Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Forum

• Thanks for the information.

I still haven’t read “The Gathering Storm” yet, but since I am planning to re-read the entire series before reading it, I’ve been reading some other stand-alone novels and short 2-3 book series before I jump into Mr. Jordan’s world for a few months.

A side question:  Does anyone know if Mr. Sanderson is planning to finish out the 3-book prequel series to “The Wheel of Time”?  Mr. Jordan only wrote the first book, “A New Spring” before he passed on, but I know that he was planning for it to be a 3-book series finishing up right before “The Eye of the World” starts.

• @Bardoly:

A side question:  Does anyone know if Mr. Sanderson is planning to finish out the 3-book prequel series to “The Wheel of Time”?  Mr. Jordan only wrote the first book, “A New Spring” before he passed on, but I know that he was planning for it to be a 3-book series finishing up right before “The Eye of the World” starts.

Your question is answered here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxIK993KaU&feature=related

• @Brain:

@Bardoly:

Your question is answered here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxIK993KaU&feature=related

I’m sorry, but China blocks Youtube, so I can’t watch the video that you posted.  If you could download it and then attach it to an e-mail and send it to me, that would be great.

• @Bardoly:

Okay your question is answered here:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=615

• @Brain:

@Bardoly:

Okay your question is answered here:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=615

Thank you.
    I sometimes go to Tor’s website, Brandon Sanderson’s Website, and/or dragonmount, but sometimes it just seems that I can’t find the information that I’m looking for.

• Towers of Midnight Cover Revealed:

Read about it here:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/

• Sweeetttt!!!

THat cover suggest the book will deal with some of my favorite plot lines that I have wanted to see tied up for some time!
    Thanks for sharing that Brain!

• Thanks Brain for sharing this cover with us.  I hope the book comes out soon!

On a side note, I just finished reading the first 3 books in John Ringo and David Weber’s “Empire of Man” on-going series.  I’m trying to find my copy of book 4, “We Few”, so that I can read it, but I’m afraid that I’ve misplaced it.  :-(

Since I’m in China, it’s rather difficult to get books from the US very easily, so I hope that I can find it soon.  I’m just afraid that I left it in the States.  :-(

This series is pretty good, and it is worth reading, although John Ringo did say that this is supposed to be a 7-book series.  :|  I’m both happy and sad, because the books are pretty good, but they’ve been coming out pretty slowly.  At least the end of the third books wraps up the first story arc, so that’s a plus.

The books in the series are as follows:

March Upcountry
    March to the Sea
    March to the Stars
    We Few

• Well, I found my copy of “We Few”, and I’ve already finished it.  It was pretty good, although it was shorter than the first 3 books, and while Mr. Ringo has said that there will be more books in this series, at least this book had a decent conclusion.  Yes, there are a couple of things to wrap up, but this book did finish okay, so that you won’t be on-the-edge-of-your-seat waiting for the next book.

• @Bardoly:

Well, I found my copy of “We Few”, and I’ve already finished it.  It was pretty good, although it was shorter than the first 3 books, and while Mr. Ringo has said that there will be more books in this series, at least this book had a decent conclusion.  Yes, there are a couple of things to wrap up, but this book did finish okay, so that you won’t be on-the-edge-of-your-seat waiting for the next book.

I have heard that Mr. Ringo writes Sci Fi with mature themes. Is this true?

• I dont read too much fantasy, but I like alot of science fiction.

Enders Game and Enders Shadow along with their sequels is probably my favorite series.

I am currently enjoying Issac Azimov’s Foundation series.

• @Brain:

@Bardoly:

Well, I found my copy of “We Few”, and I’ve already finished it.  It was pretty good, although it was shorter than the first 3 books, and while Mr. Ringo has said that there will be more books in this series, at least this book had a decent conclusion.  Yes, there are a couple of things to wrap up, but this book did finish okay, so that you won’t be on-the-edge-of-your-seat waiting for the next book.

I have heard that Mr. Ringo writes Sci Fi with mature themes. Is this true?

Some of his works are, I believe x-rated, but this series is not.  I have not read any of his other books though, but I have only read some reviews of his books.  This series was actually pretty good.  Now, there were a lot of firefights and death in battles, but none of that “sci-fi/harlequin romance” stuff.

• Due out August 31st.

Here is a world with historical depths to rival Tolkien, a deep and compelling cast of characters to rival Jordan, and a complex and involving story with all the head-spinning twists and surprises the young fantasy master has become known for. Sanderson’s unique gifts for imaginative landscapes and distinctive systems of magic and technology have never been more apparent. The Way of Kings is an ambitious and immersive first novel in a series that could ultimately redefine the fantasy landscape.

• I’ve only read “Elantris” by Mr. Sanderson, but it was good.  I have his “Mistborn” trilogy, but I just haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.  From the reviews of his works which I have read, he does seem to be a writer that I would enjoy reading more of.

• I guess you still haven’t read Gathering Storm yet? Great book!

• @Brain:

I guess you still haven’t read Gathering Storm yet? Great book!

Yeah, I’m still holding off for a little while, because first I’m planning on re-reaing the entire series from “The Eye of the World”, so that will take me a while.  I may even try to plan it so that I will finish “The Gathering Storm” right as “The Towers of Midnight” comes out.  That would be great.

So for now, I’m just reading a little of this and a little of that.

I’ve just finished reading, “The Redemption of Althalus” by David Eddings.  While I really enjoyed his Belgariad, Mallorean, Elenium, and Tamuli book series, this stand alone novel was not up to his usual standards.

After I read a couple of the Percy Jackson books, I’m planning on reading David Eddings, “The Dreamers” 4-book series, and I hope that it is as good as the others that I mentioned.

• @Bardoly:

@Brain:

Yeah, I’m still holding off for a little while, because first I’m planning on re-reaing the entire series from “The Eye of the World”, so that will take me a while.  I may even try to plan it so that I will finish “The Gathering Storm” right as “The Towers of Midnight” comes out.  That would be great.

I’ve just finished reading, “The Redemption of Althalus” by David Eddings.  While I really enjoyed his Belgariad, Mallorean, Elenium, and Tamuli book series, this stand alone novel was not up to his usual standards.

After I read a couple of the Percy Jackson books, I’m planning on reading David Eddings, “The Dreamers” 4-book series, and I hope that it is as good as the others that I mentioned.

Have you read any Raymond Feist?

• Those are great authors. Finish the PErcy Jackson series first its a quick read ( a day or so)

• @Brain:

@Bardoly:

@Brain:

Have you read any Raymond Feist?

Absolutely!  I think that I own (and have read, of course) every one of his books except for the newest, “Rides a Dread Legion” which I will buy whenever I get the chance, or I may just wait until the entire series is out, and then purchase it all at once.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Those are great authors. Finish the Percy Jackson series first its a quick read ( a day or so)

Yeah, it’s a good story.  Even though its target audience is more young adult, I enjoyed the first 3 books.  Now I just have to get books 4 and 5.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m