• @General:

First of all, thanks for the FAQ Krieg.

But could you include some justifications for these changes.  It would be nice to see the reasoning behind these changes.  Especially the NZ change.

@Krieghund:

They were just good old-fashioned mistakes.

• This screams for revenge!!
    neh, kidding. (or am I?)

but what if somebody buys the board without knowing about the forum
    whithout the forum pacific 1940 is unplayable
    set-up incorrect, rules not explained etc

• Every game I played so far (4) we always wondered why Phil didn’t have an AB of NB. Glad that it has changed. Somewhat surprised by the change in ANZAC IC. But the only time in those four games I’ve played that the NZ IC was important was when Japan captured it and made life very hard for Australia (Jap subs every turn). And as ANZAC you start with 10 and maybe get to 15 (and one time to 20). You want to buy a ship or plane every now and then, so I hardly ever see more then 3 units produced there. But still I wish there was a little more capacity for Aus. Maybe 10 is too much, but at least 4 or 5.

I am glad Krieghund made this FAQ so fast! Also the mech inf supported by art rule is quite a difference. I tend to build one every turn as Japan or Britain.

• It is comforting knowing that I have a bunch of cardboard and paper with incorrect information printed on them.

• @Brain:

It is comforting knowing that I have a bunch of cardboard and paper with incorrect information printed on them.

Clearly one good reason for WOTC to ditch the counters and stick with plastic playing pieces: You don’t have to spell check sculpts.

• I cannot believe a game has THIS many mistakes out of the box.
    I feel like a fool for buying it…

I guess we need to wait to a 2nd printing for these types of products going forward.

• Only 3 spots for ANZAC?  :? And ACME wall is still there? WTF?

Dudes, you test and check your later games as bad as Paradox: no test and no check :-P

Only 3 spots for Australia is horrible, and the only way of improving is building a minor IC at Queensland! (stupid no island ICs rule  :-P) Well, at least finally we get some power that pops less units than China  :-D

Mmmm… maybe this game a Australia crush strat is more easy than in old AAP? The difference is abisal …

I guess this game will have many house rules soon: for neutrals, delete ACME walls, playing with original ANZAC ICs … or they where ACME ICs and that’s the reason they are now deleted?  :lol:

• I ordered my new Battlestrip already and contacted WOTC with my concerns- just the battlestrip and the IPC chart.  Then I just read the FAQ/Errata- WOW are there a lot of mistakes.

After Europe 40- I’m done buying AAproducts.  I’m not confident they will make good products anymore.  The quality is degressing fast with each new product they come out with.  I hope their “Magic Cards” goes down in flames.  FieldMarshallGames should just take over the AAline.

IF they reprint the AA50, I highly doubt it will be of any highly quality as the first print.  With the new mistake infested AA40 games though I doubt the chimps will see the need to even make the reprint. :x

• @questioneer:

FieldMarshallGames should just take over the AAline.

FMG for the win!

FMG should just make its own WW2 dice/area movement game. It is already producing the minatures and dice for it, they just need to deliver the decisive killing blow of producing their own WW2 game.

Although I do aperciate the new map, convoy rules, the token few new peices that were included, and beleive this is the best A&A in terms of hisotrical feel…
    I agree,  if AAE40 has mistakes in the setup or too few stukas/shturmovik or mech inf I am not buying another WOTC A&A game.

Vive La FMG Revolution!

• @Emperor_Taiki:

I agree,  if AAE40 has mistakes in the setup or too few stukas/shturmovik or mech inf I am not buying another WOTC A&A game.

Vive La FMG Revolution!

Yeah, and I’m holding off on both until I see a couple playtests of the global game.  Hopefully a second printing of Pacific will have happened with corrected rules and printed materials (somehow I doubt we’ll ever see more plastic).

• I’m not sure why people are so upset about the ANZAC downsizing in terms of ICs.  With the error ANZAC had more production capacity than the USA, Japan, and UK, which of course is not right, so I don’t mind the change at all, which is much more realistic.  Don’t get me wrong, I think these mistakes are big, and I don’t see how they could mess up the setup cards, but I think the change itself is very appropriate.

• @panzerjager:

I’m not sure why people are so upset about the ANZAC downsizing in terms of ICs.  With the error ANZAC had more production capacity than the USA, Japan, and UK, which of course is not right, so I don’t mind the change at all, which is much more realistic.  Don’t get me wrong, I think these mistakes are big, and I don’t see how they could mess up the setup cards, but I think the change itself is very appropriate.

Well, in any normal game, Anzac would never actually use all 13 production, unless the game was probably already over (japan was steadily being crushed).

It doesn’t really make sense that Australia now can only produce 3.  It should be a major factory.  However, according to the letter of the rules, errata & technicalities, I believe you are in fact permitted to build a new factory in Queensland.  Australia is a continent and any reference to it as an island is a mistake.

• In the first couple of turn ANZAC can’t really build more then 3 units. The thing for me is that it is a pity that you can’t upgrade it to a major IC.

• Australia Factory Reduced to Minor
    New Zealand Factory stays

Phillipines gets Airbase but no port

The current FAQ changes SO much its revolting. I appeal to Kreighoud’s reasoning

• @oztea:

Australia Factory Reduced to Minor

The current FAQ changes SO much its revolting. I appeal to Kreighoud’s reasoning

Are you being sarcastic, or has the Errata/FAQ been changed?

• I wonder how Larry feels about his game getting so screwed up by WOTC.

• @panzerjager:

@oztea:

I think he was pointing out what he’d have rather seen if there were to be any setup changes, as the current changes completely alter how the philippines and Anzac play.

• @kcdzim:

@panzerjager:

@oztea:

I think he was pointing out what he’d have rather seen if there were to be any setup changes, as the current changes completely alter how the philippines and Anzac play.

Correct, what I stated Is my “wish-list” of changes.
    If changes MUST be made, then these are the moderate version

In my change: New Zealand KEEPS its ability to produce, ANZAC KEEPS 6 Production points…lower than 13, but better than 3

Phillipines GETS a facility, but importantly not a port…because a free port in “prime positon” would change this game entirely, I mean, entirely. The turn immidatly after the japanese take the phillipines they could use the port there, to contact EVERY territory of consederable value in the game 3 australian territories, All of the New Guniea bonus territories, all of the East indies territores, burma, malaya, shan state, wake, AND the territories you can get to without a port from the phillipines sea zone. AND this gives Japan a staging base port that can return ships to Japan much quicker. A port in phillipines gives japan so much more of a threat position that it forces the allies to turtle. They can hit anything they want from there except factories. From that location they can launch a Australia crush, or India crush. Without a port there, it slows japan in getting to these areas, so the allies can better counter japans moves.

• Official Q&A

Let’s be clear.  These are not setup changes.  They’re setup corrections.

• Im a little disapointed I bought a game that needs “corrections”
    Ill kick, ill beg, and ill get 50 points of negitive karma to voice my opinion that these corrections come down from the heavens differently

However. When they do, I will abide by them. Because thats why there are rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m