• Official Q&A

@questioneer:

Can Kreighund give us a price list of all the units yet???

No, I can’t get into specifics yet.   :-(

• @Omega:

You guys are too much into maths….

Even at 12, UK will buy Cruisers. Why? Even if Destroyers are superior for defense/offensve (naval), Cruiser has the ability of hitting the ground when dropping troops.

Tanks @ 6ipc. Means you can’t do super stacks of tanks that easily. Means tanks become valuable (which they should be)
    Also, Tanks being a ground unit will reinforce a territory you conquer. You can’t land planes on them, remember?

Technically speaking, Carriers are really really expensive. You will have to build them to control the sea.

About tactical bombers. I’m still not sure how they function. The word “bomber” could be misleading. But if this type of plane can SBR, then it is good (range could be an issue). Otherwise, it must have some sort of ability. (Maybe the boost on armor will be enough to justify their purchase)

One thing is sure, this game will be completly new. Air bases, naval bases, new units, new costs, bigger maps… The game will change. So all these discussions on the costs (Without the actual map) seem to me pointless.

Tanks at 6 mean mech inf at 4 attack AND defend better, making them POINTLESS.

Tac-bombers special ability is not worth the extra inf you could have, making them pointless.

With new carrier cost cruisers may be better at bombarding then using attacking fighters based on carriers even against AA guns like in aa50, but I doubt it, making them pointless.

I already showed why on earlier posts why don’t you prove me wrong with these maths.

• aww cant we all get along? maybe BOTH of you are right

• They both can’t be right. Someone has to be left.

• Actually its three rights that make a left. (dont believe me? turn right three times)

• And 3 lefts make a right? I think this would be true also.

• Yeah, 6 is too much to pay for a tank. The real solution isn’t more expensive tanks, its more options to make Artillery and Infantry more mobile. If Mech Infantry moved were (A1/D2/M2/C4) and had the special power that they could “carry” one other land unit with them (inf or art) then they would be perfect. Tanks would still cost 5, but you’d build fewer because its easier to get infantry to the front lines.

• Make the tank costing 5 1/2 IPCs  :lol:

• 6 IPC is the correct cost for a Tank.

You do get a lot of combat effective firepower for that price.

If Tanks cost 5 IPC, people would use them as candy.

• Do you use them as candy now? No, I think that 5 is the right cost.

• 6 IPC is the correct cost. Du you want more smites ?

• Smite away, Aldertag. Soon I will have more smites than you. Nothing could make me happier.
    So it’s people like you who like dishing out the smites. I guess I globe you means I smite you.
    Smiting is only a sign that someone does not have the capacity to make an intelligent reply to someone else who has a different opinion, or that they are so self-absorbed with themselves that they think that their opinion is the only one that counts, and will punish anyone who dares to differ in opinion. And it’s people like that who like to smite because they think it will hurt that person. For me it is only a count of how many times people cower to me. So smite away if you will, it is only a sign of inferiority on your part.

• Oh yeah, I believe 5 is the right cost

• The problem with a 5 cost is that it would make mechanized infantry not worthwhile. However, with costs of 6 and 4 respectively, neither are worthwhile in my opinion. I would be alright with those costs, but they need to give a new utility to those units, perhaps when used in conjunction. For example, if mech. inf. aren’t supported by artillery, perhaps allow them to be supported by tanks.

• TripleA '12

Yep, or… maybe Tanks will have a new special ability that is as yet undisclosed, which may justify their new 6 IPC cost? Hmmm…

Personally, I like the new cost!  :-) I think it may mean more attacks by Inf & Mech Inf, with the occasional boost by added armour. I would certainly like to try this, anway.

• More spaces, more valuable the movement of 2. 6 IPC tank seems nice

And I have seen some people that buys 5 IPCs tank as candy… sometimes even myself  :-D

• No, all you will succeed in doing is making people buy only infantry.

• 12 attacking infantry will beat 6 defending tanks almost every time. And 12 defending infantry would have to have extremely bad luck to lose to 6 attacking tanks. Do the math yourself. Raising the cost of tanks to 6 will only make them obsolete.

• @Brain:

No, all you will succeed in doing is making people buy only infantry.

Yes, if you are playing the classic MB 1984 edition, then people would buy infantry for sure.

Butt in this edition, you may only place like 4 new units in that territory. So with a 4 unit limit, will you still buy 4 infantry and save the rest, or spend all your money on Tanks ?

Or lets say your factory has been bombed, so you must spend 7 IPC before you can place your first unit. In this case your infantry will cost 10 IPC and your tank will cost 13 IPC. Not a very big difference any more, is it ? Lets say you got the money, do you really want a 10 IPC inf when you can get a 13 IPC tank ?

And when you need to move your army cross an ocean, a tranny only takes 2 units as cargo. So do you fill your trannies with weak infantry or strong tanks ?

I think that all the limits do favour purchases of more expensive and valuable units.

• Infantery is very slow. I’m pretty sure Japan will prefer buying various tanks at Machuria as usual and probably the same will go for SAF or Egypt ICs, if any of these is still a good idea. It will take ages send inf from Germany to Moscow or viceversa, because this map is going to be huge. You will not buy mass of inf as in Classic but also you will not buy tons of tanks as I have seen in Revised and Classic

So the dilemma is not inf vs tank. The dilemma is mechs vs tanks. My bet is any unit will get its use, you need a mix of all types as in AA50. I’m not worried about general rules and, for that Krieg says, China rules will be at least playable. So my only real concern is setup and value of territories, as well as tech rules (I hope no changes saving maybe a 3rd tech tree). The game has a good ruleset thanks to Larry, all depends on how many money and time want WOTC let to playtesting phase. I hope much more than AA50 and AA42, because, specially the later, both have received a very poor testing

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m