I was only trying to understand where you were coming from saying the game is broken, as I think it is well balanced.

• @maverick_76:

I understand what you are talking about but man you must really get lucky dice rolls or something. Either that or the Allies just have no luck at all because in the game I’m playing, the Japs have the edge right now but I have lost quite a bit to get China and India. And the US is coming on strong.

I saw a similar thing happen in the game I just finished. My opponent (Japan) was crushing the Chinese and British after forcing the Brits to re-enforce China in Brit2. I managed to come back but only because the US was never the target of concentrated force and my opponent let up the pressure on the Brits to tackle the Chinese.

I think everyone has a decent chance at this game, but experience and knowledge have major effects. My opponent never played A&A before this game so they fell for my whack-a-mole tactics with the Chinese. That said, I made a dumb move and lost the US airforce in the Carolines (I have almost 20 years experience). All in all, this makes me feel that there is no forgiveness for mistakes in AAP40.

• All in all, this makes me feel that there is no forgiveness for mistakes in AAP40.

Yep, this was exactly the observation one of my friends made: “It’s very hard to win this game in a single turn, but it sure is easy to lose it in single move”. :)

My guess is that that is mostly due to the immense cost of the forces involved. If you lost a handful of planes and expensive ships in a single battle there is no way you’ll be able to replace them in any reasonable amount of time.

• @Uncle_Joe:

All in all, this makes me feel that there is no forgiveness for mistakes in AAP40.

Yep, this was exactly the observation one of my friends made: “It’s very hard to win this game in a single turn, but it sure is easy to lose it in single move”. :)

My guess is that that is mostly due to the immense cost of the forces involved. If you lost a handful of planes and expensive ships in a single battle there is no way you’ll be able to replace them in any reasonable amount of time.

Add to that the abattoir that is mainland Asia and you have a decidedly bloody game. It’ll really make for interesting play in Global.

• Customizer

My patence with Wizards of the Cast is fast running out…

• @Craig:

@Brain:

@Imperious:

This came in my email this morning:

This email is a comminication with Wizards of the Cast support. You may reply to this message, or follow the link below and provide your Wizards account login credentials.

The suppport insident that has been created will remain open in our systam for the next 500 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update this qustion by email, please reply to this message. Bekause your reply will be automatiically processed, you MUST enter you reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your riply above this line <===]

[===> Please enter your riply below this line <===]

Subject
    Axis and Allies: Euuropee 1940 Battle Strap and Japanese Feices

Discussion Thread
    Responce (Support Agent) 12/28/2009 12:47 PM
    Hi Imperious,

The Axis & Allies: Pasific 1942 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Straps available for replakement at this time, we do expect to reseive them by February. Per our phone conversition, please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strap when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the corrict information is the provided in both the rulebook and the game board itself.

We wery much appreciate your patence and understanding in this matter.

We would apreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Cal Moore, WOTC

Is this e-mail a joke? Cause if it’s not the spelling once again is shameful.

I must agree.  What a spelling mess!

How can anyone with this kind of misspelling be in charge of any kind of Editing?  Wow!!!

This does not bode well for Europe. :x

Of course it is a joke by IL.

• As an aside, when you’re replying to the email request for personal info, are you putting the info between the bits quoted below?

[===> Please enter your riply above this line <===]

[===> Please enter your riply below this line <===]

• Of course it is a joke by IL.

yes and a damm good one at that.

The email that was sent did not contain any typo’s. Cal Moore didn’t write it.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

Of course it is a joke by IL.

yes and a damm good one at that.

The email that was sent did not contain any typo’s. Cal Moore didn’t write it.

The reply sent to me did… Read it carefully. It’s another disaster…

• The reply sent to me did… Read it carefully. It’s another disaster…

well where is this? repost it.

• ok you mean this?

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted and the Japanese Bombers. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rule-book and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

Jamie
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast
    1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
    425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
    Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm PST / 1pm-7pm EST

@Imperious:

ok you mean this?

Hello,

The Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted and the Japanese Bombers. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Strips available for replacement at this time, we do expect to receive them by February. Please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strip when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:

In the mean time, the correct information is the provided in both the rule-book and the game board itself.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
    We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

Jamie
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast

Yep. Also, the bit in red.

Good news guys! We’re getting our bombers! Check this out. WOOHOO! I just got in my email:

Variable,

We have placed an order for a replacement battle strip and will ship the replacement to you when we receive the corrected strips in which should be around February. I am also sending you a few extra Japanese tactical bombers now.

Thank You

Pat
    Online Response Crew
    Wizards of the Coast

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

• What was your email leading up to this? The response I received said they wouldn’t be sending units (unless they were missing or broken).

• Yeah, What do I need to say to get me some bombers as well?

Here’s my email to them:

"Hello again,

I purchased Pacific 1940 a few days ago and understand I need to register here to receive the corrected charts for the game. Is there anyway to also get corrected box tops for the new setup info? And, like everyone else, I will ask for a few extra Japanese Tactical bombers as well.

Thank you for your help."

That’s it. Nothing special. Apparently Pat is the one to talk to and not Jamie.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m