• In this map, Shan State is adjacent to Malaya, and to sz 38 and sz 37.

In all the other maps Siam is adjacent to Malaya. This is propebly made for playability, even if it will hurt the school pupils geogaphical skills. Razor ask why could not Siam have its real borders ?

• @Razor:

Razor ask why could not Siam have its real borders ?

Most likly it is because attacking along the eastern side of the isthmus from siam to malay would have been very difficult if not impossible.

although techniocaly they do border, it would be hard to move an army across their. The japanese relized this and their atack on malay was mainly amphibous. I think it is done for both historical and gameplay reasons.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Emperor_Taiki:

@Razor:

Razor ask why could not Siam have its real borders ?

Most likly it is because attacking along the eastern side of the isthmus from siam to malay would have been very difficult if not impossible.

although techniocaly they do border, it would be hard to move an army across their. The japanese relized this and their atack on malay was mainly amphibous. I think it is done for both historical and gameplay reasons.

You bring up a good point Taiki. I initially thought it wa just so that the UK territories were not divided, but it is interesting to note that most of Japan’s attack on the Malay peninsula was done sort of leapfrogging the extremely dense bush by transport. So it would in fact be more historically accurate to have Japan require transports to get directly to Malay from Siam.

• @Canuck12:

So it would in fact be more historically accurate to have Japan require transports to get directly to Malay from Siam.

Yes, this way singapore is more of the fortress it hisotrically was because the UK will have an easier time of  reinforcing malay and it is harder for Japan to get at.

Larry Harris has often said that the borders and names of the territroies in A&A are as much or more so a reflection geography as they are a reflection of politics.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m