• This game come with:

Major factory. Cost 30 IPC. May build 10 units. May be bombed for 20 IPC.
    Minor factory. Cost 12 IPC. May build 3 units. May be bombed for 6 IPC.

Naval Base. Cost 15 IPC. Fix damaged ships and increase move by 1. May be bombed 6 points.
    Air Base. Cost 15 IPC. Do scrambling, paratrooping and increase move by 1. May be bombed 6 points.

Looks good. Except minor factorys too should cost 15 IPC, that would make a more simple system.

• @Razor:

This game come with:

Naval Base. Cost 15 IPC. Fix damaged ships and increase move by 1. May be bombed 6 points.
    Air Base. Cost 15 IPC. Do scrambling, paratrooping and increase move by 1. May be bombed 6 points.

Looks good. Except minor factorys too should cost 15 IPC, that would make a more simple system.

And of course they are all made of cardboard, WOTC blew it here.

• Yea, 12 is a little cheap
    I wish Minor Factories werent allowed to make Capital Ships, that would even it out for me

• @Razor:

This game come with:

How does raising the cost to 15 make it simpler?

• 12 IPCs -> 3 units each round
    30 IPCs -> 10 units each round

12 is not cheap under these conditions

• Think about it though, in aa50 how many locations do you build an IC in that has a value high than 3, france, and islands are about it.  France will already have an IC, and islands are not allowed to anymore, so it is actually a savings of 3 IPC and at times 1 more unit compared to old.  This should lead to many more minor ICs purchased than in previous games.  Although the increased quanity of ICs on the board may limit that, esp for the UK, but Japan will probably still build 1 or 2 in an average game, heck the US might even need one or two with her insane income.

• I wonder if there will be an imp fact tech in the Euro/global version. That could be pretty sweet. It would be much easier w/o any complaints about doubling capacity or can’t SBR it to zero junk that changed the original tech to include only IC’s on 3 IPC tt. With the 2 sizes of complexes in would be pretty simple. Major IC +2 (12 units), minor IC +1 (4 units). No problems because IC can only be built on 2 IPC tt or more. On a 2 IPC tt you raise its capasity by 33%, and you can bomb it in to the stone age (-2). Normally if bombed to -2, you would have to pay $3 to place 1 unit. $4 would allow you to place all 3 units (full cap). W/imp fact tech +1 for minors, you would have to pay just $2 (get to zero) to place 1 unit. I think that’s pretty good it still cost you $ to build. Plus I liked the remove damaged chips at 1/2 price.

• @Brain:

And of course they are all made of cardboard, WOTC blew it here.

The facilities will look funny after SBR. A huge stack of chips with a tiny cardboard on top.

• yea thats true. the counters should be round and larger.

• @Imperious:

yea thats true. the counters should be round and larger.

Razor do remember that you wanted the factories printet on the map. This was of course long before the new SBR system. It could still have worked with printet IC’s, just placed a stack of chips on top off them. Lets say the major facilities was printet on map, and the old factory was minors that could be purchased and place in far away areas.

• I like that thought Raz, but in this game you can also upgrade your minor IC to major IC (would be rare). So it kinda throws a wrench into that theory. I still would have liked to see new factory sculpts, but I will live w/o it. I would have liked a mobile AA gun unit also but I guess I will just improvise. Its not so bad.

• Yeah WOTC is always making us improvise.

• ANZAC setup: 1 Major Industrial Complex in New South Wales;
    New South Wales territory is worth 2.
    Major Industrial Complexes con only be built in territory 3 or more worth.

Is that an exception to the general rule
    beacuse the Factory is not built by the player,
    but previously listed in the setup?

• '19

yep.

• In our game last night we used white factories for the major IC’s and grey factories for the minor factories.

We also used the AA guns from previous versions of Axis and Allies.

• '19

@Shakespeare:

In our game last night we used white factories for the major IC’s and grey factories for the minor factories.

Nice, I havent played my older versions of AA for a while now and forgot the ICs were different colors.  Nice idea.

• How about Monopoly houses and hotels? :-D

• I just got my game today and I was actually impressed with the quality of the “cardboard” pieces. They are laminated with some kind of a matte-textured rubber. I think they did a good job on this!

• @trackmagic:

I just got my game today and I was actually impressed with the quality of the “cardboard” pieces. They are laminated with some kind of a matte-textured rubber. I think they did a good job on this!

Well it’s a good thing you like them, because I think it is the new trend with WOTC. Being cheap that is. They didn’t even hire a proofreader.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m