• Nice Idea :)

that would be cool

• Founder TripleA Admin

The only problem with chat rooms is that they put a lot of load on the server. :(

• Hmm, maybe we can make an IRC room and put a link to it on the page.

I’ve written a simple dice roller in C#, you have to manually remove losses, it doesn’t email results, and I haven’t taken subs into account.
    But if both players could view it, then there wouldn’t be a problem with the removing of losses.
    I’ve wanted to do more with it, like automatically remove losses, add the email stuff but just haven’t had the time to really make it more
    “presentable” and “user friendly”, but it serves its purpose if all the players could simultaneously see it.

• Do you know any code to email it to someone? Removing Casualties isn’t hard, want me to write a few functions for you?

• Just an idea: Let’s make it in Flash:
    1.) Very flexible to work with.
    2.) Scores/stats could easily be stored in a database.
    3.) Minimal server load. (Bandwidth ain’t cheap, right Djensen? :wink:)
    4.) Looks pretty. :P

Anyways, just a thought. Keep up the good ideas!

• I’m currently studying Perl and could help out. I think I know of a class that’s very good for managing graphics, if you’d like to create a world map. With Perl, I know how to save things ot files, which is an alternative to e-mailing but I could findo ut how to e-mail the results as well.

I’ll register an IRC room for us if you guys want me to. I even have a protection bot.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I’ll keep them under consideration. As for the language I’ll be using for development, it will be Java. C# is a propriatary MS product that only runs on one platform so I will not be using that. Perl is good but does not fit easily into the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture that I want to use.

As for the idea of using Flash, I might consider doing something like that.

• Ya Java is the best

• I have some string and a dozen paper cups I could donate to the effort for warpspeed post-apocalyptic telecommunications here… said the eccentric geezer who hadn’t messed with software programming in many moons. Oh, and if anybody on this site needs eyewitness accounts of events that occurred prior to 1982, just let me know.

So, have any of you stalwart warriors surfed axisandallies.org via wi-fi?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m