TRying to tweak unit settings in aaa

• Hi guys, trying to put a custom unit ability into AAA

Simply put i would like cruisers to have an AA ability. Its a house rule we want to test.

I’ve got into the xml file and seen where the unit stats are but simply putting

<option name=“isAA” value=“true”>Causes the game to crash out on loading

Anyone know how i can do this?</option>

• If it is TripleA xml files? You better ask some of the developers on http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

• Yeah it is Subotai

Thanks for the link :mrgreen:

• I’ve also been browsing over here lately too.  If you’ll past the JAVA exception message in a post, I’ll see what it’s telling us.

• games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Invalid Unit Attatchemnnt blitz:false bombard:true aa:true air:false factory:false sea:true strategicBomber:false sub:false attack:3 carrierCapactity:-1 carrierCost:-1 defense:3 movement:2 transportCapacity:-1 transportCost:-1  destroyerfalse
    at games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment.validate(UnitAttachment.java:436)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseAttachments(GameParser.java:1077)
    at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:126)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.<init>(NewGameChooserEntry.java:27)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.createEntry(NewGameChooserModel.java:128)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populateFromDirectory(NewGameChooserModel.java:154)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populate(NewGameChooserModel.java:46)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.<init>(NewGameChooserModel.java:30)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:217)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:60)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner2$1.run(GameRunner2.java:55)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)</init></init></init>

• You’re trying to create a unit that’s not allowed in the game.  There are certain combinations of unit attachments that aren’t allowed, specifically you’re trying to create a sea unit that is also AA.

Here are the general rules:
    if Sea, you can’t be AA, air, factory, strategic bomber, carried by a carrier or transport, or marine.

If Land, you can’t be bomber, sub, carry anything (carrier capacity or transport capacity), bombard.

If Air, you can’t be sea, factory, sub, AA, transported by a transport, transport other air, blitz, bombard, or marine.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of changing some of this (e.g. have an air suppression sea unit), but it’ll be a while before I can get to that point.

Hope that helps.

• CHeers comrade, i thought it might be something like that. no problemo and thanks for looking.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m