Pacific 1940 review copy has arrived

• Great to know!!

• '10

When you look at the photos, the bags of pieces are on top of the holder boxes. The covers of the holder boxes have the setup information for that country, which is really nice if you ask me.

that was a great idea!

• Can we get pictures of the units? salivates

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I just peed my pants.

• Looks pretty sweet.  Thanks for taking the time to post this Djensen.

• yeah espeically anzac and those tac bombers

• @djensen:

Here are some initial shots of the game. It’s too slow to upload 12 photos to the forum so I put them on Facebook (no Facebook account required to view) …

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=130256&id=123067070744&ref=mf

If somebody wants to repost them here in this forum, please do so. I’ve already wasted enough time at work on this. :-)

Nice pics, love the “pewter” color of the ANZAC- really smooth- all the colors have been great,

map seems very quality.

I still will probably use the money from my old Pacific- still very new +
    I will still use the ICs and AA units from Pacific too- still like markers though.  
    I can just put a red chip under it for the major factories.

Glad I preordered 2 because I knew that they cheap out on some pieces and chips.

I guess if China wants artillery then they get it from US.

Questions- what are the 5 markers to the far left of the marker sheet???
    Is the map all one piece or 2???
    Is the box smaller than AA50??- looks like it but thicker- for the foldable map I guess.

Close ups on the pieces - tact bomb and halftracks especially would be nice- though I can see parts of them- they look sweet from what I can tell.

Overall, looks like some nice packaging.  They definitely condensed some items to cheapen the price a bit from AA50- didn’t take away any quality though- very nice.
    :-)

• My question is, with the half-tracks, are they able to transport infantry as well as move 2 spaces, or is that just for them alone?  I think It’d be awesome to have some kind of land transportation that is slightly quicker than one territory at a time for infantry/artillery.

• '10

My question is, with the half-tracks, are they able to transport infantry as well as move 2 spaces, or is that just for them alone?  I think It’d be awesome to have some kind of land transportation that is slightly quicker than one territory at a time for infantry/artillery.

Mechanized infantry (1/2/2 – cost 4) will be represented with half-tracks. Allies M-3’s and Axis powers will use the SdKfz 251. Oh, and Russia has its own half track as well (if I remember correctly). They can blitz with tanks

• Right.  But my question is, does anyone know if they have a special ability to transport infantry as well with them?

Second question, can tac bombers land on carriers?

Thanks for the responses.

• '10

Mech infantry cant transport anything with them.  I’m not sure about the tac bombers landing on carriers

• last time i checked, tac bombers can land on carriers

• yes they can!!

• Beautiful!  Thanks for the responses.  I was looking at the map for the pacific, and I noticed that japan could not strategic bomb the western USA in 1940, where as, in the 1942 version, you can take over midway, bomb western usa, and then back to midway.  Threat of Tac bombers may be good.

It so would have been nice if there was that added flexibility with the mech infantry being able to transport one or two more units of infantry with them.  Would have put a really nice spin to the game.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

4 Tactical bombers in Japan
    3 Fighters in New Zealand
    3 Fighters in India
    1 Bomber 1 Fighter in the Philipenes.
    And that’s just what I can see initially!

Seems like those AA guns will be getting a lot of use!

And the Flying Tigers are out of range for a Japanese first-strike too!

• see if you can get the setups reposted for all players. I have a hard time seeing the details.

I know people want to know whats is going on and these pictures are not so good. ( but better than what we had before)

• Hi!
    These pictures are really nice, as the game!!

But sth is wrong, on the ANZAC set up (from the picture) you can see that there is Major IC in New South Wales, but the value of this territory is 2, comparing it to the info from fact sheet, Major IC can be built on a territory with value 3 or higher.
    Am I wrong?

• Here’s a quick photoshopped picture of the map put together, to hold us over till new photos are posted. Enjoy.

• Looks like this one is going to be great, I cannot wait until its release!  Thanks for the pics

• Only one question: is possible land units from Japan to Alaska in the same turn? (and viceversa). I see a Aleutian islands teritory, but borders of that sea zone are not clear

With so big map and splitting of Canada (yeeeeees!), ignore Japan strat in global game is totally dead anyway, but it would be good add more salt to the wound  :wink:

Thoughts:

• OK with the box. Also shows is compatible with Europe 40, a nice detail
    • Dices are ugle, but that’s matter of tastes and I’ll use Revised dices anyway  :-D
    • NO paper money -> shame
    • No minis for ICs, aa guns and bases -> patetic, simply patetic. I’ll have to put 2 IC minis to represent big ICs and one for minor ICs  :-P Sadly, I don’t see a way of representing bases  :x
    • Map is OK also. Too difficult attack Asia with USA’s units, but I guess that ANZAC IC is going to aid a ton. My bet is main strat will be clean the seas with USA and use ANZAC to fight Kwantung jap army in China. Still annoyed with no island ICs … at least Mc Arthur should get his HQs at Philippines! +1 for the one-piece map
    • No units at setup at Canada. Odd but I guess it will change in global map  :-)
    • No chinese artillery and fighter minis … cheap, cheap, and cheap! At least they give chinese counters to solve that mess!  :| China in general seems at least will work finally with 13 units: that’s an army, Larry, why they don’t appear in AA50?. One simply has to delete irreal ACME invisible walls for global game and it’s done (well, and also ignore limit of purchases, I doubt China is going to buy gazillions of 6 IPCs tanks anyway  8-) )
    • ANZAC minis colour is weird!  :lol: But in fact I think I like it and is possible I end loving it as good old orange japs. And they left japs as orange! Yeeees!  8-)

Overal, some complaints about cheapness of some materials but gameplay seems will go well. We need play some games to see if it’s balanced (a improvement from AA50). In general, gets let’s say 8/10  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m