• Methinx the optimal Japanese purchasing strategy will be like this:

T1 -  2 trannies and 2 subs ($26)
    T2 - 2 trannies and 2 destroyers ($ 30, you just took FIC and two chinese in T1 remember)
    T3 - Major factory in Kwangtung, who has a port, and you grabbed it in T2, killing two brits.

so what you thinx ?

• My friend used a version of this strategy in our first game, buying a minor IC and pumping out tanks to help take Calcutta. It certainly seemed to help him achieve his objective; India folded like a lawn chair!

Don’t know if a major IC is warranted straight away though… Maybe if the Allies are really giving Japan hell on the mainland… If not, minor IC seems to work fine.

But yeah, this territory seems crucial for an IC, as Kwangtung has a VC on it, and also as a UK territory it isn’t subject to that insane rule that ICs captured by the Allies on former Chinese territories are immediately destroyed. (As if the Chinese are rampant Luddites or something!)  :-P

• I’m wondering if a Malaya factory wouldn’t be a better build instead, as it is closer to India and Australia. The factory could probably go down on J3 or J4, as you should attack Malaya when Japan declares war or after Britain and ANZAC declare war on Japan. Malaya also has a naval base, if I remember correctly.

• @Butcher:

I’m wondering if a Malaya factory wouldn’t be a better build instead, as it is closer to India and Australia.

Japan got only 2 viable options. Since a Major IC need a 3 IPC territory, we only got Kwangtung and Malaya. Both start with a Naval Base.

• Malaya cover all of East Indies, and can reach Yunnan, India and Australia.

• Kwangtung cover a very large area. South China and Yunnan, FIC/Siam  and Pillipines are covered by its perimeter. New units can fast reach Japan, Caroline, New Guinea area,  Northern Australia and East Indies. Basically units just purchased in Kwangtung can threaten Allied units in the above mentioned areas, and support their own units.

Going to India: A tank from Kwa goes to Yunnan in one move, then to India in the second move.
    A tank from Malaya goes to Burma in one move, then to India in the second move. Both places take two turns to India.

• Malaya is closer by water, though, so you can get ground units to India in 1 turn. With 6 IPC tanks, it will be a little harder to pull a tank dash, so getting infantry and artillery to the front seems more valuable.

• @Make_It_Round:

and also as a UK territory it isn’t subject to that insane rule that ICs captured by the Allies on former Chinese territories are immediately destroyed. (As if the Chinese are rampant Luddites or something!)  :-P

Yep, jedi chinese lightsabres that destroy ICs using the force is the compensation for that nasty ACME wall, no ICs and limited production. I’d delete all of those stinky rules, give China a IC at Szchewan and make it a normal power instead creating all this mess. As much I’d let limited production but only until China recovers Nanking and if China is made unblitzable by tanks

But until Larry deletes the ACME wall, I’ll enjoy chinese jedi lightsabres  :wink:

• I guess Manchuria will be also an option in global game if non-agression pact is not the game

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m