• '10

Gents

I was wondering how long does AA 50 take to play compared to AA Revised Edition?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '11 '10

If you are lucky and the gods of dice are with you 2-3 hours.

In average I would say between 4 and 5 hours.

• '10

Thanks Bjergmose

It usually takes me about 4 to 5 hours for the revised edition.  Since the AA 50 map has more zones, I thought it would take longer.

I have been considering buying AA 50 but since I have a wife and 2 little kids it’s hard enough to get the time to play.  If it took too long, I would have a hard time finishing it.

• It will depend on how fast you play one full rnd, most AA50 games don’t last longer than, about 6-8 rnds.

If players are somewhat experienced, you can see which side will win. I have never achieved 13 VCs yet, nor have any of my opponents, b/c we can clearly see the winner before reaching a “technical” victory.

• '16 '15 '10

My experience is that the national objectives make AA50 a quicker game on average than Revised…early rolls determine alot and there is much less chance of stalemate.  An 8-round game is a fairly long one…I think it would be very rare for a game to go 10 rounds without one side or another having a definite edge.

• '10

Thanks guys

I’ll give AA 50 a second look.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m