• Founder TripleA Admin

As you ahve noticed I have been working on upgrading this site. This decision was forced upon me when I accidently erased all of the content on the site while performing maintenance.

I have a backup of all the old strategies etc, but I’ve been working on finalizing the new UI before putting the content back up.

So, what do you think of the new UI? My major concern is download speed and the amount of real estate the header takes up. I actually might start working on reducing the header before I get any responses.

Thanks,

• 2 Things:

1. Throw out the old strategies. We’ll make new ones (even if I have to do a dozen myself).

2. It Looks great. Are you going to put a Navigation bar or something in that large wood-style thingy on the top right of the page? If not, maybe we could put a “Thought of the day” or “Featured Forum Topic” or something there.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, something like that. Sure these are all good ideas. However, the original idea is for banners. Stuff to generate some revenue so that I can keep running this site. :-)

• Founder TripleA Admin

AS for the strategies. I was thinking of having a voting system and order the display based on votes. This would thereby float the good strategies to the top and the bad ones at the bottom. Bottom feeding strategies would then be considered for elimination.

I’m also working on a design for content management so that I can more quickly and more automatically update the site.

• I was wondering, why did you choose the wooden backround?

• As you know, i am in favor of changing/upgrading the “strategies” page.
    With regards to banners etc. - again do whatever you want. You know your audience, so shoot for the banners that will interest them. (Avalon Hill, Ebay, Amazon, other video games and strategy games).
    With regards to the header, if you find things faster with a simpler header, then by all means go with it.
    my 2 cents.

• David,
    Drop me an email if you’re interested in exchanging banners. Maybe we could work something out. I could do some free Flash animation for you if you want. I’d be more than willing to give you some advertising space on my site. :P

Think about it.

• Now that I think of it, it is a good place for a banner.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@GeZe:

I was wondering, why did you choose the wooden backround?

I chose the wooden background to make it look like a game on a table top. Notice the borders of the “game boards” are like those of the game.

• First of all, DJensen, thanks for all the work on this groovin website! And especially for bringing it back from cyberhades.

The new home page looks crisp & colorful. Nice stuff.
    The banner space (woodgrain) makes sense for sponsors, advertisers like eBay, gaming companies, etc.

can’t access the “Strategy” page, can sorta recall how it was set up, etc…. the voting system is a good idea, if you think it’s worth the labor. Guess it will improve the overall level of play among members & guests.

A question from the rabble (me):
    1. what in heck is “UI”?? User Interface? Usual Intropage? Universal Intro?

• User Interface. :P

• Founder TripleA Admin

How about Ultimate Iguana? :D

User Interface is correct.

• Founder TripleA Admin

What do people think about the removal of the rollovers? Are they missed or do you prefer the page load speed enhancement?

• Changed name to something more fitting…

• LOL I was wondering who had changed it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m