Advantages Incurred from the 1940 Start Date

• I think it would be pretty cool if the US enters the war automatically on turn 3 like in pacific, or when lend lease convoys are disrupted (which should grant like nearly 10 IPCs a turn to russia and/or UK).  And in the global game, US enters the war when either axis does something wrong, would be cool for Japan to screw Germany on that one in the board game  :evil:

And I don’t think Russia should be stronger than Germany, but closer to the aa42 power level differance (esp if Italy was separate) instead of the aa50 power difference (where Germany makes nearly double what Russia does AND has Italy to help).  Like say germany makes 40, russia makes 32.  Just let Italy be able to hold her own against the UK, like UK makes 30 Italy makes 20.

• Germany (with France) I’m thinking 50-60. Italy 10-20. Russia 30-40 (maybe a little more). UK 20-30. Canada/ANZAC 20 between them. US 110 (3 round rule). Japan 20-30.

I’ve been deliberately vague, but that gives Allies: 220 (max) and Axis: 110 (max). This massive difference would be offset by giving the Axis a big setup advantage in unit numbers; having the 3 round option for the full US; and by having a few easy to get convoy routes and NO’s which could deny the Allies money.

All of that is pure speculation of course.

• Does anyone think their will be different Soveit IPC values like the US. I doubt larry would introduce a new machanic and only have it ably to one nation?

What do you think will be the conditions for Soveit entry into the war? I am assuming their are at least forced to enter on the third turn like the US or perhaps even the second turn.

And if your playing Europe standalone then does the US just automatically enter on turn 3?

• For US i would assume it would have to do with convoy routes from the lend lease being disrupted or a set turn.  As far as soviets I think them and the germans are allowed to attack whenever, it just wouldn’t be a good idea for the first few turns.  Larry said something about that somewhere.

• @ShadowHAwk:

@Vareel:

I think it would be pretty cool if the US enters the war automatically on turn 3 like in pacific, or when lend lease convoys are disrupted (which should grant like nearly 10 IPCs a turn to russia and/or UK).

This would not really be accurate as US was already assisting the UK and Russia well before a DOW was issued.
    There should be a border in the Europe version that only the UK and germany can cross but once germany crosses it then US goes to war, this to reflect the fact that US was already actively helping UK with patrools against germany well before they where officialy in the war.

Simple, have the lend lease convoys in the middle of the atlantic for the Uboats to disrupt, US boats are allowed to patrol said convoy routes.  Combine this with large Uboat advantage in the atlantic and you give the germans there choice, sap UK/Russian IPCs via convoys and bring the US in early, or let them continue to make said money.

• @ShadowHAwk:

@Vareel:

I think it would be pretty cool if the US enters the war automatically on turn 3 like in pacific, or when lend lease convoys are disrupted (which should grant like nearly 10 IPCs a turn to russia and/or UK).

This would not really be accurate as US was already assisting the UK and Russia well before a DOW was issued.
    There should be a border in the Europe version that only the UK and germany can cross but once germany crosses it then US goes to war, this to reflect the fact that US was already actively helping UK with patrools against germany well before they where officialy in the war.

I would hope that any German aggression toward UK on the Europe side would not bring the US to war level IPCs(not till round 3 anyway).  The US should only be involved after aggression from Japan in global or a direct attack on US forces (or round 3).  UK convoy attacks shouldn’t bring the US in (at least not immediately).  Britain was in dire straits indeed once the US actually got officially involved.

• I don’t think i’m explaining properly.  There should be convoy zones to represent what goes from the US to the UK/Russia.  If G attacks those convoy zones only, it would start war.  I think that is how it should be.  Obviously there should be other convoy zones as well, at least for the UK.

• @Vareel:

I don’t think i’m explaining properly.  There should be convoy zones to represent what goes from the US to the UK/Russia.  If G attacks those convoy zones only, it would start war.  I think that is how it should be.  Obviously there should be other convoy zones as well, at least for the UK.

I suppose it depends how they do lend/lease but I’d prefer it not be a simply free cash objective for Britain/Russia (where’s the lending part in that).  What I’d like to see is a lend/lease that’s not a 1:1 gain for Britain and Russia.  The US can designate some number of IPCs to Russia and/or Britain (say 12) and they get half that amount (6 to the banker).  This has a sense of depreciated value and inflated cost (hey, the US is capitalist) to that “lease” from the US and doesn’t punish the axis as much trying to balance Russia & Britain’s economy vs Germany’s which could be unfairly skewed as Russia and Britain get free loot at minimal expense to the US.  And that could be designated in as a different type of convoy zone, perhaps only near the US coast, which would mean the Germans would have to go way past the Channel to stop it, if they even wanted to.  It has the benefit of immediately helping Russia and Britain in a pinch, but if they can hold out the US can send more in US units, which I think would be a more balanced way to send help to an ally.

That way it’s not quite the same as the established convoy zone, because Russia and Britain can’t GET cash from US territory obviously (nor should they)and there would need to be convoy zones for britain that are wholly independent from the lend lease zones you speak of.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m