• Back from Origins.

Word is that AA42 will not be sold/available in time for Gencon (Mid-August) and probably not be available for a demo either.

As usual, WOTC plays things close to the vest, so they may decide on a last minute demo. But currently its not happening…

• I feel the game WILL definatly make its appearance, but they don’t want the TMZ people showing up so they say that to keep them away. Just have the TV cameras ready with Ryan Seacrest. They must be defeated as they were last time. Hopefully some bloke will snag the rules right off the table ,scan them and post them before Agent Smith appears and whisks the game away ala GenCon 2008.

So whoever goes to Gen CON make sure your prepared to document the game for the rest of us.

• I’ll be there with my microfilm.

• @Imperious:

….but they don’t want the TMZ people showing up

No man, they dont care about TMZ. They dont want Frank Xeno or the Eagle Games people showing up. That are the bad guys. TMZ are nice, and Greg knows this.

• They dont want Frank Xeno or the Eagle Games people showing up

Neither of them would show up because these are penny-anny operations. They would have to sell the company to pay for the plane ticket to even show up.

BTW: Frank Xeno has been dead for like 5 years if not more. I guess his ghost can show up and take pictures

• @Imperious:

BTW: Frank Xeno has been dead for like 5 years if not more.

That explain why he dont answer my mails.  :-(

• Frank Xeno? Did he create Xeno games??

I’m truly saddened to read that he passed!  :-(

I have gotten game pieces from Xeno games! Quality products.

• yes and he sold it even before he passed. The new owner has a very similar name.

• News from Greg Smorey…

Guys,

I have some possibly good news for GEN CON on the heels of the Triple A shutdown…

I have just been informed that WotC will have a lot of 25 AA42 games at GEN CON
    and I will be getting 6 copies myself. Now, I just talked to my
    supporter and he seemed pretty confident in that it will officially hit
    the shelves on August 18. So, he doesn’t see a reason why 42 shouldn’t
    be out at GEN CON…

What ever it is worth…

• Yep i knew it. Get one of these copies and don’t go to bed till you have posted all that you can as soon as possible.

The entire world is counting on the success of your mission. You are our eyes right now.

Learn all that you can if possible jot down the rules that are different and post. I will make a sticky just for you.

+1 Karma.

• @Imperious:

Yep i knew it. Get one of these copies and don’t go to bed till you have posted all that you can as soon as possible.

The entire world is counting on the success of your mission. You are our eyes right now.

Learn all that you can if possible jot down the rules that are different and post. I will make a sticky just for you.

+1 Karma.

If Greg does have 6 copies (no reason now to think he wont), then I will get my hands on one. Dont worry.

• @Imperious:

Yep i knew it. Get one of these copies and don’t go to bed till you have posted all that you can as soon as possible.

Greg Shaw was the first person to post pics of the A&A 1942 25’th Anniversary edition at BGG. I posted some of the pics in another thread here.

• While I can see the mass market advantage of AA42 - aka the Diminished Capacity Version of AA50 - really bringing it to Gencon is like bringing your cousin to the prom.

• Founder TripleA Admin

My source also says that August 18 is the date. I was also told that review copies would not be available until next week but I already got scooped on the photos and details of the game.

That’s okay, I guess, my review won’t go on and on and on about how broken and unplayable the game is without money.

@squirecam:

News from Greg Smorey…

Guys,

I have some possibly good news for GEN CON on the heels of the Triple A shutdown…

I have just been informed that WotC will have a lot of 25 AA42 games at GEN CON
    and I will be getting 6 copies myself. Now, I just talked to my
    supporter and he seemed pretty confident in that it will officially hit
    the shelves on August 18. So, he doesn’t see a reason why 42 shouldn’t
    be out at GEN CON…

What ever it is worth…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m