• Dear FCSG1942 players,

In response to your feedback, we have done a major restructuring of our Rulebook to present the rules better. We hope that this will allow all our players to maximize their enjoyment of Field Command: Singapore 1942.

The current draft of Rulebook I.I can be downloaded from BGG or from the following URL: http://www.worldsforge.com/fieldcommand/sg1942_downloads.php

It is important to note that although there is a change in the presentation, the rules themselves have not changed. The rare changes are found in the card-related rules, following playtesting for the Cards Expansion, which has just launched.

Rulebook I.I consolidates all the rules & incorporates all the rule clarifications since launch into the DOCTRINES SECTION. This allows players to easily find the rules that they are looking for when in the midst of a game.

We have also added a BASIC RULES QUICK REFERENCE, as a quick refresher for players returning to the game.

The current version is a work-in-progress as we are still working on the TRAINING SECTION, which will be structured in a similar way to the original rulebook to help new players learn the game. The diagrams may also see further improvement for purposes of clarity.

We welcome your comments or feedback on the new Rulebook I.I.

Yik Lin
    WORLDSFORGE

• '10

NEW RELEASE from WorldsForge

Field Command: Singapore 1942 Cards Expansion is a card-based expansion to the Field Command: Singapore 1942, which is about the Battle of Singapore during the Second World War.

This expansion allows the player to experience many interesting and unique episodes that truly happened during the Battle of Singapore, such as Yamashita’s bluff and Maxwell’s premature withdrawal, the failed Japanese ruse of disguise as Indian soldiers, and the burning hell on Kranji river. Together, these episodes epitomize the unpredict-ability of warfare, as few real battles follow the textbook or even go according to plan.

The cards come in 2 decks, one for each side of the conflict, and enhance the re-playability of 2 campaign scenarios - Impregnable Fortress & The Almost Naked Island. Players will get to adapt to unforeseen situations and surprise their opponents. Every game is a new challenge.

Order yours today!

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/field-command-singapore-1942-cards-expansion.html

http://www.worldsforge.com/worldsforge/product_fcsg1942x1.php

• I tried looking at the link for the map and it said it was broken.  :-( Can you look into that please?

• '10

@Sun_Tzu:

I tried looking at the link for the map and it said it was broken.  :-( Can you look into that please?

Where was that link?  I don’t have a link to the map?  You can see more detailed pictures of this both on my website or under the BGG listing.

• '10

@Sun_Tzu:

The first post is all of the links

Please visit our site.  The game is linked off of the main page.

Thanks

• So Field Marshal have you ever thought of making a module for this game? It looks real fun but I don’t have $70 burning a hole in my pocket. I mean I’d rather have the board version but a module would be great for a demo. What do ya think? Also I noticeed that in your rulebook that you have the “company commander” section of the training guide as rolling for one unit. Does that mean one unit is roughly 140 men strong? Idf so thats cool because it gives the game a sense of realism. Bonus points for historical accuracy  :-)

• '10

@Pvt.Ryan:

So Field Marshal have you ever thought of making a module for this game? It looks real fun but I don’t have $70 burning a hole in my pocket. I mean I’d rather have the board version but a module would be great for a demo. What do ya think? Also I noticed that in your rulebook that you have the “company commander” section of the training guide as rolling for one unit. Does that mean one unit is roughly 140 men strong? Idf so thats cool because it gives the game a sense of realism. Bonus points for historical accuracy  :-)

I can’t do that as this is not my game.  Any module or TripleA version of this game would have to be licensed by WorldsForge Ltd.  FMG is the North American distributor of Field Command games only.

I can tell you that Historical accuracy is very important to the design team at WorldsForge.  This is by far the highest Quality Historical board game I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

• Ah well thats to bad. Well if you ever have a game that is similar to Singapore please make a module because it would be a great game.

• @Imperious:

No but i will post pics of the AA pieces next to them.

lol this tread is over 2 years old and I guess IL forgot to post pics of A&A and Singapore pieces for a side by side comparison.  :-D

• Customizer

You can gauge the size of pieces against the infantry. There is a good set of pics at BoardGameGeek.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m