Pacific 1940 review copy has arrived

• @Danger:

Looks like this one is going to be great, I cannot wait until its release!  Thanks for the pics

I forgot say: agreed with both of this  :-)

• Customizer

@Adlertag:

Will there be NO’s in this game ?

@Krieghund:

Yes

Any word yet on what these national objectives are?

• '10

going to post what i can see as far as set-ups

ANZAC:
    Queensland - 2 Infantry, 1 Art, 1 Fighter
    New South Whales - 1 Infantry, 1 major IC
    New Zealand - 1 infantry, 3 Fighters, 1 airbase
    Malaya - 1 infantry
    Seazone 62 - 1 destroyer, 1 transport
    Seazone 42 - 1 submarine

China:
    Hunan - 1 infantry
    Kweichow - 1 infantry
    Shensi - 1 infantry
    Suiyuyan - 2 infantry
    Szechwan - 4 infantry, 1 fighter
    Yunnan - 3 infantry

United Kingdom:
    India - 4 infantry, 1 art, 1 AA, 3 fighters, 1 tac bomber
    Burma - 1 infantry, 1 figher
    Kwangtung - 2 infantry, 1 naval base
    Malaya - 4 infantry, 1 naval base
    Seazone 37 - 1 battleship, 2 transports
    Seazone 39 - 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser

United States:
    Western U.S. - 3 infantry, 1 mech infantry, 1 art, 1 tank, 1 AA
    Guam - 1 airbase
    Hawaii - 2 infantry, 1 fighter, 1 bomber, 1 tac bomber
    Midway - 1 airbase
    Philippines - 1 infantry, 1 fighter, 1 bomber
    Wake Island - 1 airbase
    Seazone 10 - 1 submarine, 1 destroyer, 1 aircraft carrier (carrying 1 fighter)
    Seazone 26 - 1 transport
    Seazone 35 - 1 destroyer, 1 transport

Japan:
    Japan - 8 infantry, 1 art, 1 tank, 1 AA, 4 tac bombers, 1 airbase, 1 naval base, 1 major IC
    Caroline Islands - 1 infantry, 1 AA
    Formosa - 1 fighter
    Iwo Jima - 1 infantry
    Manchuria - 4 infantry, 1 mech infantry

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, I know. I was too tired after work and dinner last night to do anything. I’ll see what I can do this morning. I won’t be able to photo everything tho; it will have to be a multi-part preview.

Also, I have my game lined up for Sunday. You’ll have to wait for setup pics until then.

@Imperious:

see if you can get the setups reposted for all players. I have a hard time seeing the details.

I know people want to know whats is going on and these pictures are not so good. ( but better than what we had before)

• ahhh soo good! I can’t WAit until this is relaes3ED!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Stay tuned, I’m uploading a few photos now.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Here are the latest photos.

http://www.axisandallies.org/node/384

The original size (when you click on a photo) should be large enough to read all of the text.

I was having trouble photographing the map so I’ll work on that tomorrow.

• Customizer

Thanks for the preview article. Are we to expect a new preview article every day or so till the 15th?

Also do the container boxes used for the units only have one section unlike AA50 which has three sections in each unit container box?

Thanks for all the info.

• :-o Just finished reading the first preview! :-D
    Words fail me……OMFG!
    OMFG!
    If the Europe version is even half as good as what i have just seen?
    Then>>>>> OH MY FING GOD!!!
    AWSOME, SIMPLY F
    ING AWSOME!
    I got two copies on order now and i cant wait to play this mutha!
    The new pieces look badass!
    Larry and all those involved deserve a hugh slap on the back for a job well done!

Thoes426 :evil:

• full Japan setup as best as I can tell
    Japan: 8 infantry, 2 artillery, 1 tank, 1 aa gun, 2 bombers, 3 fighters, 4 Tac Bombers, 1 airbase, 1 naval base, 1 major ic
    Caroline Islands: 1 infantry, 1 aa gun, 1 airbase, 1 naval base
    Formosa: 1 fighter
    Iwo Jima: 1 infantry
    Jehol: 2 inf, 1 art
    Kiangsi: 5 inf, 1 art
    Korea: 1 inf
    Kwangsi: 3 inf, 1 art
    Manchuria: 4 inf, 1 mech inf, 1 art, 1 aa gun, 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 tac bombers
    Okinawa: 1 inf, 1 fight
    Palau: 1 inf
    Kiangsa: 1 inf, 1 fighter, 1 tac bomber, 1 bomber
    Shantung: 1 inf
    Siam: 2 inf
    Zone 6: 1 sub, 2 destroyers, 2 AC with a fighter and tac bomber each, 1 cruiser, 1 battleship, 2 transports
    Zone 19: 1 sub, 1 destroyer, 1 cruiser
    Zone 33: 1 destroyer, 1 AC with a fighter and tac bomber, 1 battleship, 1 transport

Assuming 11 ipc tac bomber, 4 ipc mech inf, 18 ipc AC
    Best guess for total unit cost: 397! IPCs of units

• I’m having some trouble identifying the tac bomber, but the truck are easy to identify!

good job

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

My question is (and I beleive it has already been asked): What are those little squares with the Asian characters on them? I would assume they are Japanese and perhaps have something to do with Japanese Victory conditions, maybe like the VC chips from AA50? Otherwise they could have something to do with China…?

• My question is (and I beleive it has already been asked): What are those little squares with the Asian characters on them? I would assume they are Japanese and perhaps have something to do with Japanese Victory conditions, maybe like the VC chips from AA50? Otherwise they could have something to do with China…?

I am guessing that these are for the Kamikaze attacks.

• @Todd7912:

My question is (and I beleive it has already been asked): What are those little squares with the Asian characters on them? I would assume they are Japanese and perhaps have something to do with Japanese Victory conditions, maybe like the VC chips from AA50? Otherwise they could have something to do with China…?

I agree

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Todd7912:

I see. I forgot, Japan gets (I guess 6) Kamakazi attacks to use throughout the game. I never played original Pacific; do they kill a fighter for it or is it like a freebie?

• there are watermarked squares on the board the size of the kamikaze markers…
    My guess that the Japanese player places them at the beginning of the game. You can make kamikaze attacks in these sea zones.

• I never played original Pacific; do they kill a fighter for it or is it like a freebie?

They don’t kill a JAP fighter. The Kamikaze chip is the fighter.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Only one section.

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

Thanks for the preview article. Are we to expect a new preview article every day or so till the 15th?

Also do the container boxes used for the units only have one section unlike AA50 which has three sections in each unit container box?

Thanks for all the info.

• so much information!! I am impressed
    but no love for europe still……larry must still be drawing the board on construction paper

• Founder TripleA Admin

It is the medium sized airplane. It is upfront with the halftrack/mechanized infrantry. I put the two new units up front. I will do the same in all the photos. The tactical bomber and the mechanized infantry will be in front of the rest.

@Omega:

I’m having some trouble identifying the tac bomber, but the truck are easy to identify!

good job

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m