• I read about people using AAA to see how certain strats go.  Please share what AAA is.  I would like to use it and get an upper hand on my regular playing mates. LOL

• No such thing as AAA. Its called AA50. Thats why your confused.

• I think that you are thinking of TripleA. Which got shut down recently. :-P

• Well, it’s not completely shut down yet…

This is a link to download the stable version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wn3mjmen3yk

The unstable version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wzvnmlw1uej "

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

And there will always be players willing to send the program out for free to any who ask.  Some people just love it, no matter how screwed up and buggy it is. (Yes, I just took a dig at it, deal with it!  I’m a die hard Battlemapper and you’ll only change my mind when you make something BETTER, not slightly worse, but prettier.)

Seriously though, until there’s a commercial version of TripleA with significantly less bugs and/or more features than TripleA, there will be people giving out the program free.  Just like people still exist with Dogs of War. (DoW is axis and allies, but classic only and the AI is actually smart, unlike TripleA who would lose to a vegetable.)

• Customizer

battlemap and tripleA are completely different jen,

battlemap is just a map
    easy to use, no bug, comes pre-setup for the game you want to play.

tripleA is a full setup game + lobby
    has a lobby to find people, has rules hard-coded, dice get rolled for you

they are completely different
    (and I don’t like battlemap because there is no lobby to find players)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Veqryn:

battlemap is just a map

Yes, Battlemap is a way for players to play each other.  TripleA is a prettier version of Battlemap with less functionality but comes equipped with an AI (which sometimes prevents you from performing legal moves)

• Customizer

@Cmdr:

@Veqryn:

battlemap is just a map

Yes, Battlemap is a way for players to play each other.  TripleA is a prettier version of Battlemap with less functionality but comes equipped with an AI (which sometimes prevents you from performing legal moves)

where exactly is the lobby? there is none

• @Veqryn:

@Cmdr:

@Veqryn:

battlemap is just a map

where exactly is the lobby? there is none

Here it is.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=52.0

• I’m currently play testing changes and improvements in the TripleA AI, but the AI in TripleA should be disregarded until it is decent and competitive, and that will take a lot of work, or luck.
    I can’t say it won’t be done in the near or distant future, but the AI in TripleA is not interesting at all compared to all the other options TripleA has compared to the only other live game which can compete with TripleA, which is GTO.

The only feature which is better in GTO is the graphics, everything else sucks, imo. And GTO does not have a working version of AA50. Also, even if the AI in TripleA is very weak, it is actually developing, and I’m part of the process, not the coding, but the play testing part. GTO have nothing near the options of an open source philosophy game platform like GNU/GPL.

TripleA is a game, but battlemap is not a game, it’s just a map.

• @Cmdr:

Yes, Battlemap is a way for players to play each other.  TripleA is a prettier version of Battlemap with less functionality but comes equipped with an AI (which sometimes prevents you from performing legal moves)

Funny, I found the dice rolling, built in movement restrictions, IPC calculations and built in options to mean that TripleA has MORE functionality, not less.  But I guess I need to know what crazy definition of functionality your using.  Care to entertain?

:?

• @bongaroo:

@Cmdr:

Yes, Battlemap is a way for players to play each other.  TripleA is a prettier version of Battlemap with less functionality but comes equipped with an AI (which sometimes prevents you from performing legal moves)

Funny, I found the dice rolling, built in movement restrictions, IPC calculations and built in options to mean that TripleA has MORE functionality, not less.  But I guess I need to know what crazy definition of functionality your using.  Care to entertain?

:?

Win.

• I think some people even use AAA for anti-aircraft artillery.

• I don’t know i get a bug in battlemap that messes with the maps until I delete some file, forget the details though but it alone annoyed me enough not to use it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m