• What I do is always buy a bomber every turn for the USA and each turn bomb Germany economicly and I also have Britian Bombing them as well. With Russia I buy all infantry and push every last person I can towards the Eastern Front(Russia’s view)to help slow the Germans down.

• There is a difference between placing units with the 12 IPCs and buying it first turn. With the 12 IPCs you can put the units anywhere that you already have units, after that, you can only build where there is an IC. (and you can’t build any more of them)

• You think that the original game is balanced ?

Why there is “bidding” on every serious A&A gaming site ?

The original game is biased for the allies like all the variants are.

• The Pro, umm its based on history, its suppose to be imbalanced

• If the games were historically accurate, the axis in the original would have no chance ofwinning. Japan’s land holdings were extremely exaggerated.

• “everything that i said was just a pack of lies” - Napoleon

A&A is pretty good if played by a bunch of ignorant amateurs… if you experienced veterans are so good, why dont u set up your own game… like A&A in space? there’s lotsa room for you to manoeuver around there. Don’t forget, Montgomery got his ass seriously whooped by rommel even though that desert fox guy had half his troops and made more mistakes than Montgomery… war is unpredictable, thats a fact…

• For the sealion: let the UK build subs to protect itself by stalling the german fleet. Move a sub in, submerge without fighting in your turn, not allowing germany to load up troops on his turn.

• I have been able to take britain by sea on the second turn. You gotta fly all of your planes to france so they can make the battle. Of course if you dont roll good or whatver and fail taking it you are dead dead dead. So if u win or lose the game is over quickly. Try it out it doesnt take long because u know the outcome after turn 2 or 3.

• On 2002-04-22 01:21, Anonymous wrote:
    A&A is pretty good if played by a bunch of ignorant amateurs… if you experienced veterans are so good, why dont u set up your own game… like A&A in space? there’s lotsa room for you to manoeuver around there. Don’t forget, Montgomery got his ass seriously whooped by rommel even though that desert fox guy had half his troops and made more mistakes than Montgomery… war is unpredictable, thats a fact…

You telem, Anony!
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    “I’d like a coupla blue 88’s.” - Common request for sodium amitol by G.I. Joes in hospital after the Battle of the Bulge.

• Oops! Guess who.

• Yes, but if you did not have great luck (let me emphasize great) you would of lost your airforce and would be hard pressed to beat Russia.

• germany is and always was weak on her flanks. secure and protect allied oil killing rommel in the process. take bake Fin/Nor and prepare to open a second front.given the pinche size of the map the threat of invasion is enough to hold enough troops in w. europe that the soviets with allied air support(patriotic war) can knock the Nazis back which efectively ends the game. once the soviets move on the offensive the war is over just not the killing. Just like history , imagine that.

• I would say at first that Germany was much stronger because of the amount of tanks and the lack of UK and USA support for the Soviets :cry: . Now I think is it even :D . Last two times I played the Allies I invoked the “Shell Germany back to the stone age method”. All the Allies (USA and UK) need to do is build all destroyers and a few transports that will carry one tank each. I would just beach land on Germany with one just one transport carrying just one tank and bombard with as many destroyers as possible. By round 5 I had UK shelling the Germans with 7 destroyers and just one tank. I did the same with the USA. The reason why this works is in a bombard your destroyers will shoot only once at a 2 for cover support and the one tank that costs only 5 ipcs will fire at a 3. Now this is where Germany gets screwed :D because they can only kill the tank. So in that battle the Allies will only loose one tank while the Germans will lose more (simple economics). This is a good tactic for two reasons one being the simple number losses for the Germans and two and equally as important is that is forces Germany to buy infantry to defend Germany rather then the speedy tanks that attack at a 3 and can be used to aid the down fall of the Soviets. Keep doing this and keep adding destroyers to the attacking group. USA will need at least 3 transports and the UK will need two transports to provide a constant stream of one transport carrying one tank to the German coast.

Now the Soviets can’t run and hide they must attack the German tanks at the right time. Which is when they are defending at a 2 and don’t have allot of infantry that can used for fodder. This is a common tactic with A&A. So the battle between the Soviets and the Germans boils down to who can kill whose tank force first.

The only thing else I can think of is use your 12 ipc at the beginning to match what ever the Germans do. Just to play it safe.

Ultimately its the random rolls of the dice that decides who wins the battle. All you can do is play the percentages.

Hope this helps :D

SEI

• yea Germany do tends to win most of the time. the vicotry condiotions on the E front should be more then Moscow. it should be Moscow, Lenin Grad, and Stalin Grad. and u j\should have to hold them for a turn or 2 just to make it interesting and chalanging.

• Russia gets to place 1 extra inf in Moscow representing Stalin…

• Of the suggested do or die situation in england.

Operation sea lion, wouldn’t succeed if the british player had any brains…

But that hiding the 12ipc is a nice trick, not knowing where it is spent. If the allies were wise when they spotted that the germans made only 1 destroyer and 5 transport, they would sacrifice their planes and fast. Making a first turn attack to the fleet, destroying at least 2-5 transports and crippling the operation sea lion to be very weak…

The americans would reinforce the british by one plane and the soviets would have to begin their turn by strat bombing. If it really looked like the germans would make a try for england…

The british should reinforce their hold on the island, by making infranty, having 25 in the beginning would bring at least 8 infranty to the british + 1 tank from canada.

That tactic would only work if you really were hot in the dice and the british would be very unlucky…

I don’t think it even brings good gaming to throw a way nice game for a long shot on second turn…

hehe…but I think I will try that sometime just to annoy my gaming group :)

• You have to follow history atleast slightly. Pull all russia forces back to your cities and if that wont hold think of puting every man in moscow. That is an incredible amount of defense. It is also key that america and the UK take the sea and put pressure on Germany so they cant devote all their forces and money to killing russia. They might even want to consider shiping planes over that russia can take control of. 8 planes in moscow with a role of 4 or less is incredible defense against tanks. If the Germans are going after russia full force just pull back to moscow and let US and UK take the covoys back, supply troops, and put pressure on Germany. If Germany always wins it is because the people playing US and UK suck at the game.

• You have to follow history atleast slightly. Pull all russia forces back to your cities and if that wont hold think of puting every man in moscow. That is an incredible amount of defense. It is also key that america and the UK take the sea and put pressure on Germany so they cant devote all their forces and money to killing russia. They might even want to consider shiping planes over that russia can take control of. 8 planes in moscow with a role of 4 or less is incredible defense against tanks. If the Germans are going after russia full force just pull back to moscow and let US and UK take the covoys back, supply troops, and put pressure on Germany. If Germany always wins it is because the people playing US and UK suck at the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m