TripleA still up and running! Many players online.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Sent you a PM Subo.  I think you are confused on my meaning.

I think it is a shame what happen to TripleA.  I actually liked the graphics for the latest Revised one.  I didn’t get the AA50 yet, was waiting for stable release.

I have to say the TripleA developers were/are great, in the past they included the function to post turns directly to the forum which was extremely helpful.  Not sure if that was still active though.  But still they were open to anything that would help on-line play.  IMO any aesthetics issues (graphics) were secondary to the fact that it made on-line play very easy.

• @ Jennifer, yes we can either have that discussion on pm, or another thread.

As for TripleA, I don’t think it will be shut down, I think/hope that the developing process can continue, but not at sourceforge. And a stable 1.0.4 including AA50 is not far away. The devs can also continue the bug fixing on their own, and releasing the updates, and/or a stable version when it is finished.

It’s been a week since the DMCA takedown notice, and TripleA stable+unstable has had over 600 downloads until now.

Maybe Hasbro/Wotc will release a software version, but I don’t believe it until I see it.

If they do release a new version of their software, I hope it is at least stable enough to host a 5 player game!  The MSN Gaming zone just could not! (It did great for X-Wing vs TIE Fighter though!)

• Me and my friends are using the unstable versione 1.0.3.4 and it works really well. There are some bugs to solve, for example about the fleet movement.

We are also sending the email proposed by Veqryn at the email addresses he provided.

I hope that a lot of people join this initiative TripleA developers deserve at least a minimum effort in trying to explain how they have contributed to the A&A community even if they are not Hasbro employee and do not allow Hasbro to make money directly.

• Man, looks like this thread is pretty much dead.  At least the TripleA lobby is still up and running.  aabigdog44 could you put that info about the electronic rights to axis and allies belonging to Atari on the TripleA development site?  I’ll link your post on the forums to it.

• Customizer

I suggest you slightly change my email message or write a new version.  Unless we can get a shit-ton of people to spam petition emails to hasbro (doubtful given the current complete lack of enthusiasm), personalized and empathetic emails will suit our case much better.

Thank you to anyone who sent emails.

• I have made only a slight modification, but from mine group of friend (users of our italian forum) we are sending quite the same email.

I am trying to convince the most people is possible.

• I’ve sent some emails to explain my dismay.  Hasbro can say bye bye to any further purchases from me.

• The issue here is that:

The chimps at Wotc won’t help any hypothetical upcoming official software game release with that letter to shutdown TripleA, b/c TripleA will be changed in some small details, so it will still live on and evolve, if the coders want to work on it. The only way Hasbro/Wotc can out-compete or get rid of TripleA is by making a better product.

But the chimps at Wotc can’t read, so they have not read the Origin of the Species. They don’t know what evolution is. The way the laws of the nature works is that you don’t get rid of competition by man made law, but to evolve better than the competitors, adapt or die. The laws of nature are much more relevant than judicial laws.

That’s why there’s a great chance that any official software version from Hasbro/Wotc will not be better than TripleA.
    What to expect from chimps, I mean, we departed from the chimps 5.000.000 years ago, but there are some leftovers, like Hasbro/Wotc employees.

• The issue here is that:

The chimps at Wotc won’t help any hypothetical upcoming official software game release with that letter to shutdown TripleA, b/c TripleA will be changed in some small details, so it will still live on and evolve, if the coders want to work on it. The only way Hasbro/Wotc can out-compete or get rid of TripleA is by making a better product.

But the chimps at Wotc can’t read, so they have not read the Origin of the Species. They don’t know what evolution is. The way the laws of the nature works is that you don’t get rid of competition by man made law, but to evolve better than the competitors, adapt or die. The laws of nature are much more relevant than judicial laws.

That’s why there’s a great chance that any official software version from Hasbro/Wotc will not be better than TripleA.
    What to expect from chimps, I mean, we departed from the chimps 5.000.000 years ago, but there are some leftovers, like Hasbro/Wotc employees.

My god man i love your style!

This prose is a beautiful use of sarcasm. Keep up the chimp talk. Id love it for WOTC to become associated with chimps in the everyday lexicon of common usage as payback for the angst they have caused the public for such shortsighted and stupid practices. I have started this trend a number of years ago. If you google WOTC chimps you will find a number of my posts.

I would hope that WOTC is always addressed ….as Chimps

• @Imperious:

I would hope that WOTC is always addressed ….as Chimps

What about the poor chimps? They might not like to be associated with WOTC and throw a lawsuit at you for slander and libel  :-D

• Your assuming they are not chimps? Since they are chimps how can they be upset? They certainly are not upset about not lifting a finger to market their AA products. Certainly not upset about the rubbish manner they conduct business. These are the things they should be worried about.

I will send them more bananas to placate them. Chimps go wild over such things.

• @Imperious:

Your assuming they are not chimps? Since they are chimps how can they be upset? They certainly are not upset about not lifting a finger to market their AA products. Certainly not upset about the rubbish manner they conduct business. These are the things they should be worried about.

I will send them more bananas to placate them. Chimps go wild over such things.

Well, we didn’t evolve from chimps, but had a common ancestor, and in my opinion chimps got the better end of evolution than we. Just look at it: to make them happy just throw the chimps some bananas, in our case we need television and internet and living in crowded cities and gasoline prices and laws and a bunch of other things. While chimps just stand on the tree branch doing nothing and when they are hungry just stretch their arms to get a banana or something.
    Hmmm…now that I think of it Wotc and Hasbro aren’t much different from chimps: just release their products and wait at their offices for the money… and if someone is also taking bananas from the tree, get a rock and throw at the trespassers.

Oh well, I guess we never ceased to be monkeys after all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24

• LMFAO!!!

• I received an official response from Wizards of the Coast to my email (organized as Veqryn suggested).

They said:

Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

Wizards of the Coast has licensed Axis & Allies and other Avalon Hill games to GameTableOnline.com for online play. We encourage Avalon Hill fans to visit Game Table Online to continue their online play experience.

So, I suppose there is not any planning of doing computer games or other. The reason for the legal action agaisnt TripleA is that GTO has the license for online play.

:-(

• Screw that.  I’m not paying money everytime I want a competitive game of Axis and Allies.  TripleA will live on underground I reckon.

• 2007 AAR League

As i said, they can stuff it…  No more buys for me, they mishandled the Aniversery edition (limited edition ftl) and the tripleA issue.

So screw them lets make sure tripleA stays online one way or the other.

• @Imperious:

This prose is a beautiful use of sarcasm. Keep up the chimp talk.

Thx man, you invented the chimp metaphor/concept for Hasbro/Wotc employees.

Now, this clip is similar to how Hasbro attacks TripleA :-))   or any other freeware software version which makes it possibly to play A&A on a PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKpZUsRJWBg

Although the (real) chimpanzees use only a couple of minutes to solve this problem, Wotc/Hasbro chimps would not solve this problem as fast as our ancestors in this video clip.

We all know that there are people who will send the program around anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m