• @Imperious:

If you don’t know it already i despise all Eurogames and Fantasy games for a number of reasons…like a Gordon Ramsey complaining about restaurants using too many microwaves and serving deep fried foods. These games are the easy way out and are nothing more than very low level games using borrowed ideas.

You should play Antike, Carcassone or España 1936. The three are pretty, cheap, fast and fun. They have beautiful boards (well, Carcassone has not a real board but still is pretty beautiful). And Antike is way better balanced than A&A games post-Revised

Antike is like a drug, a pity there is not a AABattlemap moudule for it. No capital taking, no chinamen crying for doing something and no dices (a paradise for LL guys, even tech is non-dice in Antike)  :-D

• Chinamen crying?…

• Dices? What? Are we chopping vegetables?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Chinamen crying?…

You are right, they don’t cry. They die before having a chance of crying  :-D (in AA50, 41 scenario, of course)

• China is going to be somewhat important in this next game though

• @Funcioneta:

@Imperious:

If you don’t know it already i despise all Eurogames and Fantasy games for a number of reasons…like a Gordon Ramsey complaining about restaurants using too many microwaves and serving deep fried foods. These games are the easy way out and are nothing more than very low level games using borrowed ideas.

You should play Antike, Carcassone or España 1936. The three are pretty, cheap, fast and fun. They have beautiful boards (well, Carcassone has not a real board but still is pretty beautiful). And Antike is way better balanced than A&A games post-Revised

Antike is like a drug, a pity there is not a AABattlemap moudule for it. No capital taking, no chinamen crying for doing something and no dices (a paradise for LL guys, even tech is non-dice in Antike)  :-D

If we thought those games were better we would all be sharing our thoughts in their forum with all those passionate admirers of the Eurogames, but I guess they don’t have one and so that is why you are posting here about games that are better than A&A. Tell it to somebody who’s listening.

• @Brain:

If we thought those games were better we would all be sharing our thoughts in their forum with all those passionate admirers of the Eurogames, but I guess they don’t have one and so that is why you are posting here about games that are better than A&A. Tell it to somebody who’s listening.

I guess they are not played on-line mainly because they can be played face to face in a lone session of 2-4 hours  :-)

And I said better balanced, not better in general  :wink:

• Heres something we can ALL agree on Axis and Allies is more fun than risk!

• @Funcioneta:

I guess they are not played on-line mainly because they can be played face to face in a lone session of 2-4 hours  :-)

And I said better balanced, not better in general  :wink:

Axis and Allies Rules!

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Heres something we can ALL agree on Axis and Allies is more fun than risk!

Yep  :-)

• I love it, not too complex but not shallow either, just right to give you a good fun game for a couple hours.

• Yeah but they should have optional advanced more complex rules as well.

• I think I have seen on the web somewhere where a guy will sell you rules for the original AA where they added some pretty complex things. Also have you ever heard of Third Reich (I think that is what the game is called)? That is about as hardcore as you can get. I like where the game is at, it is not complex to the point where you can still convert Risk fans to play the game yet it takes a good amount of time to master it. IDK, I think Larry has hit a good medium with the way it is, but that is my opinion.

• I love the game as it is also, but sometimes I want a little bit more.

• I agree. I’m probably the only one that does this, but I like repeating history when it comes to Axis and Allies. So for me I just make my own house rules and what not to make it seem more historically accurate. I usually come up with ideas from what you guy post on here.

What would be really intresting would be an Atomic bomb rule, but I guess with tournaments and stuff it would be too big of an advantage. Not to mention complicated

• Heavy bombers are similar to an A-Bomb

• True, especially when it comes to attacking a capitol, have the enemey spend more IPC on repairs rather than forces

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m