• Every great player knows it’s all in the dice! Strategy, who needs that??

-Nick

• obviously the Canadians were the best fighters in the world. Red dice are the best :)

• Red for the blood the enemy will shed.

• We use a mix of dice colors (white, red, black, dark blue, light blue, green, purple, orange, and grey).  Each one designated for its hit value, special attack, or unit differentiation (subs, super subs, shore bombardment, SBR, etc).  That way we can roll the entire attack or defense at once.  It gets interesting when rolling 15+ dice all at the same time.

• We have a mix of Red, White, and Black dice from previous AA games.  There are very useful reasons to use a mix of dice in a game like this.  I think there is some potential to streamline and speads up the game when you have mixed colours.  Also a useful thing that I am sure most people do; we use blue and yellow chips from an old Tripoli game to have chips worth 10 and 20 respectivly.

• I have TONS of dice of all colors and sizes ranging from oversized Yahtzee to miniature red ones to pink dice where the 1 is a heart :-D

• Black on the attack.

• We use a mix of white and red.  Some guys prefer all white to throw, some all red, and some a mix.  I do keep thinking of going to using 10-sided dice though.

• Personally, I won’t play without my FMG Combat Dice!  :)
    They make the game look that much cooler (plus each country gets their own set of dice so there’s no need to move them around the board to the various players) and it’s very satisfying to see a bunch of your countries roundels rolled!

• @blister911:

We use a mix of dice colors (white, red, black, dark blue, light blue, green, purple, orange, and grey).  Each one designated for its hit value, special attack, or unit differentiation (subs, super subs, shore bombardment, SBR, etc).  That way we can roll the entire attack or defense at once.  It gets interesting when rolling 15+ dice all at the same time.

That sounds pretty cool I’ll have to try that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m