FRANCE and ANZAC COMBAT DICE - HELP us design them!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Please PM me with your order number.  I can adjust.

Hi

I sent you a mail, I paid by PayPal, where can I find order number. I would be very happy if this could be changed.
    Thanks !

• are you gong to allw hbg to sell indavidual diece like he does the units?

• '10

@cminke:

are you gong to allw hbg to sell indavidual diece like he does the units?

Yes, Coach and I are discussing this now.

• Customizer

Sweet elite German dice.  :-D

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

are you gong to allw hbg to sell indavidual diece like he does the units?

Yes, Coach and I are discussing this now.

Ironic, don’t you think…two companies that make pieces for a game called Axis&Allies, based on a world war partially caused by strategic alliances, allying together…haha.  Nice cooperation you guys…all kidding aside. :-D

• It seems that right now I can’t order the full ELITE dice set, when will this be available again?

Also, is there still a way to order a full red-coloured replacement set for the USSR (AAE40 - it’s almost impossible to tell USSR and Italy apart under artificial light)?

• The only pieces that have ever been red have been the Japanese in Pacific 2001. You’d have to find those pieces and designate them “Russian” unless Coach and Jeremy are going to make the Russian pieces match the Field Marshall Russian Dice which do look nice and red.

• Customizer

@LeeCHeSSS:

Also, is there still a way to order a full red-coloured replacement set for the USSR (AAE40 - it’s almost impossible to tell USSR and Italy apart under artificial light)?

If you go to Historical Board Gaming and check under Axis & Allies Pieces, Europe 1999, click on “Soviet Union, Maroon”.  Some issues of the Europe game had Soviet pieces in a dark red color, what I call burgandy and is very close to the color of FMG’s Soviet Combat Dice.  You will find this color of Soviet Pieces there.  You can buy them individually.  If you are wanting to get a large amount of them, you could contact Coach and perhaps he could work out some sort of deal with you.  Just remember that these pieces are out of print now so they are hard to come by.
    Also, there will be some differences between these pieces and the current sets.  Since Europe came out in 1999, this was before WOTC added Cruisers, Tac Bombers and Mechanized Infantry to the games so there will not be any of those pieces available in the burgandy color.  Also, the destroyer and battleship will be the older versions which are basically copies of British units (Johnston class Destroyer, Royal Oak class Battleship).
    Another note:  I believe when FMG makes it’s Soviet Union set, they intend on using the burgandy color to match their Combat Dice.  The Soviet Union set from FMG will be done later next year (2012) if you simply want to wait for them.

• Since Fmg is doing the elite black german dice I wonder if there will be other second colours coming for other countries . Olive die for USA, Mustard yellow for Japan with mustard pieces, Italy white or light green. Just a thought.

• Customizer

@GoSanchez6:

Since Fmg is doing the elite black german dice I wonder if there will be other second colours coming for other countries . Olive die for USA, Mustard yellow for Japan with mustard pieces, Italy white or light green. Just a thought.

Why do you want white for Italy?  White is neutral color.  Now, I have seen some people use a light green for Italy, namely that guy who has a thread on repairing the “B” turret on the FMG Italian Battleship.
    I really doubt we will see a mustard color for Japan (although I really like the idea).  The OOB pieces and FMG combat dice are that burnt orange color so I would imagine the FMG Japan sets will be too.
    FMG is making their USA sets in the dark green color like their USA combat dice.  There was some talk a while back that FMG might offer the USA combat units in Olive as well to match OOB.  Don’t know if they will bother with making Olive combat dice for USA or not.  Would be pretty cool looking, and one more thing for me to buy (like I don’t have enough already).

• '12

@knp7765:

@GoSanchez6:

Since Fmg is doing the elite black german dice I wonder if there will be other second colours coming for other countries . Olive die for USA, Mustard yellow for Japan with mustard pieces, Italy white or light green. Just a thought.

Why do you want white for Italy?  White is neutral color.  Now, I have seen some people use a light green for Italy, namely that guy who has a thread on repairing the “B” turret on the FMG Italian Battleship.
    I really doubt we will see a mustard color for Japan (although I really like the idea).  The OOB pieces and FMG combat dice are that burnt orange color so I would imagine the FMG Japan sets will be too.
    FMG is making their USA sets in the dark green color like their USA combat dice.  There was some talk a while back that FMG might offer the USA combat units in Olive as well to match OOB.  Don’t know if they will bother with making Olive combat dice for USA or not.  Would be pretty cool looking, and one more thing for me to buy (like I don’t have enough already).

I would LOVE the following supplemental dice from FMG:

• Olive Green US combat dice instead of dark green (to match OOB olive)

• Italy dice with the correct Italian roundel as opposed to the Iranian one from OOB

• UK dice with the SEAC blue/blue roundel for India

• Red dice with communist Chinese roundel from HBG

As it is, I’m buying dark green US pieces to match the FMG dark green (OK I suppose, but just prefer olive - that’s all).  There are none of the other dice yet, and these would all be sweet (ESPECIALLY the SEAC/India dice)!

STOKED about Canada, ANZAC, & France as it is!

• Customizer

Hey DFWSupertrooper,
    I could agree with you on all but one – the Italian combat dice.  I don’t want them to use the “correct” roundel.  I like the green outer edge with the red dot in the center.  Yeah, I know people have pointed out that it is actually the roundel for Iran, but really, Iran wasn’t one of the big powers of WW2.  In fact, it wasn’t even Iran back then, it was still Persia.  Except for them being forced to accept Soviet troops occupying their soil to prevent any Axis incursion and the Lend Lease supplies passing through to Russia, Iran/Persia really wasn’t a part of the war.
    Also, I personally just like that roundel better.  I think it looks better.  The “correct” Italian roundel looks weird to me.  A&A Miniatures used it in one of their naval sets on the stat cards and it was odd looking.  With the next set and every one since, they went back to the OOB Italian roundel.  I’m guessing more people wanted that one.
    One other thing to consider, if you use the roundel with the red outer edge and green dot in the center, it will look awfully close to the French roundel, red outer edge with blue dot in the middle.  Granted, I don’t think anyone would confuse a French territory for an Italian territory or visa versa, but I also don’t think anyone will confuse Italian territories for Iranian territories.
    Of course, maybe you aren’t worried as much about historical accuracy as it is more a personal preference thing for you.  In that case, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.  Hopefully, for both our sakes, if FMG ever decides to go with the “correct” Italian roundel on future Italian combat dice orders, perhaps they will simply keep both versions for whomever wants them.  I know that HBG offers his Invasion Italy maps with all three roundel choices;  OOB, correct, facist.

• '12

@knp7765:

Hey DFWSupertrooper,
    I could agree with you on all but one – the Italian combat dice.  I don’t want them to use the “correct” roundel.  I like the green outer edge with the red dot in the center.  Yeah, I know people have pointed out that it is actually the roundel for Iran, but really, Iran wasn’t one of the big powers of WW2.  In fact, it wasn’t even Iran back then, it was still Persia.  Except for them being forced to accept Soviet troops occupying their soil to prevent any Axis incursion and the Lend Lease supplies passing through to Russia, Iran/Persia really wasn’t a part of the war.
    Also, I personally just like that roundel better.  I think it looks better.  The “correct” Italian roundel looks weird to me.  A&A Miniatures used it in one of their naval sets on the stat cards and it was odd looking.  With the next set and every one since, they went back to the OOB Italian roundel.  I’m guessing more people wanted that one.
    One other thing to consider, if you use the roundel with the red outer edge and green dot in the center, it will look awfully close to the French roundel, red outer edge with blue dot in the middle.  Granted, I don’t think anyone would confuse a French territory for an Italian territory or visa versa, but I also don’t think anyone will confuse Italian territories for Iranian territories.
    Of course, maybe you aren’t worried as much about historical accuracy as it is more a personal preference thing for you.  In that case, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.  Hopefully, for both our sakes, if FMG ever decides to go with the “correct” Italian roundel on future Italian combat dice orders, perhaps they will simply keep both versions for whomever wants them.  I know that HBG offers his Invasion Italy maps with all three roundel choices;  OOB, correct, facist.

No you’re absolutely right…I LIKE the wrong one better.  Im fine with it on the normal game but if I did a 1939 version with minor powers including the Pro ally neutrals, Iran comes into play (and I think actually by 1940 they were Iran).  At any rate I completely agree FMG should offer both kinds.

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

@moralecheck:

Will the “upgrade kit” include the new pouch?

Yes

Got my upgrade kit.  No pouch.  :cry:

• Hi

Is there anyone outside Canada/US who have received their Combat Dice Elite?
    I ordered mine months ago I paid for them, I got nothing.
    I know severl other European customers also got this problem, it seems there must be a BIG PROBLEM with the Canadian Post/Mail system? Pack’s just Get Lost/Stolen!

Every single order I ordered from FMG with Air Mail International Service I have NOT GOT!

The ONLY order I got is the one I ordered with UPS, that one I could track, but it is very expensive.

Anyone?

• '12

I can tell you I do a lot of shipping to Europe by mail (I’m in Canada).  I have never lost an order and it is very quick, unless sent by surface.  Even surface is usually about 6 weeks to Europe, and there is almost no savings in shipping a few dice by surface.  Typical airmail to Europe is 1-3 weeks, usually in the 1.5 range.

• @moralecheck:

I can tell you I do a lot of shipping to Europe by mail (I’m in Canada).  I have never lost an order and it is very quick, unless sent by surface.  Even surface is usually about 6 weeks to Europe, and there is almost no savings in shipping a few dice by surface.  Typical airmail to Europe is 1-3 weeks, usually in the 1.5 range.

Hi

Then this is more strange, as I said, not a single order I ordered from FMG with Air Mail International I got, just lost In the Mail? Every single order I ordered from HBG I got just In a few days I got with no problem at all. This is very sad, I really like those Dice and I really Wanted to get them, but shipping them with UPS is just to much I think, AMI is under 10$, UPS 40-50$. I also bought a lot Of films, cd’s from ebay and Amazon from all over US and I got it everytime, thats why I think this problem must be In Canada??
    I could of course be wrong, but is just strange that my orderers from FMG In Canada just disappear In the Mail system?

• '12

Maybe the sender forgot the customs forms.  Are you in Italy? Italy has some really odd rules for toys and games (they must be made of wood), but they don’t really enforce them anymore.  Like I said, I ship to Europe regularly with no issues or delays.  The only stories of long delays that I have heard are from Italy, but even then it is rare.  And even if you are in Italy, I really doubt it would happen to all your orders (but I do know of a few online sellers that won’t ship there now, because of non-delivery issues).  I think something else is the issue here.  When you do get your order, I’d be very interested to know the ship date as marked on the package.  I hope it works out for you.

• @moralecheck:

Maybe the sender forgot the customs forms.  Are you in Italy? Italy has some really odd rules for toys and games (they must be made of wood), but they don’t really enforce them anymore.  Like I said, I ship to Europe regularly with no issues or delays.  The only stories of long delays that I have heard are from Italy, but even then it is rare.  And even if you are in Italy, I really doubt it would happen to all your orders (but I do know of a few online sellers that won’t ship there now, because of non-delivery issues).  I think something else is the issue here.  When you do get your order, I’d be very interested to know the ship date as marked on the package.  I hope it works out for you.

Hi

No, there is no odd rulles here, I’ m based in Scandinavia.
    Hopefully maybe HBG could sell them FMG dice, since they do sell the FMG pieces.
    Maybe I’ll just have to set up a new order with the dices, but I want not do that before the German Units are ready to ship, then I’ll will order both the Units and a new set of dices and Get them shipped with UPS.

• Customizer

@supermestizo:

Maybe I’ll just have to set up a new order with the dices, but I want not do that before the German Units are ready to ship, then I’ll will order both the Units and a new set of dices and Get them shipped with UPS.

It’s anybody’s guess as to how long that will take. I am also waiting on the German Combat units. That miserable Chinese factory fell through on the May 19 completion date and FMG has been very quiet on the subject. I’m sure he gets fed up with all the “Where are my units?” questions, but some kind of update would be nice, especially for those of us that have already paid.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m