• '19

Can Dutch New Guinea be invaded by Anzac or UK without starting a war.  It says dutch east indies but then dutch new guinea seems to fall in no mans land.

• From what I understand from the rules, Uk and ANZAC can take control of any Dutch territory’s without declaring war

• '19

Yeah, the thing is the rules say UK and anzac can attack dutch indies and FIC without provoking war.  FIC doesnt really matter as most likely its under Japan’s control after J1 so UK cant attack without starting war with Japan.  The only definition of what the dutch east indies are is from the NO where it says that the UK/Japan gets 5 for controlling the dutch east indies (Java, Born, Sum, Celebes).  From that it sounds like Dutch New guinea is not included in Dutch East indies (which makes sense) but that means that UK/anzac cant attack Dutch New guinea without starting a war.

Feels like they should be able to though as I dont see why they could attack the other dutch territories but not that one.  I think the rules are a unclear on this and we probably need the faq to clear this up but I dont think there is any question that as of right now the rules say war would start if UK/Anzac attack Dutch New Guinea.

• Official Q&A

The reference to the Dutch East Indies in Japan’s NOs is a mistake.  The Dutch East Indies are all of the territories with Dutch roundels on them.

• cough, you scared me again Krieg… :-o

So for the NO Japan / UK needs to control all Dutch countries on the map including the Dutch New Guinea? They just forgot to mention that territory in the rulebook?

Hope you can release the FAQ clarification quickly m8, we need it. And for AAE40, can YOU please re-read the rulebook? :wink:

• Customizer

This is all consequent of the publishers refusing to let the likes of us take part in preparation except a select few who had to sign the official secrets act.

I recently worked on the new Richard III game in a purely advisory capacity, and we were finding bugs in the rules right up to a few days before publication. (Many of them caused by my own insistence on correct heraldry for the blocks…)

But in the end, by this process, the rulebook was published without errors.

• Official Q&A

@Driel310:

cough, you scared me again Krieg… :-o

So for the NO Japan / UK needs to control all Dutch countries on the map including the Dutch New Guinea? They just forgot to mention that territory in the rulebook?

No, they need to control the listed territories (Java, Sumatra, Borneo and Celebes).  It was the reference to these territories collectively as the “Dutch East Indies” that was the error.

@Driel310:

Hope you can release the FAQ clarification quickly m8, we need it. And for AAE40, can YOU please re-read the rulebook? :wink:

There probably won’t be an official FAQ until mid-January.  However, I’ll be posting an unofficial one here within a few days, and updating it as more issues come to light.

• Thanks Krieg for all the clarifications you give here.

The unofficial one will be just as good as far as we are concerned. It’s getting a bit hard to keep track off all the rules/clarifications not included in the rulebook, so one good overview is very helpful. :wink:

• '19

oh yeah, how did you figure that one out?

• personally, i’m fan of returning them back to dutch
    in real US just put soms subs over there, but didn’t liberated them, cause they were worthless to them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m