• @yourbuttocks:

@F_alk:

and i bet you don’t believe any woman who claims that god told her to abort her unborn child, right?

What women has ever claimed this?

Does that matter? It was meant as something to think: Would you believe such a woman?

• @yourbuttocks:

Falk, about your contentions about which god, Half the Earth’s population have the same God.

Well, ask a Jew wether JC is the messiah, or a Jew or Christian wether Muhammed is a Prophet of their god.

Only the Muslims say that these three faiths believe in the same god. If it was the same God for all three of them, why do they follow different rules to serve it, and why are they sure that they are right, and the other ones are heretics?

• @FinsterniS:

@Yanny:

Don’t Hindu believe in a pantheon of gods?

As far as i know they believe in ONE god, with many faces.

I have never understood Hinduism…. they have different faces/personifications of a god (or different gods), with each different temples, and they believe in being reborn into a different caste depending on how they did in this live… with the final goal to go into something Nirvana-like? Is that true this far? Do we have any Hindu among us, who could answer and/or explain?

• @F_alk:

Only the Muslims say that these three faiths believe in the same god.

I know the Catholic Church teaches that Muslims and Jews are our cousins in faith, because we all believe in the God of Abraham even though we may interpet Him differently.

• Well, I think what Falk is saying is that Muslims actually believe that Jesus (and Jewish figures) were prophets, and were involved in advancing their religion. The Christians and Jews do not believe Mohammad was a prophet.

• @yourbuttocks:

@F_alk:

I know the Catholic Church teaches that Muslims and Jews are our cousins in faith, because we all believe in the God of Abraham even though we may interpet Him differently.

Dang.

Where can I find that religious leader?
    During my confirmation, I was pretty much told that the only true religion was Christianity, and that all the others had no basis. Apparently (according to our religious-ed teacher, who is an idiot) no other prophecies have actually been fullfilled. This can’t be true, can it?

• @Deviant:Scripter:

@yourbuttocks:

@F_alk:

Dang.

Where can I find that religious leader?
    During my confirmation, I was pretty much told that the only true religion was Christianity, and that all the others had no basis. Apparently (according to our religious-ed teacher, who is an idiot) no other prophecies have actually been fullfilled. This can’t be true, can it?

That doesn’t surprise me, it’s been coming out of the church for years. Just remember this - if Judaism has no basis, then Christianity does not either because Christianity came from Judaism originally. The Catholic Chruch believed for years that Jews were partners for hte devil and worshipped Satan and there are still Catholics and other Christians out there who still believe it.

The biggest difference between Judaism and Islam (from what I’ve studied of it) and Christianity is that only in Judaism can followers of the other two faiths or any faith (inlcuding no faith) can still go to heaven. According to Christianity, I’m damned to hell for not believing in Jesus even though I worship God.

• @Yanny:

Well, I think what Falk is saying is that Muslims actually believe that Jesus (and Jewish figures) were prophets, and were involved in advancing their religion. The Christians and Jews do not believe Mohammad was a prophet.

True, but dont forget that there are some clear statements in the Koran that talk of how horrible the Jews are and how Allah should curse them. Islam, though it claims to accept Judaism and Christianity’s prophets, does not particularly accept the followers of the religions. This is probably due to the fact that Mohammed’s new religion was rejected by the Jews living in Arabia and he felt sour, sour enough to go to war with all of them and exile many. There was one town that he killed off all the men and forced the women and children into slavery. He wasn’t a man filled with brotherly love.

One of the many things that sets Christianity and Judaism apart is the belief in God. In Judaism, God cannot have a child because God is beyond this corporial world. God is not a physical entity that we can comprehend and that lives in the unvierse. God does not have a physical self nor does God have the appearance of a physical being.

• True, but dont forget that there are some clear statements in the Koran that talk of how horrible the Jews are and how Allah should curse them. Islam, though it claims to accept Judaism and Christianity’s prophets, does not particularly accept the followers of the religions. This is probably due to the fact that Mohammed’s new religion was rejected by the Jews living in Arabia and he felt sour, sour enough to go to war with all of them and exile many…

(No offense intended) This is complete bullshit. There were few Jews in Arabia. Arabia was inhabited (hence the name) by Arabs. All Mohammad did was unite the Arabs. Very little of this involved war. Most of his time was probably spent teaching and influencing people like Jesus.

Lets list some Jewish/Christian religious atrocities.

Jewish,

Extreme religious percecution around the birth of Christ. Eventually led to the torture of Jesus, and hunting down of his followers.

Christians (oh this could be a lot longer…)

Spanish Inquisition (Millions killed by fanatical and church-endorsed murderers, who had the complete support of the populous).
    Salem Witch trials (see Spanish Inquisition, but 19 dead)
    The complete anihilation of every civilization in South America by Spanish Zealots.
    The Crusades

need I go on?

Religion itself is a deadly force. Every single religion in the history of the world has caused death, destruction, and has left a lasting scar upon this planet.

Muslims, for a thousand years, were the only real force behind peace, education, and the advancement of mankind. Singling them out as a violent religion is nothing short of hipocracy.

• “Every religion”… No, it’s totally false. You’ll rarely see a polytheist killing other because they have another religion, nor torture people or menace them. Also buddhism is still a pretty good exemple of a peacefull religion (even if they are “evil” atheist). Take Japan for exemple, their religion was Shitoism, it was a religion with full of spirits, called Kami (or Kama, something like that), when the buddhist came to Japan, their was no real problem, and the two relgion did’nt fight together, they just merge. When christianism came, well, there was some problem. Sure religion is pointless, but they were not all bloody.

Also for christians crime you could add an important one; “humiliation/extermination of pagans & Jews”, and for Judaism you could add; “extermination of pagans”.

• @Yanny:

True, but dont forget that there are some clear statements in the Koran that talk of how horrible the Jews are and how Allah should curse them. Islam, though it claims to accept Judaism and Christianity’s prophets, does not particularly accept the followers of the religions. This is probably due to the fact that Mohammed’s new religion was rejected by the Jews living in Arabia and he felt sour, sour enough to go to war with all of them and exile many…

(No offense intended) This is complete bullshit. There were few Jews in Arabia. Arabia was inhabited (hence the name) by Arabs. All Mohammad did was unite the Arabs. Very little of this involved war. Most of his time was probably spent teaching and influencing people like Jesus.

Lets list some Jewish/Christian religious atrocities.

Jewish,

Extreme religious percecution around the birth of Christ. Eventually led to the torture of Jesus, and hunting down of his followers.

Christians (oh this could be a lot longer…)

Spanish Inquisition (Millions killed by fanatical and church-endorsed murderers, who had the complete support of the populous).
    Salem Witch trials (see Spanish Inquisition, but 19 dead)
    The complete anihilation of every civilization in South America by Spanish Zealots.
    The Crusades

need I go on?

Religion itself is a deadly force. Every single religion in the history of the world has caused death, destruction, and has left a lasting scar upon this planet.

Muslims, for a thousand years, were the only real force behind peace, education, and the advancement of mankind. Singling them out as a violent religion is nothing short of hipocracy.

Yanny, you really are clueless. The Spanish Inquisition was against those Jews who had converted to Christianity so they would not be expelled from Spain. They were called Marranos or swine. You missed MANY MANY other persecutions but that’s ok if it suits your thesis.

Jews have lived in Arabia since biblical times along with the pagan Arabs of those times. I’ll find you the source so you can learn a little something.

• @EmuGod:

… The Spanish Inquisition was against those Jews who had converted to Christianity so they would not be expelled from Spain.

if you had added a simple “as well”, then it would sound much better. Too often you claim some exclusiveness for the jews (esp. in their persecutions) that wasn’t there.

• Keep in mind, there were alot of Muslims and other religions in Spain at the time. Also Catholics were practically at war with other Christian factions.

• @F_alk:

@EmuGod:

… The Spanish Inquisition was against those Jews who had converted to Christianity so they would not be expelled from Spain.

if you had added a simple “as well”, then it would sound much better. Too often you claim some exclusiveness for the jews (esp. in their persecutions) that wasn’t there.

There are many times where it was only the Jews such a the Zorostrian attacks against the Jews, Mohammed’s attack on the Jews of Arabia and there are others too.

• at least people that converted to christianity when it first started converted by their own free will, not like the muslims, who converted by the sword.

• have any of you heard of a thing called the “children’s crusade”? i vaugely remember hearing something about this years ago, about how children (not too young but not really old either, maybe 11 or 12) from france and italy in like the 1200’s or something marched across europe(and eventually took a boat from somewhere) and ended up in Jerusalem, to pray at the site of Jesus’ crucifixtion for peace in the holy city and they were all massacred by muslims before they could get to jerusalem. i have no idea if this was true or if it was in some dream i had or something, but do any of you know offhand if this is true

• have any of you heard of a thing called the “children’s crusade”? i vaugely remember hearing something about this years ago, about how children (not too young but not really old either, maybe 11 or 12) from france and italy in like the 1200’s or something marched across europe(and eventually took a boat from somewhere) and ended up in Jerusalem

When i heard this story, it was a little different. It was children from 16 to 25, from France and Germany, lead by a french guy i think.

to pray at the site of Jesus’ crucifixtion for peace in the holy city and they were all massacred by muslims before they could get to jerusalem. i have no idea if this was true or if it was in some dream i had or something, but do any of you know offhand if this is true

Well it’s just a fable, a myth, it’s not true.

• @Anonymous:

have any of you heard of a thing called the “children’s crusade”…

I have to agree with Fin here. The end of that crusade is unknown, there are many different stories around. One goes that the “leader” sold them all as slaves, others that they all died through some fever, that they reached the holy land and some of them later faought in the 5th crusade, etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m