• '10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ

Anyone plan on seeing this movie…it looks good!

• '10

• Looks like it could be good

• Probably will check it out once it goes discount or DVD.  It didn’t look that good to me and I suspect the biggest movie bomb in all movie history (as in tix sales vs. budget).

• This is basically the classic Pochahontas-story. White settlers want to steal land from natives, butt then their best man fall in love with the native princess. And then he backstabbs his own people, like a classic Benedict Arnold, or Norway’s most famous Quisling. The natives with bow and arrows will again beat the modern general Custer despite his modern weapons, firearms and choppers. Been there, done that. Sorry Kurt, no + to you.

• So Aldertag. Was that a thumbs up or a thumbs down?

• @Brain:

So Aldertag. Wat that a thumbs up or a thumbs down?

“Wat that, wat that” ? Now you learn to speak English correct, I’ll teach you abour communication.

• @Adlertag:

@Brain:

So Aldertag. Wat that a thumbs up or a thumbs down?

“Wat that, wat that” ? Now you learn to speak English correct, I’ll teach you abour communication.

It’s called a typo, Aldertag.

Kind of like “abour” in your post.

• @Adlertag:

This is basically the classic Pochahontas-story. White settlers want to steal land from natives, butt then their best man fall in love with the native princess. And then he backstabbs his own people, like a classic Benedict Arnold, or Norway’s most famous Quisling. The natives with bow and arrows will again beat the modern general Custer despite his modern weapons, firearms and choppers. Been there, done that. Sorry Kurt, no + to you.

I agree with Adlertag, any reasonable adult should be able to see from the trailer this movie is going to blow, this movie is crap, complete and utter crap, and I gaurentee watching it will lower anyones IQ a least a point.
    Its just a bunch of cliches, plus some blue indians i could care less about. How can i give $h^& about some traitor who sides with a bunch of savages to oppose his own people who accaully have a plan and a vision of civilzation?

• Are you really a traitor if you do not share the beliefs of “your people”

• '10

Wow u guys are too uptight…I just want to be entertained for a couple hours not dwell on the big issues of society.

• @kurt3892:

Wow u guys are too uptight…I just want to be entertained for a couple hours not dwell on the big issues of society.

Im not uptight, i am tring to keep the film industry honest(perhaps its a lost cause).

issues of soceity are insperably connnected to entertainement. Not only does the tralier reveal what is likly the enite plot, but the aliens are not even cool looking, and the marines are exactly the same from Aliens. The whole movie seems like it is a rip off of Aliens(Cameron;s own film) except now the aliens look more like humans, and since they look like us it must mean that they are good and so we should care about them. The whole movie is a insult to the inteligence of the audience, and its just scam, watch Aliens and then watch an episode of the smurfs and thats what this movie equals. Cameron stopped making good movies in 1994 anyways.

This film also seems alot like the Last Samurai, except without Tom Cruise(who is an amazing actor, even if is not exactly sane) and without a cool group die-hard warriors who valiantly fight but are killed by more modern and supierior methods of war. In all liklyhood  Avatar will have the smurfs win, further purging the story of any meaning.

• Well, the “smurfs” as you call them, do have some Very Large Creatures supporting them. From the trailer I could identify a giant tiger, a monster godzilla, mr Twinkle and mrs Tiggywinkle, and they all put up a good fight against the choppers.

• Yeah, the smurfs in the movie will probably put up a better fight than Norway did against Germany.

• @Brain:

Yeah, the smurfs in the movie will probably put up a better fight than Norway did against Germany.

oh, that is brutal, such bad taste, i love it

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@Brain:

Yeah, the smurfs in the movie will probably put up a better fight than Norway did against Germany.

oh, that is brutal, such bad taste, i love it

I say that with the utmost affection.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Im not uptight, i am tring to keep the film industry honest(perhaps its a lost cause).

Uh…why?

The whole movie seems like it is a rip off of Aliens(Cameron;s own film)

Uh…what?  It looks nothing like Aliens and how can someone rip off their own movie?

In all liklyhood  Avatar will have the smurfs win, further purging the story of any meaning.

Uh…how?

• @Jermofoot:

@Emperor_Taiki:

Uh…why?

So I can see a decent movie at the theater at least once a year.

@Jermofoot:

The whole movie seems like it is a rip off of Aliens(Cameron;s own film)

Uh…what?  It looks nothing like Aliens and how can someone rip off their own movie?

The Marines are exactly the same, same actress, his just trying to cash in, its all a cliche.

@Jermofoot:

In all liklyhood  Avatar will have the smurfs win, further purging the story of any meaning.

Uh…how?

It dosnt make any sence,  like they say in the trailer their going up against gunships with bow and arrows. It less the movie has some clever way of them winning, the movie is just going to be about how although one side is weaker because of their goodness and desire to win they are vicotrious. Its a stupid nonsensical formula.

• It looks like Starship Troopers or jar jar binks planet farce, except with a love story.

1. humans need raw materials

2. humans tell indians  aliens to vacate

3. Aliens say “this is our land pale face”

4. handsome man falls in love with women, who he was originally supposed to negotiate plastic beads for sale of land ( think what we did with new york)

5. Handsome man fights the humans to support the indians aliens culture.

6. Casio is built, humans spend all their money on gambling, Indians aliens have the last laugh.

7. Sequel is announced and many toy promotions occur at Taco Bell ( as usual)

I think i seem this story before?

• I know this, my wife is excited about the movie. So I will see it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m