• ???

• Heavy…. as in obese?

hmmm… A1 D1 Move 0.5 Cost $6 (double rations) and they have the “special attack” of reducing IPC income from wherever they’re posted as they convert the war economy into fast-food outlets.

• yah, what does Heavy Infantry even mean?

• I was thinking of Jabba the Hutt sculpts with a Vibro Ax.

Seriously, “Heavy” as in bugger guns, like heavy tanks or artillery, duh.

Attack 2, defend 3, move 1, cost 5, or something like that.  Soldier holding a huge belt-fed machine gun or a bazooka or something.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Seriously, “Heavy” as in bugger guns, like heavy tanks or artillery, duh.

Attack 2, defend 3, move 1, cost 5, or something like that.  Soldier holding a huge belt-fed machine gun or a bazooka or something.

This is an imaginary unit type, there was no such thing, all infantry weather they were ariborne, engineers, marine, mountain, mounted, motorized, mechanized, conscripts, regular or elite had heavy weapons.

There was not one division of infantry that had all rifles and submachine guns and another with all the hand-held anti-tank weapons and 50 cal machine guns.

Almost all the different types of small arms  showed up at the platoon level.

This is different from heavy armor and artillery as they did have their own orgnaization and a unique role on the battlefeild,

also the stats you gave this unit are riduculous as it costs as much as a tank and  is worse in all respects

this unit does not add strategy or realism to the game, so why would it be added?

• Who’s talking about “all .50 cal”.  That was just what the piece would look like.  It wouldn’t signify that everfyone had a .50 cal anymore than a tank means that an armored division had nothing but tanks.

Also, I’m pretty sure there were heavy weapons units in WWII. Perhaps they weren’t division size, but there were specific units designated to handle heavy weaponry.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

Also, I’m pretty sure there were heavy weapons units in WWII. Perhaps they weren’t division size, but there were specific units designated to handle heavy weaponry.

There were things like anti-tank battalions, but these were not  infantry, they had anti-tank artillery or were self-propelled tank destroyers. I would be  for adding this unit type to the game, and give it a specail abilty to target tanks.

Otherwise there were not organized infantry units specifically desgined for the destruction of tanks or that soley carried medium and heavy machine guns.

in infantry units  soldiers specailized in certain types of weapons, but thats below even the squad level at the individual level. That is just not the scale of A&A, and so there is no way of adding a meaingfull “Heavy Infantry” unit as your atempt exemplified.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

and so there is no way of adding a meaingfull “Heavy Infantry” unit as your atempt exemplified.

…you know, you don’t have to be so condescending.

• I am sorry, i do not mean to attack anyone

I didnt think i was being condesending, everyone has bad idea’s, and that includes myself

i am just speaking from my point of veiw, and that is that i would never have such a unit in my game

• Well for me, heavy infantry means Panzergrenadier, SS division & Russian shock army.

cost = 4
    att = 1 (attack at 2 in the first round of combat)
    def = 2 (defend at 3 in the first round fo combat)
    move = 1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m