• Neither can I!  I’m sure the chimps will be scratching their heads to come up with an answer for that one.  Most likely they’ll say “you need more pieces? we need more bananas!!!”  :lol:

• post email addy so we can all spam them bitching about lack of pieces.

mention that you are likely not going to buy europe if this is the quality of product you can expect for $90 and maybe we’ll actually SEE something good.

• @miragehunter:

Neither can I!  I’m sure the chimps will be scratching their heads to come up with an answer for that one.  Most likely they’ll say “you need more pieces? we need more bananas!!!”  :lol:

I offer 5 pds of bananas for double the pieces, just PM me if any chimps want to take me up on the offer.

PS: I make no promises as to the condition of the bananas.

• May i suggest an exchange rate of one Yellow Banana for one Tactical bomber or Mechanized infantry?

They should go for that deal.

• @BadSpeller:

@MaherC:

This game is FAR from balanced, it is should not even be considered unbalanced, it is BROKEN.  Don’t agree?  Setup the game.  Now, replace every tac bomber that isn’t on a carrier with a tank.   Then look at the board.   Would you consider this game balanced at the start?  The INSANE amount of air power the Japanese get to start the game is ridiculous.  Attack J1, by J2 you are taking the DEI.   Game over.  Every time.

Oh, how time will time how wrong you are!

This game has not even been out for two weeks, and you think you solved it?

You think you are that smart, to declare AAP40 broken already.

Some made claims about AA50 Axis, but others started trying differnet things in the Pacific(AA50) to slow down Japan.  Give the game 6 months (or a year, but we all know that Global Game imbalance claims will start and people will not play AAP40 as much) to see what solutions people come up with for the Allies.

Give the puzzle a chance man, give it a chance.

What has replacing planes with tanks to do with inbalance?
    Sure, Japan has a lot of planes, but that is (and always has been in all the versions I have been playing) the problem for Japan: the lack of land units.

No wonder it gets inbalanced the moment you give Japan a #$%^load of tanks, they can just steamroll china with them.

• @MaherC:

@Admiral:

I think it’s shaping up to be one of the best A&A’s that has been produced thus far in terms of complexity, detail, balance and over all fun. It is a truly amazing game

This game is FAR from balanced, it is should not even be considered unbalanced, it is BROKEN.  Don’t agree?  Setup the game.  Now, replace every tac bomber that isn’t on a carrier with a tank.   Then look at the board.   Would you consider this game balanced at the start?  The INSANE amount of air power the Japanese get to start the game is ridiculous.  Attack J1, by J2 you are taking the DEI.   Game over.  Every time.   This game was designed for 12 yr olds who like to buy copious amounts of units and take it slow for some huge battle involving 32 CV’s.  Wait, they didn’t give you enough for that, use chips OR MY FAVORITE FROM THE RULEBOOK, PIECES OF PAPER!  Really.  You are telling me to write on pieces of paper.   I could have done that on my own and gone to KINKOS to print off a scan of the map, DL’d the rulebook, and saved $70.   THANKS WOTC!   You boned me yet again.

yes, but after India falls and entire continent is japanese, they are still being outproduced by anzacs and US ;)
    so in long term, figs don’t matter so much

• @skinny1:

I just sent WotC another email explaining that I would like enough pieces to set up the game with the option of being able to purchase any piece in the first couple of rounds and for the price that I paid for this game I do not believe that it is an unreasonable request. I also told them that I understand using the cardboard pieces and choosing a battle strip instead of the battle board, and not providing IPCs to cut down on costs but there should be enough pieces provided. Can’t wait for their response.

Here is the response that I received:

How many tactical bombers did you receive? When we played the game ourselves, there seemed to be enough to play with. You do have to use the gray chips whenever you have more than one on a territory, but that’s the way Axis and Allies has always been, there’s no change in that respect.

Here is my response:

I received 6 tactical bombers for Japan. The problem is that I can’t split the tac bombers in Japan or Manchuria because there are no additional tac bombers to use. I can’t move the 2 in Manchuria to separate locations because 1 tac bomber with a chip under it. Same for the 4 in Japan. There should be more tac bombers included for these types of scenarios. A few more tactical bombers for Japan would be great.

Also, since the rules errata was released, will there be updated rule books going out and new set up boxes for the United States and ANZAC?

Thanks,

I really can’t wait for the next response. Everyone should flood their customer service inbox with these requests. There is strength in numbers. Here is the email address:

wizardscusthelp@wizards.com

• i too have sent them an email regarding these problems.  i guess we wait and see.

• @katfishkris:

i too have sent them an email regarding these problems.  i guess we wait and see.

Waiting is not my strongest virtue unless I am waiting for my turn in an AaA game. Hopefully everyone that bought this game will send emails to the customer service department at WotC and they will listen. If they do not listen I wonder if sales for AAE40 will be hurt because of AAP40?

• i fish alot.  and i have a wife and kids.  i have gotten pretty good at waiting.  :-D

• Official Q&A

@skinny1:

Also, since the rules errata was released, will there be updated rule books going out and new set up boxes for the United States and ANZAC?

I must point out that the errata have not officially been released yet.  As a result, Customer Service may not even be aware of them at this point.  Please have patience, as these issues are under consideration.  That’s all I can say at this point.

• @skinny1:

@skinny1:

I just sent WotC another email explaining that I would like enough pieces to set up the game with the option of being able to purchase any piece in the first couple of rounds and for the price that I paid for this game I do not believe that it is an unreasonable request. I also told them that I understand using the cardboard pieces and choosing a battle strip instead of the battle board, and not providing IPCs to cut down on costs but there should be enough pieces provided. Can’t wait for their response.

Here is the response that I received:

How many tactical bombers did you receive? When we played the game ourselves, there seemed to be enough to play with. You do have to use the gray chips whenever you have more than one on a territory, but that’s the way Axis and Allies has always been, there’s no change in that respect.

Here is my response:

I received 6 tactical bombers for Japan. The problem is that I can’t split the tac bombers in Japan or Manchuria because there are no additional tac bombers to use. I can’t move the 2 in Manchuria to separate locations because 1 tac bomber with a chip under it. Same for the 4 in Japan. There should be more tac bombers included for these types of scenarios. A few more tactical bombers for Japan would be great.

Thanks,

I really can’t wait for the next response. Everyone should flood their customer service inbox with these requests. There is strength in numbers. Here is the email address:

wizardscusthelp@wizards.com

Here is the last response from WotC:

Unfortunately, that’s how many the game was produced with. I will pass your feedback along regarding this.

Thanks,
    @Krieghund:

@skinny1:

I must point out that the errata have not officially been released yet.  As a result, Customer Service may not even be aware of them at this point.  Please have patience, as these issues are under consideration.  That’s all I can say at this point.

Thanks Krieghund. I am hoping that all goes well with all the frustration by this game. Question for you: Were you a playtester for this game? If so, how did you handle the tac bomber issue in Japan and Manchuria and there not being anymore tac bombers to split them apart from the chips?

Thanks.

• This came in my email this morning:

This email is a comminication with Wizards of the Cast support. You may reply to this message, or follow the link below and provide your Wizards account login credentials.

The suppport insident that has been created will remain open in our systam for the next 500 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update this qustion by email, please reply to this message. Bekause your reply will be automatiically processed, you MUST enter you reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your riply above this line <===]

[===> Please enter your riply below this line <===]

Subject
    Axis and Allies: Euuropee 1940 Battle Strap and Japanese Feices

Discussion Thread
    Responce (Support Agent) 12/28/2009 12:47 PM
    Hi Imperious,

The Axis & Allies: Pasific 1942 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Straps available for replakement at this time, we do expect to reseive them by February. Per our phone conversition, please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strap when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the corrict information is the provided in both the rulebook and the game board itself.

We wery much appreciate your patence and understanding in this matter.

We would apreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Cal Moore, WOTC

• Official Q&A

@skinny1:

Were you a playtester for this game? If so, how did you handle the tac bomber issue in Japan and Manchuria and there not being anymore tac bombers to split them apart from the chips?

My playtest group never had more than six separate stacks of tactical bombers at any given time in our games.  That’s all I can really say on the matter.

• @MaherC:

Yeah i’m too stupid.  I’ve only played AA for 17 years.   WTF.  I’m a rookie.   This game is trash.

I don’t think anyone is saying that. What we are saying is you can’t say a game is broken until you exhaust every option. I see that it is really easy to take China, India and the Phillippines, but I don’t see how you could do that and also get to Australia without the US having an overwhelming force. Please tell us how exactly you can win with Japan, every time automatically? I really want to see how you can do this.

• ok.  first turn attack with japan correctly and you are making 42.  On turn 1.  Sure, US goes to 55, but you aren’t spending that until T2, those units can make pearl on T3, Carolines on T4, but that fleet is still roughly the size of what the Japs start with.  And they have been buying for 4 turns as well.    UK is down to 8 with no transports.  Japan starts with a lot more units, hard to overcome that with an IPC edge of 31, a gap which is closed even more T2 when japanese take Malaya and Java, and start hammering india.

• What have the Allies done to counter this, MaherC?

• @Imperious:

This came in my email this morning:

This email is a comminication with Wizards of the Cast support. You may reply to this message, or follow the link below and provide your Wizards account login credentials.

The suppport insident that has been created will remain open in our systam for the next 500 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update this qustion by email, please reply to this message. Bekause your reply will be automatiically processed, you MUST enter you reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your riply above this line <===]

[===> Please enter your riply below this line <===]

Subject
    Axis and Allies: Euuropee 1940 Battle Strap and Japanese Feices

Discussion Thread
    Responce (Support Agent) 12/28/2009 12:47 PM
    Hi Imperious,

The Axis & Allies: Pasific 1942 game has a known issue where the Battle Strip is misprinted. Some of numbers are wrong or missing. While we don’t have any correct Battle Straps available for replakement at this time, we do expect to reseive them by February. Per our phone conversition, please reply with the following information so we can make sure to send you a correct Battle Strap when we get them in:

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number (with area code):

In the mean time, the corrict information is the provided in both the rulebook and the game board itself.

We wery much appreciate your patence and understanding in this matter.

We would apreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Cal Moore, WOTC

Is this e-mail a joke? Cause if it’s not the spelling once again is shameful.

• perhaps they are sending it from another country, in another language, by another species

• It would have been nice if they put honolulu on the right island  :-(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m