Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Forum

• Well, I recently read through the entire 14 books of Robert Jordan’s “The Wheel of Time” series.  I started on January 12th, and I finished on March 16th.  I didn’t read “New Spring”, but I will do so later this year.  I had read through the first 11 books before with some of the books having been read many times, but I had never read any of books 12-14 with Brandon Sanderson before.  I won’t spoil anything about the last three books right now, but suffice it to say, I’m glad that the books were written and that I read them.  Brandon Sanderson’s writing style was close enough to Robert Jordan’s so that I didn’t feel jarred out of Robert Jordan’s fantasy world.  If you haven’t read the series, then I highly recommend it to you, and if you have read some of the books but have not finished up the series, then I recommend that you do so.  You will enjoy the reading.

• I haven’t been able to read much lately, but I’ve been wanting to ready Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson & the Olympians series.  I have all 5 books, but I’ve only read the first two, and it was ~5 years ago.

Anyone else been reading much lately?

• I read the Star Wars Darth Plagueis Novel.

• @ABWorsham:

I read the Star Wars Darth Plagueis Novel.

How was it ABWorsham?, a good read to recomend?

• I enjoyed the read, some of the reviews were not kind, however I really enjoyed it. The story covers many years and mentions in some way six different Sith Lords.

• Just last night I finished The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - the first book I’ve finished in a year (did start Don Quixote last November and had to put it down for work/study priority).  It was a refreshing a quick read - hope to complete the rest soon, more than likely the end of the year.

• I was on holiday without a book, so my wife said to read hers:The Shining Girls. I did enjoy it. It is a murder thriller, but with a scifi twist. Well worth a read.
    I am afraid I cannot remember the author.

• Star wars Darth Bane, just the first one. Baddass read

Also i loved the entire Dark Lord trilogy (Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, Rise of Darth Vader) By Matt Stover and James Luceno
    A really amazing series that details the real story of Star Wars.
    Probably the most well written of any novels in the star wars universe.

@ABWorsham:

I read the Star Wars Darth Plagueis Novel.

This is a good one aswell, gives you much insight into Darth Sidious who is basically the culmination of 1000 years of Sith growth that started with Darth Bane

• Well, I read right through all 5 books of the “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series in about 4-5 days.  They’re quite an enjoyable read.  I also just discovered that Mr. Riordan is in the process of writing a sequel series and is already up to book 4, so now I just need to save up some funds to buy them (or at least find them at a local library).

• Read through “The Apocalypse Troll” and “In Fury Born” by David Weber again recently.  Really good books.

I’m planning on reading through Daniel Hood’s 5-book “Fanuilh” series, after if comes in the mail.  After reading some reviews, it looked like a series that I would enjoy.

• @Bardoly:

Well, I read right through all 5 books of the “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series in about 4-5 days.  They’re quite an enjoyable read.  I also just discovered that Mr. Riordan is in the process of writing a sequel series and is already up to book 4, so now I just need to save up some funds to buy them (or at least find them at a local library).

My sons loved the series.

• A friend of mine has written a fantasy novel, “The Phoenix Quest” and is looking to get it published.  Anyone who can help fund it would be well-appreciated.

• Customizer

Star Wars isn’t Science Fiction. In general, its given the genre a bad name.

• Haven’t had much time for reading of late, but I recently came across Brandon Sanderson’s “The Reckoners” trilogy.  Book 1 is “Steelheart”, and it’s really good.  The entire trilogy is great, and I recommend it to all.

• I’ve been reading Alex Scarrow’s “TimeRiders” series lately and have really been enjoying it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m