• I was hoping to hear some stories about the last game you played. What was the deciding battle? Who won?

• In the last game I played in the 42 scenario my son (1st time playing Germany) made a huge blunder 1st round. Besides his missed attempt to take out the UK BB,DD & transport in sz 2 (bad roll). He didn’t take out the British DD & CR in sz 12 or the DD in sz 15. Also didn’t get the ftr in Egypt. Bye bye Italian navy. Hello nearly unstoppable British navy.

• Our first time playing AA50 we chose 1942 scenario, no NO, yes to tech even though no one rolled for it.

6 player game:

USSR: played Revised somewhat, but consider newbie in terms of experience
    UK: played Revised somewhat, but consider newbie in terms of experience
    US: played Classic & Revised, the person who introduced myself and my friend to the joys of AA, also a brilliant person, the person Axis was worried about the most

German: played Classic, never played revised but a game addict, poker player, usually plays aggressive, newbie
    Italy: myself, played Classic, Revised but I would still consider myself as newbie
    Japan: played Revised, conservative player, newbie

Turn 1:

Japan does it’s normal attacks but has the airforce in place to land in Cau, just in case.
    Russia buys 8 inf, fortifies Karelia, leaves open Cau, no attacks.
    Germany sees the opening to Cau, takes it heavy.
    UK buys fleet tries to put pressure on Germany.
    Italy reinforces Cau with everything possible.
    US buys fleet but still too far away.

Turn 2:

Japan does some attacks but lands it’s ftrs in Cauc.  Heavy fortification.
    Russia in trouble buys more inf and tries to hold Moscow.
    Germany buys arms in Cau, does some attacks but all forces being deployed to Eastern front.
    UK lands in Norway, France.
    Italy takes back France,
    US starts to come around.

Turn 3:

Japan is stalling in China due to lack of airforce but does enough to survive and goes through Russian territory instead of India or China.
    Russia is in trouble and stacks.
    UK takes out the Italian fleet (my mistake in not seeing the counter attack).
    Italy buys land units, uses ftr to remove some UK navy loses ftr.
    US is in Europe!

Turn 4:

More builds by everyone.

Turn 5:
    Japan/Germany in position to take out Russia 1-2 punch, Russia taken with no counter attack in sight.

Game is over with Axis win.

This game only worked due to Russia having Cau open, and at the sacrifice of Italy/Japan reinforcine Cauc.

China was running free without the Japanese ftrs being available for attack.

Our gaming sessions are short 5-6 hours so everyone plays differently due to time constraints.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Lol, Wild Bill, using your kid as target practice and then seemingly mocking his fruitless efforts on the AA boards, is something even I wouldn’t stoop as low as to do!!!

Lolololol

My last game, 1941 Tech Tourny, my opponent resigned after first two battles.  losing to the bat in sz2 and losing egy.

I never even got to move a piece! :(

• My last game of '42 was a 2 v. 2 among my FTF group, and I was one of the Allied players. The U.S. captured Japan on the third turn…  :roll:

• @Gargantua:

Lol, Wild Bill, using your kid as target practice and then seemingly mocking his fruitless efforts on the AA boards, is something even I wouldn’t stoop as low as to do!!!

Lolololol

My son is 18, and he was my ally. I guess I should have given him some help, but he bitches if I get to involved in his play. Lesson learned.

• Italy taking America!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow Bill, that’s Wild.

I misread your post :p

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m