• I’m toying around with axis and allies advanced, and I want to try and incorporate some sort of urban combat rule when fighting in the circular “city” territories. I want the rule to represent the increases of casualties taken on both sides and the dificulty in capturing and holding ground when fighting in major urban areas, ex:The Battle of Stalingrad. I’d really apreciate some ideas

• I am not so sure if urban areas caused increased causalty rates, they did certainly slow down attackes and were hard to take hold of and were a contributing factor in 200 day hell that was stalingrad.

Perhaps you could try limitng attacks on “urban” territories to one round of combat. Attacker fires, defender fires, and if the attacker has not won he must retreat. This would certainly make it more difficult to take these territroies and if would require that the attacker brings alot of firepower with them, so they can kill everything of the first round.

When my group plays AA50, we often limit the combat rounds too one or two, it allows for alot of strategy aswell as making room for rules that better represent tank warfare.

If your playing this rule with A&AEurope, I would predict that this rule is going to make moscow(which often has 30+ infantry in it) aswell as Leniggrad and stalingrad very difficult to take, so to make sure the game does not become favor the allies too much i would increase the German additional setup money from 12 IPCs too 20-30 IPCs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m