• Hi everyone. I’m a complete newbie to Axis and Allies. I just bought the 1942 edition a couple days ago since it seemed to be a good introductory step into A&A. I have some questions however.

I’m a little confused about aircraft carriers and transports:

Can I have an empty aircraft carrier move one space to pick up a fighter, then move another space and pick up a second fighter? Could a fighter take off from a carrier (to fly to a city), then have the carrier move a space or two and pick up another fighter? Are these legal moves?

And since the book doesn’t seem to be entirely clear, can I load troops onto a transport in the noncombat phase, and then also unload them in the same turn?

Thanks for any help. This is a great forum.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Kukash!

@Kukash:

Can I have an empty aircraft carrier move one space to pick up a fighter, then move another space and pick up a second fighter?

No.  Fighters may only land on a carrier in the sea zone in which the carrier ends its move.

@Kukash:

Could a fighter take off from a carrier (to fly to a city), then have the carrier move a space or two and pick up another fighter?

Yes.  Bear in mind that the departing fighter must take off before the carrier moves, and the arriving one must land after the carrier moves.

@Kukash:

And since the book doesn’t seem to be entirely clear, can I load troops onto a transport in the noncombat phase, and then also unload them in the same turn?

Yes, as long as you’re unloading them into a friendly territory.

• Wow, thanks for the fast response Krieghund. If I think of any more questions, I suppose I can continue to use this thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m