I just thought I’d mention, since all of you love war-games,

That tripleA is back up and running:

Main Website:
    http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/TripleA

Download it:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

Tutorial and Help website:
    http://sites.google.com/site/tripleaerniebommel/

Also, in response to some questions about TripleA and it being “unstable” and so on:

TripleA 1.1.1.0 has just been released.
    It is a fully legal version.
    It is considered “unstable” but to be honest this is the most stable version I have ever played.  Never had a bug with 1.1.1.0, not seen any in any of the game’s I’ve played.

It has a working lobby, meaning working multiplayer.

Lastly, it is also much more user friendly than previous versions.  It includes a map downloading feature inside the main interface.  It is also very easy to develop your own maps and artwork for.
    we have a lot of mods, we have things like Pact of Steel, World War 1 and 2, American Civil War btls, the Punic Wars, and even Middle Earth from lord of the rings

So for the love of god, or war-games in general, you have to go try out this new release.

thanks,
    Veqryn

• This is extremely good news. Thanks for the update. +1

• Customizer

yes, give it a try,
    I should mention the multiplayer and lobby have been working perfectly since 1.1.0.0

• Excellent news! If Hasbro isn’t going to provide a software version of their games I’m happy someone else is giving us an alternative.

• TripleA '12

Hi, I’m really interested in looking into this but I’m not much of a technical wiz - is it easy to install?

Also, can I play the A&A50 version on this system? Is it possible to play against the AI at all? Thanks guys. I can’t reach the links posted from work coz of security.  :|

• Customizer

very easy to install

you do have to have Java on your system (but everyone does already or should)(any java version 6, but thats been out for like 10 years, so if you hava java, its probably version 6)

yes there is an AI, two actually, as we have developed a new AI but kept the old one on just in case.  they are decent at land campaigns

TripleA, as it is a fully legal version, does not ‘ship’ with any maps that may irk shark-suited lawyers at hasbro or other companies.  Just like any other computer game out there in the world, people can make mods for it.  The developers of TripleA also do not host any maps themselves.  There is an AA50 map/mod out there, though you must download at your own discretion and make sure you own the game in real life, blah blah go ask a lawyer.  If hasbro shows up at your door at midnight with some lawyers and baseball bats, and breaks one of your kneecaps for you having AABattleMap of Axis & Allies on your computer, and breaks the other for you having some user-created Axis & Allies maps for TripleA on your computer too, its not my fault and i prohibit you from complaining.

TripleA has a downloading utility that comes with the game, where you can put in the url of a site that hosts maps, and it will list and allow you to download them.
    Just open up the game, click download maps, put this link in, and press list maps:
    http://sites.google.com/site/veqryn/documents/TripleA_Maps.xml

• @Veqryn:

If hasbro shows up at your door at midnight with some lawyers and baseball bats, and breaks one of your kneecaps for you having AABattleMap of Axis & Allies on your computer, and breaks the other for you having some user-created Axis & Allies maps for TripleA on your computer too, its not my fault and i prohibit you from complaining.

I have no need of worry then. After all, Hasbro has not idea of that Spain exists or where is it (zero A&A games translated to spanish and I had to import the game), so no way of pesky lawyers finding way to my home!  :mrgreen:

Dude, they even think all Andalucia is a british colony! Just check how big is Gibraltar in A&A maps!  :lol:

• TripleA '12

Thanks very much Veqryn.  :-) I do have Java installed already and so I will check out the TripleA when I get home tonight. I’m a bit confused about what you said about owning the game and getting a lawyer though? Sorry to appear dense but can you please explain the procedure in a little more detail? I would be very grateful, and I obviously don’t want to get into legal difficulties…. thanks again.

• Customizer

it was an inside joke

just get the game

• so where can i find this aa50 map for triplea?

Thanks

• '16 '15 '10

The latest version has a download maps function.

http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/Axis_%26_Allies_Wiki

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I still need to enter a URL in the download maps function? what URL do I enter?

Your above URL provided does not work :(

OK I saw a different URL that had SOME maps, but still no AA50 :S

Yikes It’s almost 4 am, but I figured it all out. Thanks but no thanks, please excuse my spams.

• Gargantua - how did you get it to work? I’ve spent ages looking for a AA50 map to download but can’t find it anywhere. On the wiki it won’t even give me a URL to download it, saying its included in Triple A, which it clearly isn’t. Can anyone help?

• Thanks and great news!!  I’m gonna try to download it later. :-)

• @dermal_plating:

Gargantua - how did you get it to work? I’ve spent ages looking for a AA50 map to download but can’t find it anywhere. On the wiki it won’t even give me a URL to download it, saying its included in Triple A, which it clearly isn’t. Can anyone help?

Try joining the lobby server, there’s a lot of help there in the lobby notes.  Maps work fine.

• Cool, Thanks.

The answer to my question - open AAA, click download maps, then select copy in http://sites.google.com/site/tripleawarclub/tripleawarmaps.xml

WW2v3 should be the one you’re after.

• Has anyone made a map yet for AA40 Pacific (or Europe) yet for TripA?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m