Actual AA pacific 1940 map pictures

• @johnnymarr:

was the board fold out or seperate like AA50?

The map was one big rolled out jpeg printed version.

Not sure how it will look as the finished product.

• squirecam: How many men did you lose in the battle getting those pictures?

Lt Hanley will send you some replacements for your platoon.

Everyone should give him some +1’s on karma!

• @Funcioneta:

Yea, China’s map seems promising. Let’s hope chinese rules and setup are better than in AA50. Let’s pray at least same level of rules than old AAPacific

Come on, Larry, you can do this time!

I love those neutral mongolians printed on map, and also the Dutch national markers  :-)

Mongolia is cool looking on the map.

Any Larry assured me the Flying Tigers are well protected with infantry this time.

• @Imperious:

squirecam: How many men did you lose in the battle getting those pictures?

Lt Hanley will send you some replacements for your platoon.

Everyone should give him some +1’s on karma!

Several did not make it back home. But the hill was taken nonetheless.

Larry has promised more info soon so stay tuned.

• Official Q&A

@johnnymarr:

was the board fold out or seperate like AA50?

It folds.

• '10

thanks krieg

• @Funcioneta:

I love those neutral mongolians printed on map, and also the Dutch national markers  :-)

we may have to dig some more on the ‘neutrality’ of mongolia, there appears to be a couple of territories in there with IPC values and INF silhouettes or setup numbers of INF.  hmmmm….  Plus with it broken into multiple territories they may not be as neutral as previously believed…

• @LuckyDay:

@Funcioneta:

we may have to dig some more on the ‘neutrality’ of mongolia, there appears to be a couple of territories in there with IPC values and INF silhouettes or setup numbers of INF.  hmmmm….  Plus with it broken into multiple territories they may not be as neutral as previously believed…

That inf silhouette states how many pop up there if you attack Mongolia. If the japanese attack it, then the allies control Mongolia.

• thanks for the clarification there, my eyes must be going or something….

interesting though then, if mongolia is playable, then perhaps spain, sweden, turkey, saudi arabia, and S. America may come into play on the larger scale game.

• Very nice looking 8-)

Glad to see that it is large as a table.

• Holy apple! This is going to be HUGE!!!

So do you think its a good idea to pre-prder. Or just wait when it comes out to order? (I will order it at coolgameinc.com

Robert

• Starting IPC count

Austrailia: 9
    Canada: 2
    China: 10 (+6 burma road)
    French: 2
    Japan: 26
    Netherlands: 11
    Soviet Union: 9
    United Kingdom: 18
    United States: 17/57

• @squirecam:

Notes:

Japan should be at war with the US by turn 3. UK can attack japan earlier (turn 1) but that will not trigger the US at war setting. [You cant just get USA at 50 IPC by attacking with the british]

The russian territories are useless for AAP40 but will be used in the “global” version.

French Indo China is indeed French !

What do you mean by turn 3 Japan should be at war with the US, what in the game makes this a likly outcome?

• @LuckyDay:

interesting though then, if mongolia is playable, then perhaps spain, sweden, turkey, saudi arabia, and S. America may come into play on the larger scale game.

Yep, seems confirmed that neutrals are in play this time. It can be interesting, specially in South America; if japs can attack there, they can create a big mess against USA, I doubt USA can ignore Japan this time, not only because this, but also because the bigger scope of the game. The game seems very promising indeed, in special for PBEM game (FTF will be more difficult, you could need a whole weekend to end a game)

I wonder wich country will join Spain if attacked by axis. I doubt Franco wanted join english so maybe USA. Or maybe republican resistance coups Franco and join USSR … that could fit specially before USA joins the war. Maybe Spain is more of 1 territory this time, as Mongolia? Let’s wait and see …  :-)

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Starting IPC count

Why only 10 for China?
    I can see 12 Chinese territories, 1 IPC worth each…

• Wow the map is big.  But then again this isnt the board, it looks like a glossy picture of the board.  What intrigues me about it is the massive amount of dutch colonies, will the netherlands be a playable country or is this just a piece for the AAP40 board?
    Also, I know this sounds weird, but I would never attack America as Japan, but I bet Larry has an ace up his sleeve to force my Japanese hand.
    All in all the board looks huge, and it will be interesting to be taller and more square than any other one.

• @Real:

Wow the map is big.  But then again this isnt the board, it looks like a glossy picture of the board.  What intrigues me about it is the massive amount of dutch colonies, will the netherlands be a playable country or is this just a piece for the AAP40 board?
    Also, I know this sounds weird, but I would never attack America as Japan, but I bet Larry has an ace up his sleeve to force my Japanese hand.
    All in all the board looks huge, and it will be interesting to be taller and more square than any other one.

IIRC, attacking the brits will cause the USA to go to war, The Brits attacking Japan first will NOT cause the USA to go to war.

The USA will have some “forced” incentive to move ships to pearl, or somehow to allow for an attack. Larry was non-specific about it, but said the USA will have ships “forward” because it has to.

@Emperor_Taiki:

What do you mean by turn 3 Japan should be at war with the US, what in the game makes this a likly outcome?

See above. Attacking Borneo leads to war with both. Also, if Japan sits and never attacks, those islands give the UK so much income, when Japan does move, its too late.

Thus, Japan will have to attack by turn 3, maybe 4 if you are pushing it.

• Customizer

@Emperor_Taiki:

Starting IPC count

Ok, so does that mean this is a 9 player game?  just kidding, but i should would hate to be canada or france.
    How does it break down though, are some of these players neutral?  Which ones?
    Is it like a 3 player game then,
    Japan
    USA
    China + UK + USSR + Netherlands + French + Australian + Canada
    ?

Also, when exactly does the USA get to enter the war?  Is it only when Japan attacks them?  If that was so, I would wait as Japan until I had conquered everyone else.  Is it like a turn limit, example: turn 3 unless Japan attacks you before then?

Lastly
    I seem to get the feeling from some of the conversations here that you can combine this AA Pacific, with AA Europe, and thereby play the entire world?  True?

• yes all of this in in the fact sheet. read it.

You can combine both maps and make a huge game.

• @Veqryn:

@Emperor_Taiki:

Starting IPC count

Ok, so does that mean this is a 9 player game?  just kidding, but i should would hate to be canada or france.

French Indo China will be lost obviously, and the allies (UK) will be controlling them. UK will control France even in the “global game”. Who wants to lose your country on turn 1 anyway?

How does it break down though, are some of these players neutral?  Which ones?
    Is it like a 3 player game then,
    Japan
    USA
    China + UK + USSR + Netherlands + French + Australian + Canada
    ?

Japan is the only axis player. UK will control “france” and Anzac (Aus/NZ) while USA can control China. So 3 players (instead of 5) is probably normal.

The USSR territories are for “map effect” only. They have no place in the AAP40 game and are only utilized in the “global” game.

Also, when exactly does the USA get to enter the war?  Is it only when Japan attacks them?  If that was so, I would wait as Japan until I had conquered everyone else.  Is it like a turn limit, example: turn 3 unless Japan attacks you before then?

See above. You attack UK, it’s like you attacked USA.

Lastly
    I seem to get the feeling from some of the conversations here that you can combine this AA Pacific, with AA Europe, and thereby play the entire world?  True?

Yep. AAE40 will be out next year.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m