• I know this is not a board game but since the camping season has finally arrived in upstate New York (Our last frost advisory was in the middle of May and most of June and July have been our spring) I don’ t foresee myself at home much on the weekends.

My wife and I like to pick up card games for camping since they are a little easier to play in the uneven surfaces camping environments provide us with.

This year we added Monopoly Deal to the team.  Here is the basic run down:

Each player gets 5 cards to hold in his or her hand.  Each turn you can play up to 3 cards.  You have a few card types, action cards, property cards and money.

Property cards are obvious they have the name of the property on them.  When an action card is played you choose the player that has to comply.  So for example I play a rent action card the other player has to pay the rent for the property I played the card for.

Each player keeps a place for playing money cards.  This is where the rent you owe comes from.  (You are not allowed to play cards from your hand unless it is your turn.)

The goal of the game is to play 3 complete sets of properties.  Since it’s just my wife and I most of the time we play 4 or 5 sets.  The game takes about 20 minutes to play.

I like this one a lot.  If you like monopoly but like the quicker pace of Uno this is a good compromise.

LT

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m