• I don’t see this specifically addressed in the rules or the errata/FAQ, unless I missed it.  When placing new Chinese units do they all have to be placed in the same singular territory?  Or if say China were receiving 4 new units could you place 2 in one territory and two in another different territory?

• Official Q&A

You can split them up.

• '10

@panzerjager:

I don’t see this specifically addressed in the rules or the errata/FAQ, unless I missed it.  When placing new Chinese units do they all have to be placed in the same singular territory?  Or if say China were receiving 4 new units could you place 2 in one territory and two in another different territory?

Yes, you can split your placement.

• Yes you can split them. Be sure not to place any on a territory that already has 3 or more Chinese units on it at the time or AA rule enforcement will surly show up at your door. :wink:

Now that you have signed up to this forum they know where you live. :-o

• Official Q&A

Correct.

• TripleA '12

Does anybody know what the thinking behind this rule was during development? Was it simply to make it easier for Japan to conquer China? It seems the Chinese have a hard enough time of it already… Thansk guys!  :-)

• Official Q&A

It was simply to keep China from building unlimited infantry if Japan ignored it for a while.  If Japan is actively attacking China, it shouldn’t really make that much difference.

• Oh, man, it does. When you are reduced to 2-3 territories you cannot trade one and build at the safer one as any other power does. Wait, you cannot trade territories because of no figs past Japan 1 and you cannot replace as any other power. Oh, wait! Japan anyway will kill all or most China J1. OK, at least we can try escape to USSR or Burma with our last inf … oh, wait! There is some odd invisible wall that prevents us escape but japs enter merrily. OK, but at least those Nissan tanks at Manchuria cannot blitz our mountains and non-industrial areas … oh, wait …!

It was so difficult make them a normal power?  :lol:

• '10

Func, I do believe China is your Holy Grail.  I can’t wait to see what you will say about China in AAP 40.  Too bad we can’t transport you back to 1986…to Classic where you can build an IC in Sinkiang and you can have Chinamen till your heart’s content.

• @Funcioneta:

Oh, man, it does. When you are reduced to 2-3 territories you cannot trade one and build at the safer one as any other power does. Wait, you cannot trade territories because of no figs past Japan 1 and you cannot replace as any other power. Oh, wait! Japan anyway will kill all or most China J1. OK, at least we can try escape to USSR or Burma with our last inf … oh, wait! There is some odd invisible wall that prevents us escape but japs enter merrily. OK, but at least those Nissan tanks at Manchuria cannot blitz our mountains and non-industrial areas … oh, wait …!

It was so difficult make them a normal power?  :lol:

I don’t get your fascination with China. The Chinese were a bit players during the war and they’re represented as such in A&A. I just don’t understand why you go on and on about China being underpowered, restricted, etc., etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m