• Official Q&A

It’s not as clear in the AA50 rules.  That’s why it was clarified in the FAQ:

Q. Exactly when is the decision made whether or not to submerge submarines?
    A. The decision whether to submerge submarines is made before any dice are rolled by either side in an exchange of fire, and the subs submerge immediately.  The attacker decides before the defender does.

• Doh!  :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

I would give myself a -1 karma if I could.

As always, thank you Krieghund.

Now if only you could improve on the response time!  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

(It’s a joke just in case you didn’t get it).

• Wow, I must have completely overlooked it in the FAQ.  That’s all we needed to know.  Thanks again, Krieg!!!

• '16 '15 '10

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but how do subs function in defensive situations.

Let’s say USSR ncms their sub to SZ2.  Then Germany attaks SZ2 with a fig, bomb, sub.  Does Germany get to choose whether to engage the Russian sub, or is the Russian sub automatically on the battle board since it’s in the SZ?

• No, Russia chooses whether the sub will fight or not.
    If there is no enemy destroyer, a sub may choose to submerge before combat starts.

• '16 '15 '10

Ok tks for the clarification.

If the Allies can keep the sub on the board, then this attack seems rather risky for Germany–in order to be successful the bomber would need to survive and that would require either an above average roll at some point, or the bb missing.  Nonetheless its tempting enough for Axis that UK should plan for the contingency…

I think I’d rather send the sub after the free Canadian transport and concentrate on my air on the Med.

• Yes, I don’t do that attack anymore (1942 - attack on Russian sub and battleship)
    I had a good player quit in the first round against me not too long ago.
    One of the attacks that went wrong for him was this one.  Fighter, bomber, sub on battleship and sub.
    There are better uses for the bomber then taking this roughly 50/50 risk.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m