• This would not be the case for air transports, they would take up a ton of room like bombers do and they would  only be used for airborne assaults. I just dont c the point, why not just assume airborne infantry have dedicated air transports. Or how about just having a chip that you put underneath airborne infantry to designate as being ready to preform an airborne assault.

I have air transport on my game board. (1/700 scale airplane).
    JU 52 for Germany and Italy and Betty for Japan.
    Dakota for USA, UK.
    I think it’s a great addition and better than chip.

• @crusaderiv:

This would not be the case for air transports, they would take up a ton of room like bombers do and they would  only be used for airborne assaults. I just dont c the point, why not just assume airborne infantry have dedicated air transports. Or how about just having a chip that you put underneath airborne infantry to designate as being ready to preform an airborne assault.

I have air transport on my game board. (1/700 scale airplane).
    JU 52 for Germany and Italy and Betty for Japan.
    Dakota for USA, UK.
    I think it’s a great addition and better than chip.

do you have pictures?

• they would take up a ton of room

Okay then we need an even bigger board.

Air Transports

We use the bombers from the original AA Game

cost 8 IPC’s  0,1,6 (Does not benifit from Long Range Aircraft) carries 2 Inf./or Paras.

May not move in the Combat move phase unless dropping Paras, may deploy 2 Paras.
    Para troopers and Transport planes must begin their combat move in the same space.
    Non combat move may move 2 Inf, or 2 Paras. Air Trans may fly out and “pick” up troops during Non combat move

Combat is normal with this exception,

As soon as trans ports deploy their Paras, they are removed from combat. this is to prevent them from being used as fodder. How ever you may choose to not deploy Paras, In this instance you may use Air Trains as Fodder but remember you have to have at least 1 Para aboard. (8IPCs for Trans and 4 or 8 IPCS for Para(s) =12[16] IPC loss)

Air trans May not Partially deploy, it’s all or None.

Para Troopers

cost 4 IPC’s  2,2,1  can be supported by Arty on Attack or on Def. In each case the increase is to 3. Must have Matching Arty for each para trying to use this Ability.
    Paratroopers may only make a combat move from a Air Trans.
    (They may not “walk” into combat)

Paratroopers and Airtrains are a Technology Advance and go hand in hand as one.

this set up seems to work pretty good for our group.

• What does transporting thousands of regular infantry and airborne infantry by air to friendly territroy have to do with World War 2?

• do you have pictures?

Yes i have picture of my gameborad and pieces.
    I already tried to send my pictures on this site but it doesn’t worked!!! :?

What does transporting thousands of regular infantry and airborne infantry by air to friendly territroy have to do with World War 2?
    Germany used transport so many times for reinforce the eastern front.
    Same thing in Lybia and in Tunisia during 1943.
    US troops used air transport during the guadalcanal battle and in others islands
    but of course,the ‘‘air trafic’’ wasn’t the same as vietnam war.

• use mediafire for pictures

• You already suggested me this site but no result.  :|

I’m lucky with dice but i don’t have a good karma with computer

• Hey Imperious.

I just download my picture on media fire with succes but I don’t konw how to transfert the image from media site to the AA froum topic.
    I know there’s a insert image but how can I insert it?

• yes sir.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m