• @crusaderiv:

OIl producers in 1939 = Borneo, Java, East Indies, Venezuela, Columbia, Mexico, usa (texas), Rumania, kazazh SSR, Egypt, Caucasus, Iran, Irak & Saudi Arabia.
    Nothing for china and Italy.

source?

• My friend works for a oil & reseach company.
    he knows almost everything about oil & gas history.

• @crusaderiv:

My friend works for a oil & reseach company.
    he knows almost everything about oil & gas history.

cool

is your friend sure  about saudi arabia though? I know they discovered a lot of oil in 1938 but I dont think much was coming out of that country until after the war.

And what about manchuria?

Wernt there some oil wells in eastern poland aswell?

• More info.
    No real thing in poland but in Hungary!
    There was some oil fields in the southern part of the country and around balaton Lake.
    (The battle of balaton lake was the last battle of the Hungarian & German army against the red army).

Manchuria.

Yes japan discovered shale oil in the northern part of the territory but no real production before the end of the war.
    I also forgot to mention Kuwait & United arab emirat.

• Thats true. Hitlers reason to retake Lake Balaton was for that reason.

• In light of AA40, this may become a moot point.  LH plans on representing oil in each territorie’s IPC income.  Persia, for example, will have tha largest IPC value for all the middle east nations.

• We have introduced Oil rule la couple of years ago.
    In our 1939 game rules, Axis players doesn’t have oil so they have to fight to get some because they’re going to face a penalty after the 7th round.

If you conquer a neutral oil territory you receive form the bank, twice of the value of the territory.
    Ex: Saudi Arabia = 2 IPC so you’ll receive 4 IPC.
    When you invade an ennemy oil territory, the player must give you twice of the value of the territory. Ex: Egypt = 2 so UK player must pay 4 IPC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m